[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, awsumindyman said:

Good. While I know it's your mod, it's probably best that you keep 1.5m as the only non-compatible size range.

There was a REALLY strong, compelling reason for making it 1.5m and not... idk. 1.5625 or whatever would make people happy. The thing is, I have never once been able to remember what that reason was since making that decision.

Also, STREAM IS UP.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

There was a REALLY strong, compelling reason for making it 1.5m and not... idk. 1.5625 or whatever would make people happy. The thing is, I have never once been able to remember what that reason was since making that decision.

Also, STREAM IS UP.

Probably because the only accepted alternative size ranges are multiples/fractions of the stock sizes, for compatibility and easier calculations.

Thanks guys!

Thrust curves are checked into the repository if you want to check them out. I'd appreciate some feedback on these as I think they may be a love it or hate it kind of thing. Tinkerers should check out the Bluedog_DB/ThrustCurve directory. They're setup to be easy to switch around. Part descriptions will tell you which curve is on the engine since there's no other way to tell. These are not craft file or save breaking.

Other than the last curve they all start at 100% thrust so your initial TWR given by KER or MechJeb will be accurate. Burn times will be off.

There's the basic flat curve that just runs at 100% thrust and trails off at the end. This one is used when nothing else is specified. In these images 100% fuel is on the right, 0% is on the left, so they read backwards - sorry.

dJE8Tix.png

The steady drop that goes up to 105% then drops to 66%. There's also drop to 76% and 86% versions. The Titan solids use this.

EruoLds.png

The rise and fall climbs to 133% then drops to 66%. Three versions of this as well. The Delta GEMs use the 124 to 76% version.

r5eepCa.png

The Castor 120 based on the real thing. I tried quite a few curves on the Athena 1 & 2 before I settled on just using the real-ish one.

Qk1W3j0.png

The Castor 30. The effect you get from this is a slowly increasing TWR that steadies out over the last half of the curve. It starts at 30% thrust and doesn't get to 100% until half the fuel is gone. I personally like this one a lot, but timing when to light the stage takes some getting used to.

RJ4grCJ.png

On 5/17/2016 at 8:56 AM, CobaltWolf said:

That would work, except the Karrot is no longer in the mod, and all of OrionKermin's work is All Rights Reserved, so I can't just use it. But the Karrot WAS inspired by the Radish.

I think we should keep it with more of an Mk1-2 look. Found lying by the side of the road, the "Karotte":

Hello all, I had some problems here with this fantastic mod. Seems like I can't see the flames of the engines included in this mod. I tried them all, and they actually work, but there is no visible flame outpot.

I have other mods installed, and I don't know if the problem is of compatibility, but all other engines have no problem. Maybe is just my fault in something, but I hope to find some help here, 'cause I really like this mod :)

If it can help, I installed the mod with CKAN.

Sorry if there's something wrong with my english, it isn't my first language.

18 minutes ago, Incursore said:

~snip~

If you don't have real plume installed you need to delete the real plume configs, I don't know where they are (I use realplume), but you need to delete them and the stock flame should show up. Venomous knows, but I can't tag her since I'm on mobile.

If you have realplume, you probably don't have smoke screen installed.

35 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Venomous knows, but I can't tag her since I'm on mobile.

@VenomousRequiem

58 minutes ago, Incursore said:

Hello all, I had some problems here with this fantastic mod. Seems like I can't see the flames of the engines included in this mod. I tried them all, and they actually work, but there is no visible flame outpot.

I swore we fixed this. Could post your ksp.log (not here, upload it to dropbox or something).

17 minutes ago, Jso said:

I swore we fixed this. Could post your ksp.log (not here, upload it to dropbox or something).

I swear we fixed this, and our hasn't changed since... The plumes worked for me without RP installed the other day.

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

There was a REALLY strong, compelling reason for making it 1.5m [150 cm] and not... idk. 1.5625 m [156 1⁄4 cm] or whatever would make people happy. The thing is, I have never once been able to remember what that reason was since making that decision.

Also, STREAM IS UP.

most likely because 150 cm is better to write than 156 1⁄4 cm. that is really hard to write, wether in decimal metres or centimetres.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Just now, Rory Yammomoto said:

most likely because 150 cm is better to write than 156 1⁄4 cm. that is really hard to write, wether in decimal metres or centimetres.

But you're the only person who writes parts in units other than straight meters.

4 hours ago, Incursore said:

If it can help, I installed the mod with CKAN.

We're on CKAN..? When did that happen? I've heard CKAN will sometimes have a stupid broken way of installing things that messes up configs. This issue you're having could very well not be our fault. :P

And don't ever apologize for your English. It's not your fault that you don't know it perfectly, hell i don't speak any other language other than English so the fact that you can speak at least two is dope as hell. Rock on, man. :cool:

Hey y'all! I'm going to start streaming around 6 PM (about 20 minutes from this post). I guess we're working on Saturn, nyeh? In the mean time, here are a couple screenshots I took today. Today was spent on a couple things - working with @DiscoSlelge on the manual, adding normal maps and tweaking the textures for Belle and Prometheus, and redoing the Belle nose cone so that it doesn't look like butt. As an added bonus, it is now hollow, specifically to allow for an interesting design I though of the other day. :)

I don't know how the "quote" thing works, but I hope you'll see this post :D However, I eliminate the realplume files in the compatibility folder, as Sgt.Shutesie said, and now I can see the flames and all work perfectly, thank you :)

I have not Real Plume istalled, and I don't know the origin of the problem, at the moment I can't upload anything so I'm really sorry. Maybe, as VenomousRequiem suggested, it can be a CKAN problem.

But finally I can play with this mod and no problems, thank you all again :)