[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, 123nick said:

ok. i feel like some diameters are missing something, like is there a 1.5 meter fairing without a integrated fueltank? 

Yes, it's under Prometheus. I tried pretty hard to add everything to all the old diameters (the newer bigger ones for Saturn do not have a lot right now) but I might have missed something here or there. I do plan on making a large radial decoupler for the Titan parts; do I need to make a smaller one for the Castors / GEMs?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Yes, it's under Prometheus. I tried pretty hard to add everything to all the old diameters (the newer bigger ones for Saturn do not have a lot right now) but I might have missed something here or there. I do plan on making a large radial decoupler for the Titan parts; do I need to make a smaller one for the Castors / GEMs?

maybe, i think sure. although maybe the stock decoupler could work, but.. i like using parts only from a certain mod. i made a LV with ur parts but ksp crashes (as always) and i lost it. someone really needs too make a auto-save mod.

4 hours ago, Ravenchant said:

Is that thing on the right supposed to be Shuttle-Centaur?

Very close. It's actually Centaur-T, which was Centaur G' (G-Prime) [The larger of the two Shuttle based Centaurs] configured for a Titan IV launch configuration vs a shuttle configuration.

1 hour ago, TimothyC said:

Very close. It's actually Centaur-T, which was Centaur G' (G-Prime) [The larger of the two Shuttle based Centaurs] configured for a Titan IV launch configuration vs a shuttle configuration.

Yeah. I had all the Shuttle Centaur hardware on it for giggles. Didn't do much for it.

Also, @TimothyC, the Never-Flown Titan variants thread had some interesting new posts. Titan Barbarian got covered, I need to go through all the LDC/Barbarian stuff and distill it down into one new lifter. I do rather like the idea of a 5 engine first stage, rather than a 4 engine first stage.

He also did one for a notional Titan 1 SLV, which replaced the RV with a fairing (0.625m in KSP) and Altair SRB. He said they also possibly might have put Able or Agena on top, which would have made a cool LV. Something about expanding and deriving from Titan 1 excites me for some reason, even though I don't particularly like how it looks. I think it's just because the first stage tank came out really well - it's always been one of my favorite parts I've made, especially now with the new art pass. I don't even really like the overall profile of the rocket - the proportion of second stage to first looks strange. I need to shorten the second stage tank - it's far too long overall as I didn't account for the fact that the engine, interstage, and decoupler are all one part in the real thing.

Speaking of which, I think I am going to continue tweaking art on the existing rockets, and adding normal / spec maps to the ones that do not have them. Specifically, Juno and Diamant are not up to the quality of the rest of the parts, and Vanguard/Thor/Redstone/Atlas all need normal maps still. I really like the improved visual quality it brings. The normal maps could possibly be distributed in a separate download, since the parts just won't have normals if they're missing IIRC.

Also, going to announce it again for those that did not see it before - I will be on a fishing trip for ~2 weeks starting this coming Thursday. Seeing as I'll be completely off the grid (Northern Canada) y'all will have to fend for yourselves. @VenomousRequiem and @Jso will hopefully be around to help if Squad breaks the mod or something.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 minute ago, OTmikhail said:

Thanks for coming on my live show Cobalt! for those who follow TMRO here is a link for our TMRO logo as a Flag for KSP, just drop it into your Squad/Flags folder and you too can fly the space program of TMRO. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk5osax74yz3yo1/TMRO%20Flag.png?dl=0

Live show...

Oh, right. I thought you meant this one:
s7jaw9k.png

9kJNCLr.png

For those of you who are interested in my x-20 development, which was announced a few streams ago, I have some pictures of my first most progressive model of it. I still have to make some windows on the cockpit and make wings and such, but the fuselage is going to look roughly like this (I will remodel this in the future as I get into summer, probably multiple times). I will probably keep all news about it here until my very first alpha release, probably sometime from June to July, when it gets moved to its own thread for those who don't want BDB (those people probably don't exist, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared). So yeah, give me feedback and if you have tips on how to model more effectively in blender please please please PLEASE shoot me a message. So yeah, one image is how a complete fuselage would look and the second is the different parts in order of Cockpit - Modular Expansion - SM Adapter. 

Reminder, this is my very first moding project, so don't expect anything as beautiful as Cobalt's (and Venom's :P) work right out of the gate.

e05YO6S.png

bPb4GjX.png

The expansion module will probably be a few different parts, depending on how I do things. For instance, science bays could different parts that go into a cargo bay, while a crew module would be completely different.

7 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

For those of you who are interested in my x-20 development, which was announced a few streams ago, I have some pictures of my first most progressive model of it. I still have to make some windows on the cockpit and make wings and such, but the fuselage is going to look roughly like this (I will remodel this in the future as I get into summer, probably multiple times). I will probably keep all news about it here until my very first alpha release, probably sometime from June to July, when it gets moved to its own thread for those who don't want BDB (those people probably don't exist, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared). So yeah, give me feedback and if you have tips on how to model more effectively in blender please please please PLEASE shoot me a message. So yeah, one image is how a complete fuselage would look and the second is the different parts in order of Cockpit - Modular Expansion - SM Adapter. 

Reminder, this is my very first moding project, so don't expect anything as beautiful as Cobalt's (and Venom's :P) work right out of the gate.

e05YO6S.png

bPb4GjX.png

The expansion module will probably be a few different parts, depending on how I do things. For instance, science bays could different parts that go into a cargo bay, while a crew module would be completely different.

its stunningly amazing, beautiful, i have rarely ever seen modelling as good as this.

My apologies, I missed a button in the VAB. I can cite no defence save lack of caffeine when I was conducting trials of the Hermes system. I like this mod as it meshes well with SSTU and MOLE and meant no disrespect.

7 hours ago, Sudragon said:

My apologies, I missed a button in the VAB. I can cite no defence save lack of caffeine when I was conducting trials of the Hermes system. I like this mod as it meshes well with SSTU and MOLE and meant no disrespect.

no no no its fine. What was wrong though? I'd like to avoid player confusion in the future.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

no no no its fine. What was wrong though? I'd like to avoid player confusion in the future.

I forgot to disable the decoupler on the SAU. I come burning in, trigger the chute and the experiment flew off. Have you seen how MOLE does parachutes on it's version of the LCM?  it's a side mounted panel.

29 minutes ago, Sudragon said:

I forgot to disable the decoupler on the SAU. I come burning in, trigger the chute and the experiment flew off. Have you seen how MOLE does parachutes on it's version of the LCM?  it's a side mounted panel.

The chute works if you don't decouple that science antenna thing? All this time I thought we had to eva to get the results if we wanted to bring it back.