[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not going to do multiple paint jobs for these parts, though of course I always will distribute the PSDs upon request.

For the stripes, well, I just did them by quickly selecting faces and changing their color. There are no parts that are UV unwrapped or textured yet.

Indeed, the Kane-11 Blok 2 CSM (Kane being pronounced 'Kahn-nay') named after the Hawaiian sun god. :)

8auZQ53.png

And yes, I would like to do Skylab. Is it not on the roadmap..? Yeah, I would like to do Skylab, Spacelab, maybe some other stuff. I don't see too much point in making a large array of parts for Freedom/ISS type stations, especially now that @cxg2827 is actively emulating my art style in CX Aerospace. If you want a Skylab sooner (since I don't have plans to immediately work on it after Saturn/Apollo is done) then @Angel-125's M.O.L.E. almost has a Skylab ready.

I have seen it and I love Angel's stuff. However I like your stuff better first of all. Second my dream of having as few mods as possible that do exactly what I want is slowly coming true. With your pack I have the range of parts I could ever want and more. And with a few quality of life addons I have my dream save file. Also I don't like having multiple packs that have very similar parts it gets confusing. His Gemini stuff is beautiful but I like yours more. 

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not going to do multiple paint jobs for these parts, though of course I always will distribute the PSDs upon request.

For the stripes, well, I just did them by quickly selecting faces and changing their color. There are no parts that are UV unwrapped or textured yet.

Indeed, the Kane-11 Blok 2 CSM (Kane being pronounced 'Kahn-nay') named after the Hawaiian sun god. :)

Wow,that's great, I didn't realise you made the texture files available. You're killing it with these parts awesome job!

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

It's glorious.

@GregroxMun, we need a hype train! :D

As cool as these models are, we don't get Hype Trains for mods.

The%20Majestic%20Digital%20Train%20Set%2

Well actually we do. But it's only a toy train set in the engine sheds.

I really like the S-IVB. It's my favorite Saturn Stage, in fact. And this rendition looks wonderful.

Edited by GregroxMun

7 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

It's glorious.

@GregroxMun, we need a hype train! :D

1 minute ago, GregroxMun said:

As cool as these models are, we don't get Hype Trains for mods.

Well actually we do. But it's only a toy train set in the engine sheds.

Eh, I'll take it!

5 hours ago, drskitts said:

I am not sure how many Philly Cheese stakes $20 will get you but I figure I will help fill the void.  Great work so far.

Wow, thank you! That's probably not too far off from how it will get spent - My job is ending and I probably won't be able to pick up another one when I start classes in a couple weeks. So keeping food on the table until then (when I can get living money from my scholarships) is a bit of, ah, a concern :)

26 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

Wow,that's great, I didn't realise you made the texture files available. You're killing it with these parts awesome job!

Yes - all the source files are available on request. It's just too much to try and keep available/uploaded somewhere at all times.

I was just messing around with the new Apollo parts, and my lander came in a little fast - 300 meters per second or so too fast. it proceeded to spin up in the air and crash several more times before skidding to a halt, undamaged. I think the impact resistance is a bit too high.

3 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

There need to be some tequila bottles mixed in. That's real rocket fuel!

4 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

As I heard Cobalt during the dev it seems that this saturn is propel only with "cheap wine, yes soldat"  - Cuburtdrank 2k16 @CobaltWolf B0_X74-CYAAMW0X.png

I do usually just drink a ton of wine. My mainstay liquor is Black Velvet Premium Canadian Whiskey. Smooth as silk and imported cheap as hell near my original hometown. :wink: However, I was very impressed with Blue Sauza tequila.

38 minutes ago, Abrecan said:

I cant wait! Soon this will become a reality :cool:
~snip~

What else do I need to add for that to become possible?

Got a bunch of contract work today and I've been taking care of that. Gotta pay the bills y'all. I was able to work a little bit here and there when I took breaks to clear my head - I'll see if I can get any more done tonight and then post a screenshot. Highlights include a more finalized mesh for the APS, and some work on the texture for the engine mount. Once those are textured, along with the J2, it becomes just busywork getting the rest of the S-IVB done.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

I do usually just drink a ton of wine. My mainstay liquor is Black Velvet Premium Canadian Whiskey. Smooth as silk and imported cheap as hell near my original hometown. :wink: However, I was very impressed with Blue Sauza tequila.

If you're feeling adventurous, give Kraken dark rum a go. It's my favourite, and I've gone through a lot of rum in my time.

So I got some more progress on X-20 and I'm very happy with how the windows and window frames turned out.

iKoNWTn.png

The back fuselage is still kinda WIP with the texture, I have to change how I did the paneling, but @CobaltWolf gave me some tips on panel modeling, so hopefully the panels on the next screenshot will be very nice and more detailed.