[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I'll fiddle with the engine tonight and make it... Not want to flip. If you want. 

Sure. I have a night class so I'm probably not doing any work. My next step would be... I don't know. I can either try and finish the tanks (they need textures, which will go far quicker than the engines) or try and get the Castors done.

EDIT: Oh, also, @Jso do you have any more info on your Agena sizing experiments? I've been thinking that I'd like to switch it over to 0.9375m since we have new 1.25m upper stage parts. I think I'd have to re-export them through Maya etc but that wouldn't be too much work.

Edited by CobaltWolf

11 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

@CobaltWolf If you're revisiting Agena can you make sure the engines fit correctly. Right now the tops of the Agena engines are very slightly smaller than 1.25... it's driving me nuts...

There supposed to be smaller, Foxx. It's so it all fits in the interstage, plus isn't it like that in real life? 

35 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

There supposed to be smaller, Foxx. It's so it all fits in the interstage, plus isn't it like that in real life? 

Err, it's just inconsistent is all, no other engine does this. The engine fairing can be made to fit. If the top (black band) is made the same diameter as the tank then the fairing would just come up to the bottom of the black band. The way it is makes this look like a bug.

64MyWVw.png

17 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Err, it's just inconsistent is all, no other engine does this. The engine fairing can be made to fit. If the top (black band) is made the same diameter as the tank then the fairing would just come up to the bottom of the black band. The way it is makes this look like a bug.

Good thing it's not a bug. ;)

The rim is present on the real Agena.

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Good thing it's not a bug. ;)

The rim is present on the real Agena.

A rim is present but, uhh...

agenaa.jpg

It is a lot smaller than in BDB (note the shadow towards the bottom). I also looks very different. I get that it's "supposed to be there" but then why not make it a part of the engine model? The way it is the engine sticks out like a sore thumb. As much as I know how deliberate you are in modeling, to the casual observer it might look like you forgot what size you were working on...

1 minute ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

A rim is present but, uhh...

It is a lot smaller than in BDB (note the shadow towards the bottom). I also looks very different. I get that it's "supposed to be there" but then why not make it a part of the engine model? The way it is the engine sticks out like a sore thumb. As much as I know how deliberate you are in modeling, to the casual observer it might look like you forgot what size you were working on...

Eh, fair enough. Like you said, since I'm going to have to take another look at Agena, I might as well try and change it. Eventually.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Oh, also, @Jso do you have any more info on your Agena sizing experiments? I've been thinking that I'd like to switch it over to 0.9375m since we have new 1.25m upper stage parts. I think I'd have to re-export them through Maya etc but that wouldn't be too much work.

Agena rescale

That's not save breaking. You'll get a second set of agena parts at 0.9375.

@Jso thanks!

8 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: When can we expect the first test release?

"Eh."

EDIT: To expand a bit more, I've been feeling *really* burnt out. Not really specifically on KSP stuff, though that's definitely the hardest hit part of my life. I've been having an incredibly stressful quarter at school, some minor medical issues, trying to get a job to support myself for the next six months... my schoolwork has been primarily Maya this quarter. So I work in Maya all day, then get done and... have to work in Maya for KSP stuff. Especially when it comes to UV mapping. So development is proceeding one day at a time, like it has for the last couple weeks.

I'm probably not going to stream anymore, except on occasions. It was fun guys but there's no point if I'm only able to find motivation to work for an hour at a time. I'm still following the roadmap. It'll just continue to be slow here for a while, and honestly it might stop altogether for a bit before it picks back up again.

Edited by CobaltWolf

I'm probably not going to stream anymore, except on occasions.

:( *sad trumpet*

1455663666-bob.jpg

Hope you will be fine soon mate, take a brake don't force yourself with that, you have all my support, love.

(The image is supposed to be sad)

Edited by DiscoSlelge

EDIT: To expand a bit more, I've been feeling *really* burnt out. Not really specifically on KSP stuff, though that's definitely the hardest hit part of my life. I've been having an incredibly stressful quarter at school, some minor medical issues, trying to get a job to support myself for the next six months... my schoolwork has been primarily Maya this quarter. So I work in Maya all day, then get done and... have to work in Maya for KSP stuff. Especially when it comes to UV mapping. So development is proceeding one day at a time, like it has for the last couple weeks.

I'm probably not going to stream anymore, except on occasions. It was fun guys but there's no point if I'm only able to find motivation to work for an hour at a time. I'm still following the roadmap. It'll just continue to be slow here for a while, and honestly it might stop altogether for a bit before it picks back up again.

Take a break now and you'll be better off in the end. Don't force yourself to work on KSP modding if you don't have any energy for it, that's a good way to get yourself to hate doing it and completely burn out on the whole thing. Better to take a little break, distance yourself from KSP modding until you can work your real life stuff out and come back when you feel the passion return.

Speaking from experience!

Edited by hoojiwana

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Will he do the unflown variants like the Atlas cards? That'd be exciting.

I don't know.

One issue I come across with Titan stems from the fact that there were single chamber and double chamber LR-87s that were tested, so you'll sometimes see people reporting "Four LR-87s" as a LDC Titan first stage when they mean four combustion chambers in either two pairs or four singles. It can be hard to determine which is which.

The LR-87 and Titan II first stage really formed a very awesome rocket. Together they had a propellant mass fraction of 0.96. The only thing keeping it from being a (very) low payload SSTO was the fact that there was no throttleability to the engine.

Edited by TimothyC

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Jso thanks!

"Eh."

I could never imagine modding alongside my studies - massive respect for shouldering that workload as long as you have :)

Don't burn yourself out, or feel obligated to do this for the sake of it. There's no rush!

20 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Oh, let's do that! I like it! 

Spent ten minute rearranging the parts from the LR-87-2...

kQgxyz6.png

EDIT: I have to go to class now but I'll leave the Titan file open so I can put in the fairings on the first stage engines. Though, I want to point out @Foxxonius Augustus that there's only a fairing needed for the Titan 2 variant, seeing as the Super Juno's Titan 1 stage certainly would have deleted that weird fairing on the engine.

EDIT2: But it's different than the Titan 1 engine... Solution: I'll make the engine fairing a toggleable shroud that is controlled by the top node.

Edited by CobaltWolf