[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

All the parts are the same as stock, which means they have similar fuel amounts for given volume, similar ISPs, etc. The problem is, when you scale down, say, Mercury to Kerbal size, and then put it on top of a scaled down Atlas, it has way to much dV. It's not that they're stronger than stock parts, it's that stock lets you get away with way less rocket for a given payload. It becomes obvious when you're using BDB, since you wind up using kerbal-scale versions of real rockets.

So, yes. 2x, 3x, or 3.2x should all be appropriate.

@Jack Wolfe nice!

That is what I thought I remember you saying!

That is great news because that means I can use my QuarterRSS without any modifications to launch these beauties!

19 hours ago, tg626 said:

Does it?  

yep its a great mod i'd love to see it used more heavily.

xHcGu02.png

20 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't make the IVAs, so I'm not sure.

if you're not the one making the IVAs could you ask who ever is to keep using ASET props, or it least to make his work files available for download to make it easier for someone to redo them using the props?

1 hour ago, zakkpaz said:

if you're not the one making the IVAs could you ask who ever is to keep using ASET props, or it least to make his work files available for download to make it easier for someone to redo them using the props?

They're apparently clinically depressed right now, which seems to be the natural end result of working on IVAs. But I'll let him know. :)

12 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

yep its a great mod i'd love to see it used more heavily.

WHAT'S a great Mod?  You said the LEM uses ASET, mentioning nothing about any mod - which makes it seem you mean BDB uses ASET, now you say "it's a great mod"...   This is like reading "Why is a mouse when it spins?  Because the faster it spins the fewer!"  >_<

Edited by tg626

Sorry for the double, but a quick update:

Due to my continued hiatus, we've decided that we're going to try and get the Github as stable as possible and push through BDB 1.1.0. This update WILL be save breaking, unfortunately, as the entire tech tree has been rebalanced thanks to @minepagan. The update also has a number of new parts, some new features, and a lot of bugfixes and general adjustments. It WON'T contain Skylab, or the probe stuff I was working on. Apologies for the delay in getting them released. I hope that regular work on content will resume in the next couple weeks, but in the meantime we felt that it was worth it to try and get this stable for the regular players.

As such, I ask anyone that is interested to test the build currently available from the master branch on Github. If you find any issues, please report them either here on the thread, or better yet, by creating an issue listing on Github. I don't have a firm ETA on the release, it could be very soon, it could be another week or so. It really depends on if we find anything that needs to be fixed.

Additionally, if anyone has any parts in the mod that they feel don't hold up to the quality standards of the Porkalike artstyle, please let me know. Once I'm back I'd like to try and do a quick art pass to clean up textures that need work, including possibly increasing the resolution of some textures.

Cheers!

On 2/10/2017 at 1:23 PM, zakkpaz said:

23 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

They're apparently clinically depressed right now, which seems to be the natural end result of working on IVAs. But I'll let him know. :)

I would like to help out on the IVA's, but at this point I don't have the slightest idea where to even start. If someone could point me in the proper direction, I'll blunder off and get to learning.

Regarding the clinical depression aspect: I'm a writer, so depression is just another mood for me. Fortunately there are coping mechanisms-- Kraken_Black_Spiced_rum.png

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Drakenex that is a VERY tiny Challenger module. It should be the same diameter of the S-IVB, or rather, it should be ~4m but since our S-IVB is underscaled, it should be 3.75m. It was meant to go on the rightmost Saturn in this image:

Yup, I know, but the fairing looked so ugly and unrealistic (come on, there was never a fairing so wide and disproportional ) That I resized it to 2.5. May be I'll try it later, I mean, I have to rebuilt the whole station, because of you :rolleyes: kk!

2 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@Drakenex: May I ask where'd you get the Robotic arm and the handholds

Nebula handrails and community ISS Canadarm2

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Due to my continued hiatus, we've decided that we're going to try and get the Github as stable as possible and push through BDB 1.1.0.

thanks for sharing your hard work. i love this mod and cant wait to see what you do in the future

1 hour ago, alpha tech said:

i have a problem with this mod where the parts lock up and act invisible to the mouse to where I cant drag them

Oh, I know that one! Its a stock bug that particularly affects small parts. Try zooming in more and clicking them - you might even have to clip the camera into the part.

1 hour ago, tasty echos said:

thanks for sharing your hard work. i love this mod and cant wait to see what you do in the future

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

Those are awesome! Can @minepagan, @JoseEduardo, and I use them to make icons for our CWPT mod?

I'm just going to go ahead and say yeah.

5 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Yup, I know, but the fairing looked so ugly and unrealistic (come on, there was never a fairing so wide and disproportional ) That I resized it to 2.5. May be I'll try it later, I mean, I have to rebuilt the whole station, because of you :rolleyes: kk!

There actually were a few! Late model Titans used a 5m fairing on a 3m core. Scaling that to Saturn's 6.6m diameter would actually be an 11m fairing, which makes the 10m fairing we went with actually a bit smaller than ratios demonstrated in real flights.

1999422titan4b.jpg

1 minute ago, e of pi said:

There actually were a few! Late model Titans used a 5m fairing on a 3m core. Scaling that to Saturn's 6.6m diameter would actually be an 11m fairing, which makes the 10m fairing we went with actually a bit smaller than ratios demonstrated in real flights.

Do you have a tingling sensation whenever we start talking smack? :P

That's true, but the Titan is a lot longer in both the stack and the fairing, so it looks more proportional.

22 minutes ago, e of pi said:

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Do you have a tingling sensation whenever we start talking smack? :P

That's true, but the Titan is a lot longer in both the stack and the fairing, so it looks more proportional.

Ok, lets see:

zJXO5NK.pngA0CU8p9.png

I don't know, Still doesn't look right to me

Edited by Drakenex