[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 hours ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

In the new dev release the zoid solar panels only get power when they're facing 90° towards the sun and when they face it directly they get no power at all.

Thanks! I'll check it out, sounds like I just forgot to set the orientations properly in Unity.

2 hours ago, NotAgain said:

Should I delete my existing copy of normal BDB when I download the dev release?

16 minutes ago, komodo said:

Probably yes, otherwise madness will occur I suspect.

@CobaltWolf good news is my semester is over til the new year, neutral news is I don't have much time today, but tomorrow is planned for a Ksp marathon. So... A lot of testing. I'll even revert to a vanilla install as well instead of kraken 64x madness for the full experience. Well. With KER and mechjeb. And some other non part mods I'm sure I forget. Mostly vanilla, enough for proper testing. Looking forward to it!

edit, damn auto correct.

editedit, interesting forum auto correct as well... Lol.

Yes, if you're planning on testing, delete your current Bluedog_DB folder.

Let's talk next update. Specifically, Titan. Because I hold you all in absolute disdain, I think I'm going to start with Titan 1. Why? Look at that engine. That's a cool engine.
titan_rocket.m.jpg

So, my plan for Titan 1. 1.875m first stage, 1.5m second stage. I might make a probe core based on the warhea- er, peaceful scientific payload.
270px-Titan_1_ICBM.jpg3weJyiy.png
Tentatively, the list of things I'm planning on doing for the next update (late January or Februrary 2016):

Spoiler

-Things like missing adapters, decouplers, fairing bases
-Titan I/II/III/IV
-Delta II upper stage
-Juno II (1.5m rocket, balanced for 1.25m stuff. Unlocks at Early Rocketry, basically just a shorter 1.25m rocket)
-Continuing to add probe expansion parts as they're finished, such as Ranger core, more new science
-Cameras (I'm feeling it this time I swear)
-Gemini Lander parts
-MOL parts

I probably won't get all that done for the update, but it should give you all an idea of what is coming in the future.

57 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thanks! I'll check it out, sounds like I just forgot to set the orientations properly in Unity.

Yes, if you're planning on testing, delete your current Bluedog_DB folder.

Let's talk next update. Specifically, Titan. Because I hold you all in absolute disdain, I think I'm going to start with Titan 1. Why? Look at that engine. That's a cool engine.
titan_rocket.m.jpg

So, my plan for Titan 1. 1.875m first stage, 1.5m second stage. I might make a probe core based on the warhea- er, peaceful scientific payload.
270px-Titan_1_ICBM.jpg3weJyiy.png
Tentatively, the list of things I'm planning on doing for the next update (late January or Februrary 2016):

Reveal hidden contents

-Things like missing adapters, decouplers, fairing bases
-Titan I/II/III/IV
-Delta II upper stage
-Juno II (1.5m rocket, balanced for 1.25m stuff. Unlocks at Early Rocketry, basically just a shorter 1.25m rocket)
-Continuing to add probe expansion parts as they're finished, such as Ranger core, more new science
-Cameras (I'm feeling it this time I swear)
-Gemini Lander parts
-MOL parts

I probably won't get all that done for the update, but it should give you all an idea of what is coming in the future.

I think he's making the Titan II

Right - bug report. (I'm running 1.0.4, so that may have an effect on the issues).

The new deployable solar panels extend automatically in the VAB. I haven't tested them in flight yet.

Also, the exhaust flame doesn't seem to work for at least the Sandstone engine (probably the others, too).

12 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Right - bug report. (I'm running 1.0.4, so that may have an effect on the issues).

The new deployable solar panels extend automatically in the VAB. I haven't tested them in flight yet.

Also, the exhaust flame doesn't seem to work for at least the Sandstone engine (probably the others, too).

Oh lord, you're not playing with RP are you..? And are you playing with the latest dev release?

ALSO-

dHXXHSH.png

Someone give me some advice on these damned struts. I can't figure out how to do this. >~<

lr87123.jpg

With Hermes LES, if i activate it via staging it decouples itself and flys off. Is that the intent? The thrust vector could use a little offset to the side so it gets out of the way. If I use it for it's intended purpose the capsule goes straight up and falls back down on the pad.

In a vanilla 1.0.5 install the parachute works fine, but in my 1.0.4, 64K, real fuels, real chute, and many other things setup it deploys but doesn't provide any drag. I'm thinking that's it needs a real chute config. Haven't had a chance to tinker with that yet.

The Hermes retro pack is unique. Looks like an srb, but runs on solid fuel + oxidizer, is throttleable, and can be restarted.

Loving this mod. These are some really beautiful rockets.

37 minutes ago, 123nick said:

can i be apart of testing? i mean, theres a good chance ill probably forget, and not send back any feedback after i get the download, but if u remind me ill probably have SOME feedback to send :)

Typically, testing can be done by everyone. Just download the latest dev release and try and break it!

2 hours ago, Jso said:

With Hermes LES, if i activate it via staging it decouples itself and flys off. Is that the intent? The thrust vector could use a little offset to the side so it gets out of the way. If I use it for it's intended purpose the capsule goes straight up and falls back down on the pad.

In a vanilla 1.0.5 install the parachute works fine, but in my 1.0.4, 64K, real fuels, real chute, and many other things setup it deploys but doesn't provide any drag. I'm thinking that's it needs a real chute config. Haven't had a chance to tinker with that yet.

The Hermes retro pack is unique. Looks like an srb, but runs on solid fuel + oxidizer, is throttleable, and can be restarted.

It's the realchutes config for sure. I ended up removing it for realchute lite that FAR comes with, for this issue. I kept running into it a lot :( 

5 hours ago, Jso said:

That is the intended LES behavior for the staging. Staging it is for getting rid of it. Use it as an escape tower by mapping it to the abort action group.

Thank @passinglurker for the retro pack!

25 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Try to add a 1.875M upper stage engine along with a 1.875m upper stage for us Gemini builders.

20 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Silly Davidy. Of course! I'll probably be doing the 1.875m upper stage for your Titan II.

Yeah all of Titan is getting done. As much as I can. I just hate all of you so I'm starting on the one nobody asked for.

Good afternoon, everybody. 

News from the "top-brass", Cobalt won't have his computer today, but he asked me to ask for help.

Could everyone please try out the latest dev release and test the RT support, and what actually has it, as well as telling us what parts don't have TweakScale support? The sooner we know what works the sooner we can get a real release out... So everyone try and break BDB! And if it takes your fancy, feel free to take lots of pretty screenshots and post them, and they'll probably be put in the OP!

Cheers

-VenomousRequiem and CobaltWolf

Update- "Do the solar panels, like, work?"

That's another good question, and a big issues we'd need to know about.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Bug report for the RMA-D-30

The RMA-D-30 consists of 2 nozzles. When firing the engine, one nozzle thrusts backwards, i.e. the correct direction, the other nozzle thrusts forwards (at least the animation does) and my craft enters a wild spin due to the opposing directions of thrust.

Turns out I had an hour to kill today. Thanks a ton to everyone that has helped so far! I have another dev release. I've fixed most of the problems that have been mentioned in the thread, and added Tweakscale and RemoteTech support where applicable. I am still working on the RMA-D-30 issue in the above post. Please keep the reports coming guys, I don't want to have to do a bunch of hotfixes this time! Thanks to everyone that has been downloading the dev builds and helping mean clean up after myself.

EDIT: Also, if anyone has any balance feedback. I don't get to test stuff much so the numbers are mostly off the top of my head.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Missing a NEEDS[TweakScale] in a few places in tweakscale_compatibility.cfg. It's throwing module manager errors. I don't have tweakscale.

The Hermes M-SAM Science Antenna Unit could use an RT config. The LES is working great!

3 hours ago, Jso said:

Missing a NEEDS[TweakScale] in a few places in tweakscale_compatibility.cfg. It's throwing module manager errors. I don't have tweakscale.

The Hermes M-SAM Science Antenna Unit could use an RT config. The LES is working great!

Thank you and thank you. Both issues have been corrected, along with a couple other niggling issues such as Mercury parts tech tree placement.

EDIT: General update, but my current plan is, unless some horrific bug presents itself tonight, I'll be releasing sometime tomorrow morning.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Bluedog Design Bureau v0.08 'Quicksilver' Released!
Get it from KerbalStuff!

Changelog:

Spoiler

0.08 (Quicksilver)
-Added phase 1 of the probe part expansion. New cores, science, utility, propulsion!
-Added parts based on the real life Mercury Spacecraft, donated from PassingLurker's Bloeting mod!
-Added Karrot 2 man pod.
-Atlas V parts were redone entirely. The textures are currently low-res, and will be updated at some point in the future.
-Most of the textures for the launcher parts were redone, to add more detail.
-Real plumes support added, courtesy of VenomousRequiem.
-Added Bluedog Design Bureau as a working agency. I didn't break the game this time, I promise. I think.
-Bloeting Corp is also an agency.

Strange to see over a month of work distilled down to a couple lines of text... anyways, thanks a ton to everyone for helping me polish this update! Also, thanks to @passinglurker for his Bloeting Aerospace Corp parts.