[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Oh wow! The new Centaur is amazing! I didn't realise how much I needed this until I saw it (and I do use the Atlas V quite a lot in my career save, (hoping for the boosters one day too)).

Any chance you may tackle the HTV/H-2 one day? I see that Japanese rockets are a maybe in your roadmap, but it definitely has a unique design if you get bored of ETS things.

2 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Oh wow! The new Centaur is amazing! I didn't realise how much I needed this until I saw it (and I do use the Atlas V quite a lot in my career save, (hoping for the boosters one day too)).

Any chance you may tackle the HTV/H-2 one day? I see that Japanese rockets are a maybe in your roadmap, but it definitely has a unique design if you get bored of ETS things.

BTW Contares has great H2 and HTV (also you can build pretty cool HTV out Tantares parts aswell :P) altough some parts for the H-1 can be nice (I think texture switch would enough in this case..)

8 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

BTW Contares has great H2 and HTV (also you can build pretty cool HTV out Tantares parts aswell :P) altough some parts for the H-1 can be nice (I think texture switch would enough in this case..)

I'm really not much of a fan of Contares's style, and it's a difficultly organised mod to trim.

8 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Phoenix Industries has an HTV and ATV:

Hey everyone! Nov 1st is coming up, so I wanted to take a quick moment to plug my Patreon again! Making things for KSP is pretty much my main (and only) hobby, and on an average night I usually spend 3-4 hours working on BDB content, on top of being a full time college student. Supporting BDB via Patreon helps keep me supplied with vitamin gummies, coffee, and liquor - the three things that BDB runs on, as well as making me feel appreciated. :wink: Additionally, I'm currently saving for upgrades to my computer's RAM, as my current 8gb setup often has to cache to disk when I'm working, slowing me down and causing software crashes. If donating to BDB isn't for you, don't worry! Just know that I expect screenshots on the thread instead. :)

As always, BDB (and my other projects) are completely free. New WIP screenshots are posted to the thread as soon as I feel they are worth showing, and new dev stuff is put up on Github several times a week. This is just to help support what I do.

QcYfNA1.png?1

H4NTrNC.jpg

Also, in an effort to be transparent: Some time ago, I said that donations would be spent on getting Eucl3d 3D prints of the Kane, Sina, and Sarnus V. I wound up having to spend those donations on getting things for my new apartment like dishsoap and paper towels. I don't want to double dip on that front, so I'm seeing if I can swing them with Christmas money.

Also also, my doctor recommended that I start taking vitamin supplements for some health issues I've been having. They're on my mind today :P

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Great to hear :D

Centaur is working great

Though may I bring up an issue. 

Is that from the Github commits I made last night? I re-exported that interstage to correct some smoothing errors that someone noticed. I probably messed up the thrustTransforms; I'll fix them first thing when I get home tonight. :)

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Is that from the Github commits I made last night? I re-exported that interstage to correct some smoothing errors that someone noticed. I probably messed up the thrustTransforms; I'll fix them first thing when I get home tonight. :)

FYI: It's just with the S-IVB Wide interstage. All others are great.

PS: If you wanna get EPIC shots, get Better Time Warp Beta and set to slow-mo physics warp and stage. SO MESMERIZING

EzUUiTN.png

Can I make a few observations?

The Sarnus structural parts are outrageously heavy (7 tons?!?!)--they don't *do* anything right now. Maybe make things a little saner?)

Is a fairing texture that matches (ish) the texture of the Saturn petal adapter possible?

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey everyone! Nov 1st is coming up, so I wanted to take a quick moment to plug my Patreon again! Making things for KSP is pretty much my main (and only) hobby, and on an average night I usually spend 3-4 hours working on BDB content, on top of being a full time college student. Supporting BDB via Patreon helps keep me supplied with vitamin gummies, coffee, and liquor - the three things that BDB runs on, as well as making me feel appreciated. :wink: Additionally, I'm currently saving for upgrades to my computer's RAM, as my current 8gb setup often has to cache to disk when I'm working, slowing me down and causing software crashes. If donating to BDB isn't for you, don't worry! Just know that I expect screenshots on the thread instead. :)

As always, BDB (and my other projects) are completely free. New WIP screenshots are posted to the thread as soon as I feel they are worth showing, and new dev stuff is put up on Github several times a week. This is just to help support what I do.

QcYfNA1.png?1

H4NTrNC.jpg

Also, in an effort to be transparent: Some time ago, I said that donations would be spent on getting Eucl3d 3D prints of the Kane, Sina, and Sarnus V. I wound up having to spend those donations on getting things for my new apartment like dishsoap and paper towels. I don't want to double dip on that front, so I'm seeing if I can swing them with Christmas money.

Also also, my doctor recommended that I start taking vitamin supplements for some health issues I've been having. They're on my mind today :P

I'd donate but am saving up for a PC rebuild. Is your RAM DDR3 or 4? If it's 3 I can send you 8GB later this year, one of my friends is buying my soon-to-be-replaced mobo and processor, but not my RAM.

34 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Can I make a few observations?

The Sarnus structural parts are outrageously heavy (7 tons?!?!)--they don't *do* anything right now. Maybe make things a little saner?)

Is a fairing texture that matches (ish) the texture of the Saturn petal adapter possible?

Saturn initially heavily overperformed (even by our standards) and was whacked around with a barbed wire nerf bat a few too many times. The balance is still a bit in flux.

And a texture using the stock fairing system? Not a chance. Ask squad to make it so their fairing system doesn't mangle the hell outta textures and maybe I'll be able to get one that looks better. :) (on a related note, the texture for the current fairing appears to be off-color and I'm not sure why. I'm pretty sure that the fairing doesn't use a remotely correct shader and I don't think I can change that...)

EDIT: @legoclone09 it's 1866Mhz DDR3. I have two open slots but the way they make RAM sticks these days (with those stupid fat plastic covers) makes me question whether I can fit more in. I had to stagger them in my current PC...

Edited by CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: @legoclone09 it's 1866Mhz DDR3. I have two open slots but the way they make RAM sticks these days (with those stupid fat plastic covers) makes me question whether I can fit more in. I had to stagger them in my current PC...

Your Christmas will be nice. It's a 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz, so not sure if it will fit. Hopefully!

Edited by legoclone09

On other balance issues, the prices of things needs work. While I personally don't use the mod in career mode, I found it odd that the M/F docking port was 1000 while the androgynous port was 300. Surely the inferior model should be the cheaper one. But admittedly, I've not looked at much of the other prices in any real detail.

1 minute ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

On other balance issues, the prices of things needs work. While I personally don't use the mod in career mode, I found it odd that the M/F docking port was 1000 while the androgynous port was 300. Surely the inferior model should be the cheaper one. But admittedly, I've not looked at much of the other prices in any real detail.

@Jso does some miracles with balancing the performance, but since neither of us have much time to play, a lot of tech tree placement and pricing stuff is out of whack. If anyone wanted to make a pull request on Github with some improvements... :) 

Also, some stuff from tonight's noodling session (read: I didn't have anything I actually felt like working on)

MFXg7IQ.png

DigitalShabbyAmethystgemclam-size_restri

Just now, VenomousRequiem said:

:^)

The nose knows, geezer.

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

MFXg7IQ.png

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That's awesome! Hydrolox Aeroplug!

And a heatshield with SpaceX-reminiscent landing legs? I didn't even know I needed this until now!

You're AWESOME Cobalt!

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Saturn initially heavily overperformed (even by our standards) and was whacked around with a barbed wire nerf bat a few too many times. The balance is still a bit in flux.

That's an interesting weapon to reference

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That's really cool and all, but you do realise that with 1960's tech you'd never be able to pack all that extra hydraulic gadgetry into a capsule that was already so snug you could barely sneak a fart without oversharing? A fun thought experiment, though.

Just now, Jack Wolfe said:

That's really cool and all, but you do realise that with 1960's tech you'd never be able to pack all that extra hydraulic gadgetry into a capsule that was already so snug you could barely sneak a fart without oversharing? A fun thought experiment, though.

You're telling me - they're scaled in the Y axis down to like 5% and scale up as they become visible :P Otherwise they clip through the top of the heatshield.