[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Crimor said:

Currently trying to figure out what's causing a bug in my modlist regarding tweakscale(If I make the part smaller and then duplicate it, the max fuel storage gets reset), and I've made it not happen on non bluedog parts but it still happens on these, anyone had similar issues in the past that I could use to figure out what's causing it faster? The cycle of removing a couple of mods, starting the game, and rescaling a part only to do it again and again is becoming less and less fun :v

Compare the final config of the working and non working parts in GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache and maybe you can figure out what's different. FYI, we haven't updated our Tweakscale compatibility files in over a year so they are definitely out of date. I'm not sure anyone on the dev team still uses it.

Tweakscale configs being out of date might be the problem then, which is sad because I love that small alpha fuel tank with inbuilt rcs. Mainly found this happening while trying to track down another bug.

Did a quick modlist of only bluedog, tweakscale, and dependencies and it still happens, so yeah it's most likely an out of date tweakscale config. Sadly I have no idea how to update the patch, they look relatively identical to me compared to the ones tweakscale uses for vanilla.

Edited by Crimor

On 5/18/2021 at 11:54 AM, CollectingSP said:

Isn’t that nova?

NO :D  But still not something that CobaltWolf is a fan of doing... (sorry this gets covered a lot and I posted on this literally 3 pages back)  

Saturn C-8 has NEXT to nothing to do with NOVA...   it was ONE of the Saturn Concepts for Direct Ascent and quickly voted the LEAST likely!   

HOWEVER  

Someone in Congress (not NASA) thought it should be included in NOVA......     AFTER both NOVA and actual Saturn C-8 dev WERE OVER.        

Saturn C-8 as well as any of the potential NOVA rockets were separately replaced by Saturn MLV.   

Now to your MLV choices for Direct Ascent are 5x or 6x F-1A Stretched MS-IC tankage first stage (max stretch),  MS-IIA 2nd stage tankage (the longest stretch) with S-IVC or the MS-IVB stretch on top.   

Likely the first stage would have had 2x twin F-1A boosters OR 4x 156" SRMs (likely the Thiokol ones that with further evolution became the Space Shuttle SRM.)   It is possible that 4x UA-1207 or UA-1208s could have been used as well.  

YES There was an Actual S-IVC proposed in Saturn... This is not the ETS S-IVC.   It was a single ADVANCED Hydrolox powered stretched S-IVB.  Go for RL20 Vac! :D   

On 5/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, Crimor said:

Tweakscale configs being out of date might be the problem then, which is sad because I love that small alpha fuel tank with inbuilt rcs. Mainly found this happening while trying to track down another bug.

Did a quick modlist of only bluedog, tweakscale, and dependencies and it still happens, so yeah it's most likely an out of date tweakscale config. Sadly I have no idea how to update the patch, they look relatively identical to me compared to the ones tweakscale uses for vanilla.

Do you have Tweakscale RECAL installed?

WIthout it B9PS parts can break with Tweakscale in my experience

Warning, KSP REcall not compatable with Smart Parts (sad panda noises!)

Edited by Pappystein

I doubt this is high on your list of priorities right now, but what would you say to the possibility of parts from the TV series For All Mankind, like the Jamestown base, or the three-person LM (LSAM)?

Edited by TaintedLion

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

NO :D  But still not something that CobaltWolf is a fan of doing... (sorry this gets covered a lot and I posted on this literally 3 pages back)  

Saturn C-8 has NEXT to nothing to do with NOVA...   it was ONE of the Saturn Concepts for Direct Ascent and quickly voted the LEAST likely!   

HOWEVER  

Someone in Congress (not NASA) thought it should be included in NOVA......     AFTER both NOVA and actual Saturn C-8 dev WERE OVER.        

Saturn C-8 as well as any of the potential NOVA rockets were separately replaced by Saturn MLV.   

Now to your MLV choices for Direct Ascent are 5x or 6x F-1A Stretched MS-IC tankage first stage (max stretch),  MS-IIA 2nd stage tankage (the longest stretch) with S-IVC or the MS-IVB stretch on top.   

Likely the first stage would have had 2x twin F-1A boosters OR 4x 156" SRMs (likely the Thiokol ones that with further evolution became the Space Shuttle SRM.)   It is possible that 4x UA-1207 or UA-1208s could have been used as well.  

YES There was an Actual S-IVC proposed in Saturn... This is not the ETS S-IVC.   It was a single ADVANCED Hydrolox powered stretched S-IVB.  Go for RL20 Vac! :D   

Never going to not enjoy reading through your paragraphs. Keep it up yo!

54 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I doubt this is high on your list of priorities right now, but what would you say to the possibility of parts from the TV series For All Mankind, like the Jamestown base, or the three-person LM (LSAM)?

Cobalt has already stated many times that he's not going to do FAM stuff anytime soon

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Of course, since it's a dependency for tweakscale nowadays, still didn't do anything with BDB. It's likely due to an ongoing compatibility issue between tweakscale/recall and b9ps

Edited by Crimor

23 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

for all mankind is stupid

I mean they use a freaking lunar space shuttle

and there are wayyy more cooler and realistic concepts, for example from ETS, which I love

imo you cant really have an alternative reality show and make it 100% realistic and have it be enjoyable to watch, especially keep it running with good income...

but yes ETS is amazing, i cant wait to see those parts revamped!

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

for all mankind is stupid

I mean they use a freaking lunar space shuttle

and there are wayyy more cooler and realistic concepts, for example from ETS, which I love

True, but consider this: you get to bomb the moon

I think a FAM mod would be a great mod on it's own. It doesn't need to be forcefully squished in to BDB. It just doesn't fit the style of BDB.

1 minute ago, TaintedLion said:

Well yeah, that's stupid, I just wanted Jamestown and the LSAM.

Yeah, only if they had a nuclear powered rocket...

Just now, DeadJohn said:

So it fits in with BDB: fake, just like the Apollo moon landings. :wacko:

(In case anyone's reading on something that doesn't show the emoji, my statement is a joke.)

Alan Shepard's first spaceflight was simulated with a massive bungie cord.