[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf Sorry for lagging behind the latest update but hadn't really had time to work on stuff for a few days.  I noticed that you standardized a lot of the antenna part names in the latest pass and also added 7 new antennas/cores+antennas, so I'm getting the AR config updated and re-balanced.  Should have it to you later today and all the antennas will be functional again in AR.  I think the part name changes only borked 2 or 3 (I didn't keep count tbh).  Anyway, I'm also getting my spreadsheet for doing transmission calculations under AR ported over to Sheets to be able to share it for information and if you've got input on balance issues I'd love to get the feedback since I'm now managing about 8 different MM patches for AR.

BTW...Great job on the new MOL stuff, it is seriously cool!  I'm gonna really enjoy putting it to great and extended use...

5 hours ago, rasta013 said:

@CobaltWolf Sorry for lagging behind the latest update but hadn't really had time to work on stuff for a few days.  I noticed that you standardized a lot of the antenna part names in the latest pass and also added 7 new antennas/cores+antennas, so I'm getting the AR config updated and re-balanced.  Should have it to you later today and all the antennas will be functional again in AR.  I think the part name changes only borked 2 or 3 (I didn't keep count tbh).  Anyway, I'm also getting my spreadsheet for doing transmission calculations under AR ported over to Sheets to be able to share it for information and if you've got input on balance issues I'd love to get the feedback since I'm now managing about 8 different MM patches for AR.

BTW...Great job on the new MOL stuff, it is seriously cool!  I'm gonna really enjoy putting it to great and extended use...

Oh? What version did you make it for originally? 0.10? Thanks so much for keeping that updated!

3 hours ago, Markush100 said:

@CobaltWolf Yes, Converting the file seems to have fixed the issue.

Sweet. It'll be more or less permanently fixed soon. My current goal is to clean up some lingering bugs / issues and then have the release out by Tuesday, then full steam ahead on new stuff.

EDIT: I didn't want to be productive when I first got to work today. I took a look at @Angel-125's setup for MOLE and tried to get my own custom category working in game. Seeing as I'm, well, at work, I haven't tested it. If anyone is bored today and wants to let me know if it's working, I'd appreciate it!

EDIT2: It occurred to me that I wanted to tweak probe balance this update, since they're all sort of the same right now. I've logged an issue on git along with commenting some ideas I had. @komodo and anyone else, let me know if you have thoughts.

Edited by CobaltWolf

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh? What version did you make it for originally? 0.10? Thanks so much for keeping that updated!

Well sort of...I had a kind of hybridly-ugly-patched together from multiple releases-downloaded by individual folders version of something resembling 0.10...:confused:

Nevertheless, I caught it in between you standardizing the names and didn't even notice until the latest release.  All fixed now and here's the update for the name fixes, new antennas and new and improved balance numbers I'm still working on.  I'll be posting the spreadsheet in a couple of days that show all the details on the numbers for every antenna I maintain configs for.  Going to get @akron some configs done for his ProbesPlus! done first so he can include it in the next download.  Then I can get back to fighting Sheets to move my formulas over from Excel (*groan*).

Link to the latest updates

5 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

Well sort of...I had a kind of hybridly-ugly-patched together from multiple releases-downloaded by individual folders version of something resembling 0.10...:confused:

Nevertheless, I caught it in between you standardizing the names and didn't even notice until the latest release.  All fixed now and here's the update for the name fixes, new antennas and new and improved balance numbers I'm still working on.  I'll be posting the spreadsheet in a couple of days that show all the details on the numbers for every antenna I maintain configs for.  Going to get @akron some configs done for his ProbesPlus! done first so he can include it in the next download.  Then I can get back to fighting Sheets to move my formulas over from Excel (*groan*).

Link to the latest updates

Awesome! I'm ploughing through taking care of things for one last release candidate with a bunch of balance tweaks and fixes, I just dropped this in.

Knocked out a bunch of bugs and balance tweaks tonight. I also rescaled the Marquart to be 0.3125m, and added a small small small kick motor to use for the Mercury posigrade motors, and the little kick motor on top of Pioneer 1. Bunch of fixes and balance tweaks courtesy of @Jso and @VenomousRequiem. New IR science defs by @akron. Need to finish a couple more things before I put out the last RC.

@CobaltWolf Are you going to phase out the carrot in just use the Vinci? Or are both going to be part of the pack? I just want to know because I am early days in a new save and I want to make sure that I use the right two kerbal capsule and not have my crafts break in future iterations. 

Just now, sp1989 said:

@CobaltWolf Are you going to phase out the carrot in just use the Vinci? Or are both going to be part of the pack? I just want to know because I am early days in a new save and I want to make sure that I use the right two kerbal capsule and not have my crafts break in future iterations. 

The Karrot is being removed but I accidentally included it in the latest dev builds, I have no idea how it got back on my computer. 

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

The Karrot is being removed but I accidentally included it in the latest dev builds, I have no idea how it got back on my computer. 

The legend lives on! #BringBackKarrot #KarrotsAreGood4U :sticktongue:

Speaking of the Vinci/Gemini, is anybody else having trouble with that ripping apart when the main chute deploys, or am I just really bad at reentry?

Is there any reason to keep the 1.25 Hermes heatshield since it's integrated in the pod now? Maybe a better question would be is putting the ablator on the pod a good idea / future heat model proof.

4 minutes ago, akron said:

The legend lives on! #BringBackKarrot #KarrotsAreGood4U :sticktongue:

#DontWannaUpdateIt #IsItReallyThatPopular

2 minutes ago, Jso said:

Speaking of the Vinci/Gemini, is anybody else having trouble with that ripping apart when the main chute deploys, or am I just really bad at reentry?

Is there any reason to keep the 1.25 Hermes heatshield since it's integrated in the pod now? Maybe a better question would be is putting the ablator on the pod a good idea / future heat model proof.

Never had that happen. Don't know if I've ever recovered the thing though.

And no, the Hermes heatshield should be deprecated..?

8 minutes ago, Jso said:

Nope this happened to me last night. I thought it was a bad re-entry but yes this is exactly what happened to me last night @CobaltWolf its not exactly repeatable because i had two good landings and one bad one. I figured it was stock ksp and a glitch but its interesting some else had the issue. 

Also I like the Karrot too. I just also really appreciate two person capsules. I like them I think they fill a need for orbital manned missions early on that the three man capsules are just too big to accomplish. Also challenge do i bring a scientist along or an engineer if you are using something like Kerbalism. 

One last point for me is that currently I have four Geminiesque capsules right now in my save. Contares, Vinci, Wild Blue MOLEs, and Karrot. So #MOARGEMINICAPSULES!! #makekspgeminiagain

Edited by sp1989

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

#DontWannaUpdateIt #IsItReallyThatPopular

I am fond of it, but I do not speak for the brotherhood. Maybe you'll come back to it after you get done with your other stuff. It's not biggie. I've moved on to using TRAILS just because I could no longer deal with the glitch on the hatch in KSP 1.1.2. Maybe a standalone capsule? If you want to, I'll update it. Might make for a fun project to learn how to do IVAs

Just now, sp1989 said:

Nope this happened to me last night. I thought it was a bad re-entry but yes this is exactly what happened to me last night @CobaltWolf its not exactly repeatable because i had two good landings and one bad one. I figured it was stock ksp and a glitch but its interesting some else had the issue. 

I've had one good landing out of three, and on the one survivable the whole thing stretched apart about 10 meters before snapping back together.

When you re-enter aim for periapsis at around 34-35 km, if you are doing a munar re-entry, aim for 30 ish or even lower. You will be going very fast below 10 km, so prepare yourself. From my experiences, new stock aero will make it hard to slow down because chutes will break due to aero forces, so get those chutes out quick, which is even harder with real chute. 

The perk of having a sparate heatshield is that you can ditch it to lessen the load on the chutes. Hermes for me hits the water at like 9m/s right now.

39 minutes ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

The perk of having a sparate heatshield is that you can ditch it to lessen the load on the chutes. Hermes for me hits the water at like 9m/s right now.

Maybe I should lower the default ablator for the Hermes and the Vinci? Their max ablator load is for extreme use cases.

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Maybe I should lower the default ablator for the Hermes and the Vinci? Their max ablator load is for extreme use cases.

Squad has 200 ablator on a 1.25 heat shield. Hermes only has 100.

@Beale or @CobaltWolf is it possible the collider or whatever can be adjusted so I can click on my luggage stuffed in the back of the service module?

Instead of deorbiting directly from 250 km (where my Agena is) to a 30 km periapsis, I tried deorbiting from 100 km with a 40 km periapsis and the main chute did not rip the craft apart.

surY9jE.png