[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Try putting the bottom streak going back and changing the D back to black, that will probably give it some contrast and the streak will lead you back to the front of the logo. In no marketing expert.

I'll play with it some more... One would think I of all people would have some sort of idea of what I'm doing. I've had to take... I believe 4 design classes here at college? But graphic design really isn't my thing. The second someone starts talking about 'form' or 'balance' or whatever I'm completely lost.

I'm going to be doing some work tonight. Reward myself for having to work since 10 this morning. Venom requests I stream it so I suppose I'll throw it up. I'm feeling probe parts. Those are overdue. I'm planning on starting around 9PM EST (or around 40 minutes from this post). Twitch link for those that don't have it.

H̶e̶y̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶!̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶

It's updated RP configs for three engines in the mod that weren't... pluming... right. The Vanguard main engine's verniers work with RP now, the Thor engine's verniers now work with RP correctly, and the Titan I's second stage verniers now work with RP correctly. All credit goes to @Jso who sent me these configs, I just tweaked them a little. Thank you, Jso!

Just throw these in the RealPlumes folder and overwrite when prompted.

Update, don't download anything from that. Download this instead, since I apparently broke the last dev release. Here's a new link.

Edited by VenomousRequiem

12 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I was there for the whole stream, it was gr8 m8.

Stalker.

Next thing to do... Probably try and finish the science parts that have been slow cooking for a while. The new magnetometer, and then finish UV unwrapping the cameras and then moving on to the IR spectrometer / hydrometer. Also, I'm thinking maybe some new RCS. I've been putting ACTs on all my second stages lately and I'd like something a bit more dedicated than putting on the stock linear RCS and scaling it down.

Alternatively I could try and wrap up the last few parts we need for Thor, and finish the Delta K textures (they need some work still). Your guys' call.

EDIT: I might also put some time in for modeling the station part stuff, since I've had a couple requests for that. I'm not in a big rush to put out a full release right now.

Edited by CobaltWolf

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Stalker.

Next thing to do... Probably try and finish the science parts that have been slow cooking for a while. The new magnetometer, and then finish UV unwrapping the cameras and then moving on to the IR spectrometer / hydrometer. Also, I'm thinking maybe some new RCS. I've been putting ACTs on all my second stages lately and I'd like something a bit more dedicated than putting on the stock linear RCS and scaling it down.

Alternatively I could try and wrap up the last few parts we need for Thor, and finish the Delta K textures (they need some work still). Your guys' call.

EDIT: I might also put some time in for modeling the station part stuff, since I've had a couple requests for that. I'm not in a big rush to put out a full release right now.

If my vote counts at all, I'd love to see those slow-cooking science parts get served and garnished. 2nd/Upper stage RCS for dessert sounds good as well.

4 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Why are the titan's core tanks missing their top tank textures, also, why is the titan I missing textures?

TGAs sometimes fail to load on startup. Once I am done messing around with textures I convert to DDS - I usually don't do that for dev releases. Unless it happens every time you start the game, don't worry about it. If it's consistent, reinstall the dev release and check if it keeps happening. If it does then we know we have a problem. :)

So good and bad news, folks. The good news - I'm already done with my 7 hour day for homework, and don't have anything else I can work on today. The bad news - I feel like I might have a migraine coming on. My current plan is to start streaming in a bit, 15-20 minutes from this post, and I'll work until I feel too ill to continue. As stated above, I'll be working on science parts and maybe station parts if I get fed up with UV unwrapping.

8 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

You might try re-installing the mod. Are you using the dev releases or the official release?

Well there is no official release for the Titan parts. Also, stream's up.

Dev release. Cameras are done and in game but don't have full sciencedefs. I'm awful at writing them. If you're interested in writing them please PM me.

EDIT: The first dev release was broken and somehow was missing most of the assets. It is now fixed.

UR5jDo9.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, Jso said:

Has anybody managed to get engines to attach to the Atlas booster fairing in symmetry node rather than individually? I can't seem to do it.

Sorry about those science defs @CobaltWolf, I took a look and my eyes glazed over.

It's needed this added to the .cfg file, to use symmetry:

stackSymmetry = 1

anywhere is good, aside to be out of a "MODULE"

Edited by Araym

10 hours ago, Jso said:

Has anybody managed to get engines to attach to the Atlas booster fairing in symmetry node rather than individually? I can't seem to do it.

Sorry about those science defs @CobaltWolf, I took a look and my eyes glazed over.

I know the feel - I do the same thing.

10 hours ago, davidy12 said:

This was one of the original models from october!!!

Kind of. The camera parts have been planned since September 2015. The mid tier camera was modeled in December and the other two were modeled on stream in January.

I've applied the fix from @Araym, thanks for the tip! Speaking of Atlas, this reskin *needs* to happen:

atlas_rocket_1959_00.jpg

So in terms of the next release, me and Venom have settled on what is going to be included. We're going to finish the Delta II parts (Basically the first stage fuel tank, the RS-27a which is partially modeled already, and the GEM), a couple more Thor parts (actually generic parts but they're getting folded into the Thor texture sheet) and the rest of the science parts that are already modeled (Magnetometer is textured, IR spectrometer and hydrometer need textures). We are NOT putting any more parts in, I've delayed the release long enough :P After that I need to fix some textures that are half baked - specifically the Delta K textures. And then we're go for launch. Cheers everyone!

Edited by CobaltWolf

You should make it an optional texture, I love the look of it, but I also like the regular grey. I know you aren't a fan of more plug-in requirements, but would firespitter do the texture swaps in VAB?

I like the delta k textures, kind of color coded and the red and green look good imho.

3 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

You should make it an optional texture, I love the look of it, but I also like the regular grey. I know you aren't a fan of more plug-in requirements, but would firespitter do the texture swaps in VAB?

I like the delta k textures, kind of color coded and the red and green look good imho.

Bluh... Dependentcies... 

2 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Well then it could be an alternate texture file, like tantares. 

Maybe. I'd like to be able to just add it as a sub folder with the alternate engine fairing (red) and alternate main tank (big black stripes with MUO written on it) that can just be deleted if the player doesn't want it.

40 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I desperately needed this for my Munar Prospector career mode mission.

Post pics. :3 Remember that they're not actual cameras, ie there's no hullcam or anything. They're just science experiments.

EDIT: Also, @VenomousRequiem I was right. There are three main variants of GEM. In your face.

GEM-40 was the main one used on Delta II, it does not have TVC.
GEM-46 is bigger (by 6 inches), meant for the Delta III and has TVC.
GEM-60 was meant for the Delta-IV but we'll throw it in anyways. It's even bigger (60 inches) and comes with and without TVC.

I will probably do all 3 since it won't be much of a difference in textures. Between that, the long tank, and the RS-27a that rounds out Delta II.

... or so I thought. @fs10inator do you have any input on the H series of Japanese rockets? Anything cool about them that's worth including?

Edited by CobaltWolf

21 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

GEM-40 has TVC too. 3 boosters of 9 on D2 have TVC I believe.

And GEM-46 were used on Delta IItoo, in the Heavy version of the rocket.

Just my 2 cents ;)

The GEM 40 was offered with TVC, but the version used on the Delta II didn't use it. The GEM 46 had TVC on the Delta III (3 of 6 ground ignited used it, the other 3 ground ignited boosters and the three air ignited ones used fixed nozzles), but TVC wasn't used on the GEM 46 when it was used on the Delta II Heavy. On the Delta IV, two boosters use TVC and the other two (if used) have fixed nozzles.