[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

23 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

use the interstage without the side thing, it's a part switch

I have been but there should be a shroud on the interstage fairing that covers the pipes or cables from the atlas/centaur 2 upwards. I think you are right about the long interstange. I know its something really minor but BDB goes into the tiniest details and I always wonder if I am missing a part. 

f6abu8o.jpg

1 hour ago, dave1904 said:

I have been but there should be a shroud on the interstage fairing that covers the pipes or cables from the atlas/centaur 2 upwards. I think you are right about the long interstange. I know its something really minor but BDB goes into the tiniest details and I always wonder if I am missing a part. 

f6abu8o.jpg

Youre not missing any part , the Centaur II and V tanks were made before the current Centaur interstage , and they are yet to be updated accordingly

Sorry if this is a bit offtopic for the mod itself, but I was reading the unofficial mod wiki and read on the LDC page...

"Titan III LDC (Large Diameter Core) was a proposal to handle heavier MOL payloads than Titan III-M"

I am greatly curious about alternate space history (and like to play them in KSP with this mod C: ), and was wondering if anyone knew what those heavier payloads might be? Larger space stations like Salyut? Or something else. Or maybe they just proposed the rocket without any idea of the payload, which is entirely possible ;P

Also, does anyone think a Hydrolox LDC variant would be realistic, or would development be too much?

Edited by Heliotrope

10 minutes ago, Heliotrope said:

I am greatly curious about alternate space history (and like to play them in KSP with this mod C: ), and was wondering if anyone knew what those heavier payloads might be? Larger space stations like Salyut? Or something else. Or maybe they just proposed the rocket without any idea of the payload, which is entirely possible ;P

Space based weapons platforms for the Air Force.

10 minutes ago, Heliotrope said:

Also, does anyone think a Hydrolox LDC variant would be realistic, or would development be too much?

Delta IV, or use the fuel switch and roll your own. The LDC parts are great for that.

9 minutes ago, Jso said:

Delta IV, or use the fuel switch and roll your own. The LDC parts are great for that.

Sorry if I was not clear on my post, I am aware I *can* make LDC hydrolox and with the engines that run on hydrolox it could work. I was just curious if that would be realistic, something they could do in reality, or would there not be much point.

6 minutes ago, Heliotrope said:

Sorry if I was not clear on my post, I am aware I *can* make LDC hydrolox and with the engines that run on hydrolox it could work. I was just curious if that would be realistic, something they could do in reality, or would there not be much point.

I'm not sure what you're asking then. If you're wondering if you could just take a Hypergolic Titan and fill it with Hydrolox fuel with no other modification but an engine swap, no you couldn't do that. But this is KSP &)

Titan unflown proposals. (Our LDC is a generic LDC concept, not any particular design at that page).

Some Skylab ATM progress

(only started on the solars and some detailing is still missing including the underside of the sun shield. Also grime and wear is still not in for the most part).

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_03-18-02.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_03-15-16.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_03-32-22.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_03-16-39.png

5 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Some Skylab ATM progress

(only started on the solars and some detailing is still missing including the underside of the sun shield. Also grime and wear is still not in for the most part).

wow this is beautiful 

51 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Some Skylab ATM progress

Does the kerbal come with the next update? He better!

Edited by alberro+

53 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Some Skylab ATM progress

Amazing!

Also, a question: any plans to make lens covers movable on experiment launch? Would be a nice little detail IMO.

Edited by biohazard15

1 minute ago, slyfoxninja said:

I apologies in advance if this was already asked/answered, but I don't get plumes when using BDB so I guess it's a mod conflict maybe? Thanks!

what plume mod(s) do you use? 

3 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Does the kerbal come with the next update? He better!

Cardboard Jeb is unfortunately stuck in the unity scene and cant escape.

2 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Amazing!

Also, a question: any plans to make lens covers movable on experiment launch? Would be a nice little detail IMO.

Its already animated yes. 

Just now, slyfoxninja said:

I apologies in advance if this was already asked/answered, but I don't get plumes when using BDB so I guess it's a mod conflict maybe? Thanks!

Make sure you have BDB and all dependencies installed correctly as per the download. After double checking if you still have trouble, please post:

1. a list of your mods (a screenshot of your gamedata folder will do)

2. your ModuleManager.log (in kerbalSpaceProgram/Logs/ModuleManager)

3. your ModuleManager.ConfigCache (in Kerbal Space Program/GameData.)

Also please let us know your KSP version and whether you have the latest BDB installed.

3 hours ago, Heliotrope said:

Several LDC type Titans were planed with *PLACEHOLDER* engines.   IIRC the RL20 would be the best engine for a Hydrolox LDC.. but if you go all Hydrolox (1st, 2nd and any kick stages) then you can go J-2S Sea Level on the first stage and either LR87-LH2-VAC or J-2S on the 2nd stage (I prefer the LR87s myself)   No Solids needed.

IRL the Hydolox Titans would have all launched with UA1204 or UA1205s.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Some Skylab ATM progress

Amazing work on the ATM!

Any chance that with the Skylab revamp we'll see the USAF D-21 Inflatable airlock?

1970garriottnov70136.jpg

IMG20210511123046.jpg

More info: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327674091_Development_of_an_Inflatable_Airlock_for_Deep_Space_Exploration

7 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Amazing work on the ATM!

Any chance that with the Skylab revamp we'll see the USAF D-21 Inflatable airlock?

IMG20210511123046.jpg

More info: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327674091_Development_of_an_Inflatable_Airlock_for_Deep_Space_Exploration

Hmm I can look into this.

4 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

will the Skylab Adapter Module have a SAF fairing in the revamp?

Do you need to ask? :P

Spoiler

yes of course

Dong Fang Hong 1 (Changzheng-1, aka Long March 1, Jiuquan SLC)

The Dong Fang Hong 1 ("The East is Red", named after Chinese revolutionary hymn) is the first satellite of People's Republic of China. It was launched at 24 April 1970, on Changzheng-1 (aka Long March 1) rocket.

Why is it here? Well, because most of parts used for this replica come from BDB.

KZIf4rJ.png

Long March 1 on its launch pad. Notable for its ginormous launch tower (when compared to Western analogs, like Delta).

NDWT3BN.png

Liftoff!

JnuZ3q3.png

mpT2Q3E.png

Well, the East is indeed quite red.

hD3iwy1.png

LM-1's first stage had a YF-2 engine - a cluster of four YF-1 engines, augmented with four little verniers. YF-2 is represented by stock Kodiak, and verniers are LV-1Rs, moved inside Kodiak's boattail.

h8ZnIIk.png

Xja3ODN.png

Second stage had YF-3 - a vacuum-nozzle engine. This is represented by Vega's GE-405 engine with vacuum nozzle. It also had Redstone-esque RCS.

1YUaYN2.png

SFtnqML.png

N5LN0QL.png

y68p06U.png

The satellite itself was a metallic polyhedron with four whip antennas at its sides. This is represented by a Telstar with some additions (since BDB Telstar does not have surface attach, which is quite confusing).

JQ3hq5Q.png

8lIwCO8.png

Releasing the AKM an apogee. The AKM, named FG-02, is represented by Star-31.

dYLHiQj.png

ccVQtzQ.png

Dong Fang Hong 1 is quite ready to transmit its namesake song.

Edited by biohazard15

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Finished Skylab Apollo Telescope Mount :) 

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_20-39-27.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_20-44-35.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_20-42-58.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_20-43-46.png

screen_2560x1440_2021-05-11_20-40-39.png

I admit that when I saw the skylab telescope being redone I thought it wasn't much worth it as it already looked good enough in its current state, but man, I was so wrong. Wonderful, wonderful work