[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

It's closer to the actual size, if not performance of the Agena. We'll worry about the first thing, and the second will come.

Part of the decision came from the fact that there are two new 1.25m upper stages in this update from Juno. That helped push me to make the change to Agena. The other factor was that it scales better with Gemini.

Oh right! I've read you talking about that but forgot. That's awesome, that will fill my 1.25m BDB upper stage gap nicely. Keep up the great work. I've been obsessed with these parts ever since I tried mod you and your partners in crime have made.

Random Question: In Career Mode, what tech Node does your Gem-40 aka "Ruby" solid rocket get unlocked? Can't seem to find it....

1 hour ago, OTmikhail said:

Random Question: In Career Mode, what tech Node does your Gem-40 aka "Ruby" solid rocket get unlocked? Can't seem to find it....

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@CobaltWolf You didn't believe me when I said it wasn't there, now others are having issues. :P

@VenomousRequiem @CobaltWolf I think I found the problem, in the part cfg files there seems to be a discrepancy in the tech node name on the GEM-40 compared to other parts in the Advanced Rocketry Tech Node. Under the "TechRequired =" section of the GEM-40 file it reads "TechRequired = advancedRocketry" whereas other parts in the same tech node (that show up) read "TechRequired = advRocketry" so just changing the "TechRequired =" line in the config file from advancedRocketry to advRocketry fixes the problem.

Confirmed, I edited the line and it now shows up in my Career Mode where it should.

11 hours ago, OTmikhail said:

Oh right! I've read you talking about that but forgot. That's awesome, that will fill my 1.25m BDB upper stage gap nicely. Keep up the great work. I've been obsessed with these parts ever since I tried mod you and your partners in crime have made.

11 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@CobaltWolf You didn't believe me when I said it wasn't there, now others are having issues. :P

10 hours ago, OTmikhail said:

@VenomousRequiem @CobaltWolf I think I found the problem, in the part cfg files there seems to be a discrepancy in the tech node name on the GEM-40 compared to other parts in the Advanced Rocketry Tech Node. Under the "TechRequired =" section of the GEM-40 file it reads "TechRequired = advancedRocketry" whereas other parts in the same tech node (that show up) read "TechRequired = advRocketry" so just changing the "TechRequired =" line in the config file from advancedRocketry to advRocketry fixes the problem.

Confirmed, I edited the line and it now shows up in my Career Mode where it should.

Yeah I looked last night, it was wrong, it's already fixed on my end for the next release. :)

11 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

What will happen to the current Karrot? Will it become a fictional craft or what?

Yes. The Malhena (it needed a real name *DANGIT*) and the associated SM are still going to be around. They'll need parts from the Spica (ie the nose) in order to work.

EDIT: I may have said a bad word.

Also, @komodo @Ravenchant thanks! I'm trying to finish up the stuff for Juno and Diamant and then I'll get a dev release out.

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, I'll get right on that. A trek literally all the way across the US sounds fun anyhow. 

Do it. Just hop from house to house of the users here :P

EDIT: I mean, for example, @Jso lives between you and me. Sure, he lives 20 minutes west of me but that's progress right?

Edited by CobaltWolf

44 minutes ago, NotAgain said:

Would this be single or two-stage?

It's... uh, stage and a half? There are secondary/ascent fuel tanks on either side of the cockpit. It initially feeds from tanks in the squared off structure on the bottom, which also contains the landing legs etc. The only thing that is really clear with it right now is the cockpit. It's probably one of the last things I'll do for the Gemini stuff, since it's so far behind.

Those noodles over at the Tantares thread made me stop my schoolwork and take a look at my fairing bases...

... oh god... I hate having to open my old work because then I have to redo all of it. :P Not sure if I like the rim on 1.25m fairing base, might switch it back.

• 1st image: 1.25m fairing base on left, 1.25m decoupler on right.
  • 2nd image: 0.625m decoupler, fairing, and the Able adapter fairing base
  • 3rd image: 0.9375m fairing base on left, 0.9375m decoupler on right.

1 minute ago, Jso said:

Procedural Parts textures are ready for testing. Only three at the moment, an Able and two Muos. Download link. I'm not sure which ones I might do next. Maybe Centaur. I'm still getting the hang of Gimp.

Belay that Muo work a bit. I'm going to be reworking the aesthetic of it a bit next update - I want to try and play with the texture a bit to make it seem more like metal. Inon is probably getting the same treatment.

I can upload some source PSDs if you'd like, though I don't know if adjustment layers work in GIMP so I'd have to condense them somewhat.

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Belay that Muo work a bit. I'm going to be reworking the aesthetic of it a bit next update - I want to try and play with the texture a bit to make it seem more like metal. Inon is probably getting the same treatment.

I can upload some source PSDs if you'd like, though I don't know if adjustment layers work in GIMP so I'd have to condense them somewhat.

We'll see. I was just using the dds files for alignment and color matching. It's my Monday, off to work :-(

Hey y'all,

Since I've been putting more time into revamps / art adjustments, this is a general call for any parts that y'all feel look, well, bad. Or could use improvements. Any at all that you would like me to take a look at.

Also, if there are any other small parts you'd like me to try and squeeze into the various texture maps. For example there was some space left over on the Juno engines UV map, so I make that little RCS thrust stick that you can put inside the engine shroud of your upper stage engines. Stuff like that. 

EDIT: Oh, also, I am going to split the Redstone fuel tank in two, so that you can get Juno I, and then add on the tank extension to get Mercury-Redstone. Sort of a compromise since I've lost interest in finishing the Redstone rocket parts. It's a really cool, classic rocket, but I want to move on at this point. We might see it again later.

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

10/10, would Ross Bob again.

As for revamps, all I need is that sweet looking Atlas ICBM, from that art you posted a while back, as an alternate texture.

Well considering that Atlas 1 is getting a texture revamp, and Atlas 2 is possibly going to have separate parts...

EDIT: Changing some names so that everything has real names that aren't just acronyms. Will make it easier for Shutes to name the various craft files, as well as possibly simplifying some other things that are in the works.

• "SSR" (Thor parts) are now the "Fenris" series.
  • The Delta 2 engine is now "Darkah".
  • "RMA" (Agena) are now "Belle".
  • "BBR" (Diamant) are now "Rosuette".
  • "PGM" (Redstone) are now "Etoh".

EDIT2: So I had a couple minutes, played with the Thor XL tank's textures. The boattail still needs some work.

z7AEGkt.png

Edited by CobaltWolf