[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hey CobaltWolf -

Could you check out an issue with the Hermes parachute/rcs part? I think the game is using the dimensions of the parachute canopy to determine part size for the engineers report. The report shows the part as 14.6m H x 8.6m W x 8.6m L which kinda kills its usefulness in an early career mode game :)

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

Hey CobaltWolf -

Could you check out an issue with the Hermes parachute/rcs part? I think the game is using the dimensions of the parachute canopy to determine part size for the engineers report. The report shows the part as 14.6m H x 8.6m W x 8.6m L which kinda kills its usefulness in an early career mode game :)

Thanks!

Huh. I've never heard of that.
@NecroBones do you have any insight?

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Huh. I've never heard of that.
@NecroBones do you have any insight?

Huh, new to me too. The only thing I can think of is that KSP honors the "default" saved position of things for purposes of the menu icons, and could be doing the same thing for the engineer's report.

For instance, for things that have animations, such as landing legs and parachutes, the position and size that they were in at the time when exporting from Blender to Unity, is what it tries to use for the VAB menu icons. I usually standardize on grabbing the timeline slider in Blender and placing it where I want things to be for the icon. For the parachutes, I exported from Blender with them in their shrunken/stored size, and animated them in Unity by scaling them upward in the animation. I just verified in-game that my parachutes show up with the stowed size in the engineer report, not the deployed size.

That's the only thing I can think of off-hand. Were the parachute canopies exported to Unity in their deployed size, and then just set to Icon_Hidden so that they don't show in the icons?

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

Huh, new to me too. The only thing I can think of is that KSP honors the "default" saved position of things for purposes of the menu icons, and could be doing the same thing for the engineer's report.

For instance, for things that have animations, such as landing legs and parachutes, the position and size that they were in at the time when exporting from Blender to Unity, is what it tries to use for the VAB menu icons. I usually standardize on grabbing the timeline slider in Blender and placing it where I want things to be for the icon. For the parachutes, I exported from Blender with them in their shrunken/stored size, and animated them in Unity by scaling them upward in the animation. I just verified in-game that my parachutes show up with the stowed size in the engineer report, not the deployed size.

That's the only thing I can think of off-hand. Were the parachute canopies exported to Unity in their deployed size, and then just set to Icon_Hidden so that they don't show in the icons?

Huh. Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it does start in the deployed position.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Also, Venom (playing with Procedural Parts) has sent me this. Wow. I really need to get in on this EVE/Scatterer stuff.

You completely missed the point of that picture. xD

It was for the picture of the Titan II nosecone, the EVE/Scatterer was just a bonus on the eyes.

Edit-

Oh! Here you go. The RP configs for the 6 Titan engines. I put it in here and not a PM because y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ I wanted everyone to have it now so y'all don't have to wait for the next dev release... This only includes the 6 engines, and should be dropped in the GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatability/RealPlumes folder with the other .cfgs.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

3 hours ago, Jso said:

Very nice guys. Any chance of getting the blast openings on the shroud for the second stage engine? I know the Titan II had them. Not sure about the others.

gemini_2.jpg?itok=-V4m6wEN

For extra bonus points make it work just like this ;-) Hot Staging

All Titans after the Titan I had them.

In other words, Titans II to IV.

Yes, there is going to be a unique decoupler for the Titan 1.875m interstage. I say unique because there is already a 1.875m decoupler in the Atlas parts, so we don't strictly need one for compatibility's sake. But we'll have one.

So, while the Titan 1 fuel tanks were one piece, the remaining fuel tanks are split up in various ways, so that you have a variety of sizes for the fuel tanks. That means you have a lot of choice in how long your stages are. Procedural parts are nice but they're not the same as having a lot of nice tanks with bespoke art IMO.

Also, a lot of more or less 'must have' parts are folded into the Titan stuff. For example, the Titan 1 parts include adapter tanks to go from 1.875m>1.5m, and a 1.5m decoupler. Also included will be stuff like a 1.5m fairing base for Titan 1 payloads, a new 1.875m fairing base (and an update to the Centaur fairing base cus right now it makes Venom cry), and some more generic parts we've been missing like the low profile 1.25m fairing base and decoupler.

Current plan is to push through Titan pretty focused, and get a release out once it's done and polished. It's a lot of parts and will keep me busy for the next while, so y'all will prolly be itching for a release by then. After that, I'm not really sure. The Delta upper stage, and more probe/science parts are on my list, as well as getting around to the Gemini stuff (Lander and baby station parts).

16 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@VenomousRequiem: You mind giving a link for the Quicksilver RP?

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

The RP stuff is included in the releases from now on. If you download 0.08a it should include the RP configs in the Compatibility folder.

Yes! But uh... don't use the one I posted for the new Titan engines. I messed up on it. It's got the Titan I running with a hypergolic effect, where the real Titan I ran off of Kerolox...

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yes! But uh... don't use the one I posted for the new Titan engines. I messed up on it. It's got the Titan I running with a hypergolic effect, where the real Titan I ran off of Kerolox...

Ummm... Where is it? Did you post it? Sorry if I'm pestering you. But I really want to make my rockets as real as possible

Awesome work! I finally got around to trying it out after setting up a new 1.05 install but I cannot get the Mod to run. It installs and loads fine; I see the parts in the debug menu, but none of the parts show up in the editors or the Techtree. I tried Sandbox and Career. I haven't really messed with it too much and one of my numerous mods is probably the culprit. If anyone has seen this and knows the fix, let me know.

64-bit Windows hack, if it makes a difference. I will eventually try a clean 32-bit or 64-bit Linux install, right now I want to experiment with the new KSPRC.

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Ummm... Where is it? Did you post it? Sorry if I'm pestering you. But I really want to make my rockets as real as possible

Hehe... don't worry about it. If I didn't want to be pestered I wouldn't bother making content of any kind. :P

Seriously though, you're fine. :3

Here is an updated version of the plumes for the dev stuff, mostly for Cobalt to download them and include them in the next dev update. Corrected plumes, blah blah blah, you're welcome.

1 hour ago, akron said:

Awesome work! I finally got around to trying it out after setting up a new 1.05 install but I cannot get the Mod to run. It installs and loads fine; I see the parts in the debug menu, but none of the parts show up in the editors or the Techtree. I tried Sandbox and Career. I haven't really messed with it too much and one of my numerous mods is probably the culprit. If anyone has seen this and knows the fix, let me know.

64-bit Windows hack, if it makes a difference. I will eventually try a clean 32-bit or 64-bit Linux install, right now I want to experiment with the new KSPRC.

Using the 64bit hack shouldn't make a different for a part mod. What do you mean in the debug menu? I would say reinstall the mod, if that doesn't work try it with a fresh install and no other mods.

In other news, Titan II parts are more or less done. I still need to do the new fairing base but I don't have time to do that tonight. Also, I will be in the middle of the forest the next two days, and then Friday is a 10 hour bus ride back to my University. Since I'd rather make the time productive, start posting pictures of Titan III/IV if you have any particular feelings towards how I should texture the remaining fuel tanks.

EDIT: Also, @VenomousRequiem is in charge for the next 2-3 days, please direct all complaints directly to her doorstep.

Edited by CobaltWolf

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Using the 64bit hack shouldn't make a different for a part mod. What do you mean in the debug menu? I would say reinstall the mod, if that doesn't work try it with a fresh install and no other mods.

What I meant was the in-game Debug Toolbar (ALT-F12). The Configs, Models and texture show up in the database debug so they're loaded I guess :confused:. I can even look at the part configs and they look fine. At first I suspected something was messing up the categories via ModuleManager but that is not the case. I will try a re-install 

50 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@VenomousRequiem, @CobaltWolf: Thanks for the titan II AT LAST (Not angry or impatient just excited)!!! Though does it have proper KSP Name?

Also, Venom was referring to quicksilver. Why not put all the plumes in one pack?

All of the RP configs are included in the BDB download, silly. Now with this latest dev update, the six Titan engines' RP configs are included as well. As long as you have RealPlumes and SmokeScreen installed, they'll have plumes.

Also! Yes. Everything has KSP names. 

Edited by VenomousRequiem

The DEV Pack worked fine. Not sure what the problem was. Thanks! 

Haven't had time yet to try out all the parts, but I went through them in the VAB and they look great! And there are a lot of them! 

Edited by akron