[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just wanted to make a quick suggestion, that Maybe you should make a Manufacturer tab so it is easier to find these parts, or something like SpaceY did, where it has it's own tab, and sub tabs for t he various parts, considering these add a -ton- to the normal part menus, and with multiple mods it can be a bit confusing to try to find all the related parts.

Suggestions incoming:

HG-3 engine (conceptual/designed engine that was the direct precursor to the RS-25)

config's that change the proper engines to run on hydrogen instead of liquid fuel when Nertea's Cryogenic Engines are installed (by proper engines I mean M-1, HG-3, RL-10, etc.)

F-1B engine, so we can make the Saturn 1c from eyes turned skywards(ETS)

Long 3.75m orange tank, so we can make the Saturn Multibody from ETS

Stubby Service Module, properly stylized KAS/KIS compatible storage containers, 5 kerbal (stretched?) Apollo capsule (again, ETS)

6.25m Cryogenic tanks (for Cryogenic Engines), would allow us to make the Ares from Stephen Baxter's Voyage (Ares was a Mars ship built out of re-purposed Apollo/Saturn hardware)

Edited by awsumindyman

16 minutes ago, Ryusho said:

Just wanted to make a quick suggestion, that Maybe you should make a Manufacturer tab so it is easier to find these parts, or something like SpaceY did, where it has it's own tab, and sub tabs for t he various parts, considering these add a -ton- to the normal part menus, and with multiple mods it can be a bit confusing to try to find all the related parts.

It's coming. IIRC right now if you have WildBlueTools installed it adds one. I'll have to see if SpaceY has a more agnostic way of doing it.

6 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Suggestions incoming:

HG-3 engine (conceptual/designed engine that was the direct precursor to the RS-25)

config's that change the proper engines to run on hydrogen instead of liquid fuel when Nertea's Cryogenic Engines are installed (by proper engines I mean M-1, HG-3, RL-10, etc.)

F-1B engine, so we can make the Saturn 1c from eyes turned skywards(ETS)

Long 3.75m orange tank, so we can make the Saturn Multibody from ETS

Stubby Service Module, properly stylized KAS/KIS compatible storage containers, 5 kerbal (stretched?) Apollo capsule (again, ETS)

6.25m Cryogenic tanks (for Cryogenic Engines), would allow us to make the Ares from Stephen Baxter's Voyage (Ares was a Mars ship built out of re-purposed Apollo/Saturn hardware)

6tfwy7X.png

(check near the bottom, you're good homie)

Just now, Drakenex said:

I don't know, just mentioning Apollo/Saturn was banned here some days ago, so, I'll be happy to have the regular Saturn  I B1/2 and B + Saturn V + Apollo CSM + LM + Skylab and that's all :D

Lot to ask for, buddy.

viking_s_creed_wipcycles_by_ichimachuu-d

22 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Did you see my post about the Vinci parachute issue?

Yeah, I just gave it a try, and...

On the other hand, @Jso seems to have had it happen to him, so I don't know. We're still looking into it. I don't know what to tell y'all. Have you tried deleting your PartDatabase.cfg ?

Also, after some more deliberation and asking @Beale for some source files, I will be splitting the heatshields off the command pods. Pretty much just because I don't like having the whole pod glow when I reenter.

I'll be trying to stream in a bit, don't know what I'm going to work on, could be anything tbh.

5 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

I've been dying for somebody to bring this up :-) Some sort of optional cryogenic fuel outside of realfuels is definitely on my radar. It's trivial to do, the only question is how. LH2/LOX, LH2/Oxidizer, some sort of stockalike-ish CryoFuel/Oxidizer. LH2/Oxidizer would be my last choice, but it's already out there in the wild. Some sort of boiloff would be a must and would require a plugin. It's just weird watching LH not boil away. Though it's less weird than a cryo engine running on LF.

2 hours ago, sp1989 said:

@CobaltWolf @Jso I would really like to use the Vinci as my standard orbital launch vehicle but I can't because the parachute system for it keeps killing my Kerbals. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcybc65bdg6owx6/KSP.log?dl=0

45 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

On the other hand, @Jso seems to have had it happen to him, so I don't know. We're still looking into it. I don't know what to tell y'all. Have you tried deleting your PartDatabase.cfg ?

The problem seems to have gone away my last couple of attempts. I still feel like it's coming in way too fast. @sp1989 are you doing what I was doing:  watching the ground come up really fast and increasing the deploy altitude on the main? It's set uncomfortably low at 500m. I didn't do that the last few times and everything worked ok. Dunno if that's it or not.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'll be trying to stream in a bit, don't know what I'm going to work on, could be anything tbh.

Yup, anything like the H1s or something :sticktongue:

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You lost your right to dream when you started following BDB. 

oh no, I'm following BDB because I've already made my choice, I choose ...

17yvwzkpvs5m6jpg.jpg

hahaha please bare with me, busy day at work.

2 hours ago, Jso said:

I've been dying for somebody to bring this up :-) Some sort of optional cryogenic fuel outside of realfuels is definitely on my radar. It's trivial to do, the only question is how. LH2/LOX, LH2/Oxidizer, some sort of stockalike-ish CryoFuel/Oxidizer. LH2/Oxidizer would be my last choice, but it's already out there in the wild. Some sort of boiloff would be a must and would require a plugin. It's just weird watching LH not boil away. Though it's less weird than a cryo engine running on LF.

The problem seems to have gone away my last couple of attempts. I still feel like it's coming in way too fast. @sp1989 are you doing what I was doing:  watching the ground come up really fast and increasing the deploy altitude on the main? It's set uncomfortably low at 500m. I didn't do that the last few times and everything worked ok. Dunno if that's it or not.

Yea I set it to 1500 and I still lost my Kerbals. Forgive me but I am just guessing here. Could it have anything to do with the fact that the parachute doesn't show up as a parachute but as a decoupler? 

7 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Yea I set it to 1500 and I still lost my Kerbals. Forgive me but I am just guessing here. Could it have anything to do with the fact that the parachute doesn't show up as a parachute but as a decoupler? 

No that's just the icon its set to have.

10 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Did you see my post about the Vinci parachute issue?

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, I just gave it a try, and...

<snip>

Actually, I had the exact same problem in testing the Vinci yesterday morning and deleting the PartDatabase.cfg cleared it right up for me.  Of course, I move so quickly back and forth between dev versions that it's no surprise that it happened to me and was so simple to clear up, but I figured I'd give a confirmation for this solution at least occasionally. 

Well I thought I would make another, this is a -minor- suggestion though, and not required unless you all decide too, but you may want to re-name the pages/parts in the manual, as well as the .craft files, to match up with the actual parts, as the "Brun-800" and similar parts for the "Viklun" launcher, are actually named "Viklun-800" and similar in game, as It really confused me a -lot- trying to re-create the launchers for them to be named differently.

3 hours ago, Ryusho said:

Well I thought I would make another, this is a -minor- suggestion though, and not required unless you all decide too, but you may want to re-name the pages/parts in the manual, as well as the .craft files, to match up with the actual parts, as the "Brun-800" and similar parts for the "Viklun" launcher, are actually named "Viklun-800" and similar in game, as It really confused me a -lot- trying to re-create the launchers for them to be named differently.

Is that the only one with issues? It was renamed an update or two ago, apparently the reason I had for the name wasn't correct. where is it still called Brun?

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Ravenchant said:

Woah, you're approaching RoverDude levels of mod-making speed. Is that thing on the right supposed to be Shuttle-Centaur?

BTW, methinks I'll start RO-ifying some parts today. Science stuff.

senpai_noticed_me_by_kira_nyan-d6mwiew.p

1 minute ago, 123nick said:

is there no BDB radial decoupler? also, is there a fuel adaptor from 1.25 meter too 0.9375m? 

No, I never got around to making one. And no, there originally was one (and now there's two) but they had their fuel removed because the rockets were OP enough without cramming the extra fuel into every nook and cranny.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

No, I never got around to making one. And no, there originally was one (and now there's two) but they had their fuel removed because the rockets were OP enough without cramming the extra fuel into every nook and cranny.

ok. i feel like some diameters are missing something, like is there a 1.5 meter fairing without a integrated fueltank?