[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, NZ-Banana said:

On CKAN the install didn't automatically install community resource pack as a requirement. Not sure if this is CKAN been funny ot maybe just my own mistake. I thought id let you know either way. (awesome mod btw)

Hrmm, you might have to let the CKAN folks know about that. We don't maintain the metadata. :)

5 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@linuxgurugamer could you fix these CKAN issues please?

@CobaltWolf @VenomousRequiem

I just tried to download the manual you link to on the first page (so I could see what's needed to install this mod), and am getting a 403, meaning that the document is private.

@TheRagingIrishman I will fix the CKAN issue once I can download the manual so I can install it manually first. CKAN updated

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Great.  Could you (or someone) ping me when the release is out, so I can tell CKAN about it,right now CKAN is getting the version info from Spacedock

Sure. Does the version file need to be somewhere specific for CKAN to find it? Right now I have it under plugins with the miniavc.dll file.

12 minutes ago, Jso said:

Sure. Does the version file need to be somewhere specific for CKAN to find it? Right now I have it under plugins with the miniavc.dll file.

Not unless there are .version file(s)  in the other mod directories you have included in the zip.  If that's the case, then just let me know exactly where it is so I can make sure the right one is used.

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not unless there are .version file(s)  in the other mod directories you have included in the zip.  If that's the case, then just let me know exactly where it is so I can make sure the right one is used.

I just checked, there is a .version file in the CRP.  

Personally, I like putting my .version files in the main directory, but it really doesn't matter, at least to CKAN, as long as I know where it is.

On 2/5/2017 at 9:34 AM, BMot360 said:

Is anyone else having a problem with the Prometheus liquid engines and not being able to change the Thrust Limiter whilst in-flight?

Are you still having this issue?

8 hours ago, Bored971 said:

I'm not sure if it's just me but alot of the parts seem kinda low res compared to other mods I use and the stock parts.  Is there a setting I've got wrong somewhere?

Any ones in particular? I'd be glad to look into it. When I started, a lot of the parts were meant to be efficient, at the cost of graphical fidelity. Especially since back then KSP was still 32 bit. The newer stuff like Saturn should be a bit better.

5 hours ago, DarthVader said:

Successfully completed a AAP Manned Venus Flyby!

You have to pay the screenshot tax if you're gonna come on here bragging like that! :)

28 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

300 pages already?
PS:

@tg626 Where do you get those labels? do you add them in post, or is there a mod that adds labels? Either way, I'd like to know - it makes it look all official.

The Historian mod.

27 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

@CobaltWolf

Would it be alright with you if I shared a .cfg file that renamed the BDB parts to their real life counterparts?

We actually already have such a file thanks to @IronCretin. Feel free to check it, suggest fixes for any errors, and/or redistribute it with any of your work. :)

EDIT: Apologies for the continued hiatus on my end, in the meantime, everyone should read Prospero One if they haven't yet. It's a short story by the author of Voyage (which is where the Apollo-derived Ares mission is from) set in the same universe.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050310032846/http://www.cix.co.uk/~sjbradshaw/baxterium/prospero.html

Edited by CobaltWolf

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We actually already have such a file thanks to @IronCretin. Feel free to check it, suggest fixes for any errors, and/or redistribute it with any of your work. :)

EDIT: Apologies for the continued hiatus on my end, in the meantime, everyone should read Prospero One if they haven't yet. It's a short story by the author of Voyage (which is where the Apollo-derived Ares mission is from) set in the same universe.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050310032846/http://www.cix.co.uk/~sjbradshaw/baxterium/prospero.html

Thanks @CobaltWolf!

Also, I remember reading somewhere (though I cannot find it now), that these are usually a little stronger than stock parts and you recommended a 2x scale, is that correct?

2 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Thanks @CobaltWolf!

Also, I remember reading somewhere (though I cannot find it now), that these are usually a little stronger than stock parts and you recommended a 2x scale, is that correct?

All the parts are the same as stock, which means they have similar fuel amounts for given volume, similar ISPs, etc. The problem is, when you scale down, say, Mercury to Kerbal size, and then put it on top of a scaled down Atlas, it has way to much dV. It's not that they're stronger than stock parts, it's that stock lets you get away with way less rocket for a given payload. It becomes obvious when you're using BDB, since you wind up using kerbal-scale versions of real rockets.

So, yes. 2x, 3x, or 3.2x should all be appropriate.

@Jack Wolfe nice!