[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

44 minutes ago, Jso said:

Atlas_Agena_D_Cx13_641029_0005.jpg

What ever happened to the smokeless plumes for Realplumes? Did Cobalt veto that idea?

Eh, that involves work... That'd be super sick though.

Anyways, hooray for scary hybrid spacecrafts!

PR3NKEO.png

Everything is so... ugly... Before my laptop fried I had this awesome visual effects mod, and I loved it more than any other of the EVE configs or whatever you call them, but it was on KerbalStuff and didn't have a linked forum thread or mirror to download. On top of that I can't seem to find any that, A: Work(Maybe I'm installing them wrong?), or B: Don't lag my game to hell. Maybe the fact that I'm on Linux now has something to do with it.

5 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Eh, that involves work... That'd be super sick though.

Check your inbox. I sent it to you Feb 18th.

Edit: @CobaltWolf, probes. You've been busy.

Edit 2: The Micro RCS Boom is very cool. Maybe make it a little longer so it fits easier on the Centaur and Delta K. Could you add a separate transform (rcsTransform2) with the vector pointing downwards? I want to try to use it as an ullage motor for real fuels setups. With a separate transform I think we can use the EnableXYZ parameters to keep the ullage vector from firing on rotations and pushing you forward. I think.

Edited by Jso

9 hours ago, Jso said:

Check your inbox. I sent it to you Feb 18th.

Edit: @CobaltWolf, probes. You've been busy.

Edit 2: The Micro RCS Boom is very cool. Maybe make it a little longer so it fits easier on the Centaur and Delta K. Could you add a separate transform (rcsTransform2) with the vector pointing downwards? I want to try to use it as an ullage motor for real fuels setups. With a separate transform I think we can use the EnableXYZ parameters to keep the ullage vector from firing on rotations and pushing you forward. I think.

I didn't veto anything re: removing the smoke. I just forgot.

I took a personal day or two to refresh myself before the last push for finals. Or something.

I can look into doing that for the RCS. I still need to grab your fix for the interstages.

1 minute ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

What database do you use for looking at spacecraft? I need the link, because school and research projects and Mars.

Google Image Search. :) Usually follow the links of the better images and read them. Occasionally look through NTRS documents that people send me.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Google Image Search. :) Usually follow the links of the better images and read them. Occasionally look through NTRS documents that people send me.

No, like there is a whole site that you use, it has like every aspect of missions. Like all of the documents, etc.

Edit: Check out the dev release for the first time... A few things, I thought Daminant was SRB based...Agena is now atleast ~67.49872% weirder... Agena control unit, should it be longer? Since it would impact the length of the agena... You didn't break too much, other than Sandstone, which I don't know why it broke. Other than fairing bases... otherwise good job.

Double Edit: I'm an idiot, you changed the tank or whatever... 

P.S. Still think it should be called Sandstone

P.P.S. Keep up the good work.

P.P.P.S Any openings for streams? They give me inspiration to create craft files...

P.P.P.P.S. Double thanks for the work you are doing.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie

16 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

No, like there is a whole site that you use, it has like every aspect of missions. Like all of the documents, etc.

Edit: Check out the dev release for the first time... A few things, I thought Daminant was SRB based...Agena is now atleast ~67.49872% weirder... Agena control unit, should it be longer? Since it would impact the length of the agena... You didn't break too much, other than Sandstone, which I don't know why it broke. Other than fairing bases... otherwise good job.

Double Edit: I'm an idiot, you changed the tank or whatever... 

P.S. Still think it should be called Sandstone

P.P.S. Keep up the good work.

P.P.P.S Any openings for streams? They give me inspiration to create craft files...

P.P.P.P.S. Double thanks for the work you are doing.

Wikipedia? :P If I need something I just start googling.

Diamant has SRBs for all but it's first stage. Agena is now correctly scaled but is getting another big balance pass. ACU is if anything too long.

Redstone tanks got split.

Streams are still suspended. I sort of stopped enjoying doing them, they stopped being a productive way for me to work, which given the limited time I have to work on KSP stuff anymore isn't good. Now I mostly prefer to work while binging Netflix and skyping with friends. I mean, people here can add me, my skype is on my profile.

I've updated the roadmap to reflect changes in the update plans. I've split the update between the stuff that is basically done (Juno, Diamant, Castor based LV) and the stuff that is either partially modeled or not started at all (Probe expansion work and Gemini stuff). So some time in the next couple weeks I'll be trying to get the stuff that is mostly done cleaned out and released, and y'all can sit back and enjoy that. Then I have to help @VenomousRequiem finished the Europa stuff for @Beale's Blue Streak, and then the next SEP expansion. Then I'll come back and finish all the Gemini stuff (including station parts and lander) and the probe stuff. Then Atlas/Muo redux + expansion, Titan-Barbarian + IUS, and then, uh, something else I guess.

EDIT: Here we see the wild HAPS in it's native habitat...

haps__1.jpg

FxSfv4U.png

.625m upper, 0.9375m lower. There will be a toggleable flat ring on the top node for people who are into that sort of thing.

As far as I can tell, there are only 6 new parts that are left for this update. The HAPS and Super HAPS, Antares and Alcyone SRBs, the Payload Assist Module SRB (I might make both Star 48 ad 37, just rescaling and some minor mesh edits) and the Altair SRB. Hurray!

After that, I need to finish doing touch ups on some of the other parts in the mod. As previously mentioned, I need to replace the tank ends on the structural adapters with a structural texture. I haven't quite figured out how texture sharing works so bear with me. I also need to finish revamping the fairing bases. A number of parts need their textures looked at, including many of the parts that were included in the last update such as Titan and some of the revamped Early Rockets parts. There's also some misc bug fixes that need to be done.

Edited by CobaltWolf

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

haps__1.jpg

FxSfv4U.png

.625m upper, 0.9375m lower. There will be a toggleable flat ring on the top node for people who are into that sort of thing.

Neat. Is that shiny brass top a Hydrazine tank? HAPS is a tough Google search.

22 minutes ago, Jso said:

Neat. Is that shiny brass top a Hydrazine tank? HAPS is a tough Google search.

Yeah pretty much. It's straight hydrazine.

Also, @Jso I started playing with the textures for the earlyRockets parts and they're coming along fairly well.

EDIT: It's just I'm about to present and don't have any of it open.

Edited by CobaltWolf

20 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

haps__1.jpg

FxSfv4U.png

Makes me kind of want to... EXTERMINATE!

dalekprogenitorguardian%20copy.jpg

I'm not really a whovian, but I just thought it resembled it, so I couldn't resist the chance.

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah pretty much. It's straight hydrazine.

Also, @Jso I started playing with the textures for the earlyRockets parts and they're coming along fairly well.

EDIT: It's just I'm about to present and don't have any of it open.

Cool. Higher res textures?

I've been flying Atlas a lot this week looking for flipping issues that were mentioned (probably 10 pages back by now), there's aren't any. That turned into fixing the engines - much better with correct Isp's and a lower thrust sustainer. That turned into adjusting Centaur 'cause it's too heavy or the Atlas engines are way OP. Now I've got a liquid hydrogen/liquid oxygen Centaur config - stock, not real fuels. Less than half the weight, and much more realistic DV's. Interested?

Trivia discovered researching this - Atlas-Agena did not light the sustainer until booster shutdown.

27 minutes ago, Jso said:

Cool. Higher res textures?

I've been flying Atlas a lot this week looking for flipping issues that were mentioned (probably 10 pages back by now), there's aren't any. That turned into fixing the engines - much better with correct Isp's and a lower thrust sustainer. That turned into adjusting Centaur 'cause it's too heavy or the Atlas engines are way OP. Now I've got a liquid hydrogen/liquid oxygen Centaur config - stock, not real fuels. Less than half the weight, and much more realistic DV's. Interested?

Trivia discovered researching this - Atlas-Agena did not light the sustainer until booster shutdown.

It didn't? Huh.

I'll be taking a much deeper look at Atlas for 0.12. If you want to send me the non-hydrolox configs, that'd be cool.

Not higher res but the they were painted in a very blurry style which made them seem lower res than they were. they look a lot better now. I'll hopefully post screenshots when I get home.

55 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Excuse me then what is this?

I was going by this but I can't find anything to corroborate that, other than an obscure mention that it's theoretically possible, so um, nevermind. I guess they never did it.

4 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.

R E K T
E
K
T

@Jso here's some compensation.

EDIT: To clarify: Some changes to the Thor and Brun parts. I need confirmation that I've actually figured out how texture sharing works.

Edited by CobaltWolf