[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

YOOOOO

congrats on the release

now do more stuff

now

this is a threat 

In all seriousness, when will the next update begin development? You guys deserve a break after the effort put into this :)

23 minutes ago, JustDark said:

In all seriousness, when will the next update begin development? You guys deserve a break after the effort put into this :)

Saturn Phase 2 is probably already in development.  @Zorg is working on Nerva, and iirc, they said it would be in phase 2 of the Saturn update. 

There's also the Atlas update that Zorg will be doing. 

I think I saw mention of a new Titan revamp.

Edited by GoldForest

16 minutes ago, JustDark said:

My schedule is a little spotty but some time in the near future I will begin work on revamping Atlas V and later Centaur

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.10.0 "Луна"

U7nsIzU.png
(Click image to see update album)

DOWNLOAD
WARNING: THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK EXISTING SAVES AND CRAFT FILES
GITHUB  |  SPACEDOCK

Changelog:
v1.10.0

New Content and features

- BIG REVAMP OF SATURN, APOLLO & SKYLAB!!

CPKu1xz.png

Apollo

- New Apollo capsule with multiple variants including Skylab and Boilerplate variants
- Official PBR support for Apollo capsule via Textures Unlimited with custom PBR textures (Thanks to Truthful Gnome)
- New block II SM with realistic SIM-bay and alternate bay interiors
- Apollo CM terrestrial landing heatshield with legs and retro motors
- New SIM-bay experiments and revamped sub satellite
- New LM with independent legs and silver MLI variant
- New LM and CSM engines
- 16 new surface experiment parts based on the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment Package (ALSEP). Requires Breaking Ground DLC.
- Multiple R4D rcs variant blocks
- LM MESA experiment, goo experiment based on RTG cask, and cosmic ray detector
- Revamped ETS advanced Apollo service modules and mission modules
- revamped AARDVARK block I and block II, plus unpressurised segment.
- new accurate CADS docking port in passive and active models (1.25m)
- Apollo Boilerplate CM and SM
- New Apollo SM Doppler Antenna (used on ASTP mission)

nQBRqwg.png

Saturn

- All new Saturn V at correct real world to KSP scale ( S1C and SII now 6.25m, SIVB 4.25m).
- Multiple variant lengths for S1C including various stretches for MLV as well as common bulkhead variant.
- Variants for S1C engine mount
- Multiple mounting truss options for the SLA. Wide SLA variant with straight walls for larger payloads
- Multiple variant lengths, 5x and 7x engine mount variants for SII.
- SII to 3.75m Generic mount and dedicated 3.75m M1 engine mount.
- Multiple variant lengths, SOFI texture variant and LASS mount option for the S4B
- Variants for Saturn V engine mount
- S1D Atlas style half staging mount and vernier engine
- New inline and radial AJ260 solid rocket motor in multiple length variants
- Revamped and resized Saturn I (first stage 4.25m, S4 3.75m) with multiple length switches
- 6.25m (MLV) and 4.25m (Skylab style), and 3.75m SAF fairings.
- 2.5m Saturn I fairing variant
- Truss adapter for AARDV and Centaur
- New E-1 engine
- New sustainer variant for the F1
- New H2 variant (subtype on the H1)

Xmm7yjn.png

Skylab

- All new historical Skylab with Breaking Ground based robotics truss for the ATM
- Jettisonable shielding for the orbital workshop with custom PBR texture support via Textures Unlimited for the bare workshop
- Skylab external experiments
- New wet workshop model
- New Venus flyby wet workshop with expanded shielding and 12x solar panels
- New Venus flyby mission module with unpressurised cargo bay, experiments and reentry probes.
- New ETS Spacelab parts
- Aft MDA based on EOSS proposals for expanding Skylab derived from the back

9Qwai0g.png

Gemini

- parts for Big Gemini conical service module (4.25m S4B diameter)
- Abort tower for Big Gemini

Other

- New Saturn I-based Pegasus micrometeorite satellite
- Replaced old APAS (0.9375m) with new model by Benjee10. Compatible without conflict with Benjees own mods (Habtech, SOCK etc)
- Apollo Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) docking adapter and experiment
- APAS 75 docking port from ASTP. Compatible with corresponding Soyuz base counterpart being added to Tantares.
- New Agena Horizon Sensor part (definitely apollo related)

Uc25qDL.png

Updates and Enhancements

- Update bundled Waterfall to 0.8.1
- Some solar panel EC output balancing
- Minor science balancing
- New Agena Avionics Unit 'split' paint variant
- DCSS 2.5m Fairing Base paint variants (white, black, and gray)

Bug fixes

- Fix more typos
- Minor tag fixes
- Fix Delta IV engine shroud texture

ltacVH4.png

Congrats on full release!

screenshot944.png

IT'S HAPPENING!!! EVERYONE STAY CALM.
Ahem, anyway...
Thanks to everyone for putting in so much time and effort to make this mod even better than it already was. It's been exciting and enlightening to watch the updates and progress over time. I can't wait to have the opportunity to get in game and get flying.
Once again, my thanks to everyone involved. You're a big part of why I play KSP and why it means a lot to me. :heart_eyes:

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Craft files were created in KSP 1.12.3, the only version of KSP BDB now officially supports as KSP is now end of life and thats the latest update. If you want to use the craft files in older versions you will need to use a text editor and change the version in the file.

If any saturn craft are missing specific parts please let me know the exact details. If its regarding fairings, make sure you have simple adjustable fairings installed.

I switched the craft file versions to 1.11 (I'm using 1.11.1) and it's still not working. It just says incompatible. Is there any fix?

6 hours ago, Friznit said:

If you have old save games or your own craft files that you'd like to update, you  an find and replace the old part names using a text editor fairly easily.  What I do is make a new ship with the "offending" part in a simple build, look up the name in the craft file then copy, find and replace in my "broken" craft.

With Notepad++ you can find and replace across all open files so you can quickly fix a whole bunch in one go. 

Thanks! Fixed mine with Sublime Text!

Edited by Teslamax

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Saturn Phase 2 is probably already in development.  @Zorg is working on Nerva, and iirc, they said it would be in phase 2 of the Saturn update. 

I haven't started on any work for the next update except messing around with some very rough LM variants.

I'm not sure if Atlas is still a priority, Zorg's call.

I don't think anyone mentioned a Titan revamp? There's none planned unless someone was doing some small touchups to bring the textures up to date.

5 hours ago, JustDark said:

Nah half the motivation for kicking the release out is to be able to work on new stuff without being guilty about how much was sitting in development. We got plans. Not sure what yet though.

On the note of potential future development directions, would the Integrated Manned Interplanetary Spacecraft (the 1968 Boeing design) be an option? It's based around Saturn infrastructure after all, and would provide specific utility for the already-planned Nerva, so probably wouldn't be too out of place for the mod.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I haven't started on any work for the next update except messing around with some very rough LM variants.

I don't think anyone mentioned a Titan revamp? There's none planned unless someone was doing some small touchups to bring the textures up to date.

Nah half the motivation for kicking the release out is to be able to work on new stuff without being guilty about how much was sitting in development. We got plans. Not sure what yet though.

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Yeah re Atlas KSP2 is kind of looming but if I have time I certainly intend to go ahead with it. Immediate priority is Skylab phase 2, nuclear saturn stuff etc.

1 hour ago, septemberWaves said:

On the note of potential future development directions, would the Integrated Manned Interplanetary Spacecraft (the 1968 Boeing design) be an option? It's based around Saturn infrastructure after all, and would provide specific utility for the already-planned Nerva, so probably wouldn't be too out of place for the mod.

We havent dug too deep into it yet but the current thinking for nuclear stages is to probably cherry pick from various proposals in order to come up with a part set that is useful to players. So large stack docking ports, lateral docking ports (to lash stages together in orbit), dedicated mounts etc. If that proposal is what I think it is it does actually cover most of that but we may look at more than one source.

Regarding the actual interplanetary spacecraft thats still up for discussion.

7 hours ago, JustDark said:

Before that we will prob have a little patch or two for the current release. One or two parts that got left behind might make it in :) Previews to come shortly.

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

So large stack docking ports, lateral docking ports (to lash stages together in orbit)

Yes please. I read a tease on something like lateral docking ports about a year ago and i loved the idea then and i love it now. Personally i am a dumb idiot regarding to things like docking, but i am no fan of launching to "kerbal sized" ships in one single launch without any fairings or absurdly large fairings around it. So that would be exactly what i need for interplanetary missions.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Could have sworn I saw mention of a Titan/Gemini update/revamp somewhere... hmm, false memory I guess, my bad lol.

Edited by GoldForest

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Could have sworn I saw mention of a Titan/Gemini update/revamp somewhere... hmm, flash memory I guess, my bad lol.

The cylindrical big G service module will be revamped and possibly some Titan textures might get a slight touch up but thats it.

11 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The cylindrical big G service module will be revamped and possibly some Titan textures might get a slight touch up but thats it.

Putting all the titans SRBs under one b9 switch part would be one thing I would request if you do ever do an update. And maybe combining the Titan's fuel tanks together under a b9 switch too. 

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

LSAM?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Putting all the titans SRBs under one b9 switch part would be one thing I would request if you do ever do an update. And maybe combining the Titan's fuel tanks together under a b9 switch too.

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

Is there a possibility of replacing the decoupler+engine autoshrouds with a proper interstage?

10 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Is there a possibility of replacing the decoupler+engine autoshrouds with a proper interstage?

Eh unlikely at this point. Its unfortunate that those were made before we went all in on interstages but Im not sure its feasible to convert now.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Again too much work at this stage. If anything is done, it would be minor texture touch ups and thats it.

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

LSAM?

on one hand, this would be good

on another hand, I would need to remake all my titan craft files, which would be suboptimal

29 minutes ago, Jcking said:

Not Altair, but AES and AAP versions of the lunar module (Lab, Taxi, Truck, Shelter).

I didn't say Altair, I said LSAM. LSAM is the four engined LM from For All Mankind. 

9 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Eh unlikely at this point. Its unfortunate that those were made before we went all in on interstages but Im not sure its feasible to convert now.

Again too much work at this stage. If anything is done, it would be minor texture touch ups and thats it.

Ah, okay. Just thought I'd request it. 

11 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Altair was originally known as LSAM as well iirc.

Oh? I didn't know that. I guess we need to start using LSAM-A and LSAM-FAM to distinguish the two. 

Edit 1: Just looked it up, Altair was indeed called the LSAM. 

Edit 2: @Jcking Apologizes if my initial message came off as negative in anyway. I did not mean any negativity. I did not know Altair was called LSAM. 

Edited by GoldForest