[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

46 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

What config file do I need to edit to modify the data//science capacity of the science lab? I can't seem to figure it out.

Id like to add a little to the 350 data cap.

GameData\Bluedog_DB\Parts\Gemini\bluedog_MOL_Lab.cfg

(I assume that's still the only lab we have)

3 hours ago, Warsoul said:

Nice job ! Love your textures. If you seek for a modeler ; i work has a freelancer and i can made some models for you has a cheap price.

Or even, MaErDa Corp is seeking for cooperation. If Bluedog Design Bureau want to cooperate with us, let me know.

For buyings cheaps models; i prolly start an new thread to sold basics models for modders on the Dev Section.

Or simply PM me.

Thanks, and I don't take credit for the textures, but I'm glad you like it! Between me and @CobaltWolf we've got more models than we know what to do with. :P

4 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

Is there a preferred method of offering suggestions/constructive criticisms for the mod? I have a few thoughts, but it wouldn't bother me if they never saw the light of day. This mod is that good, IMHO.

Post it here, no joke. Alternately say it in stream chat in cobalt is doing a dev stream.

Just now, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Post it here, no joke. Alternately say it in stream chat in cobalt is doing a dev stream.

I edited my post because I noticed Cobalt saying to check the roadmap and post here. I'll throw my thoughts together and post them later.

48 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

I edited my post because I noticed Cobalt saying to check the roadmap and post here. I'll throw my thoughts together and post them later.

yeah just go ahead and post them. I thrive on feedback, but no promise anything changes. :wink: I have no plans to do IVAs myself, I have several people who expressed interest in doing them or are already working on ones.

EDIT: Wow, that abort sequence really puts some distance between you and the booster. Glad to see your project the last couple days paid off! Thanks again to @Kurld for creating a single part version of his mod for us! If you liked those abort sequences, check out his mod:

Also, on a somewhat similar note, I think y'all should check out this mod for your launch towers. I haven't used it yet but I am curious how the Saturn 1 looks sitting there with them:

Edited by CobaltWolf

36 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

yeah just go ahead and post them. I thrive on feedback, but no promise anything changes. :wink: I have no plans to do IVAs myself, I have several people who expressed interest in doing them or are already working on ones.

I'm a bit of a NASA freak who coincidentally works works about 10 miles from the launch complex @ Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, so I'd naturally love to see some form of other "classic" NASA projects implemented such as:

1. Skylab (Though I can see how that can be mostly done with existing components)
  2. Curiosity and/or any of the Mars rovers launched over the last 20 or so years.
  3. Tweaking of the science lab's default storage capacity (since we can edit the cfg ourselves I wouldn't anticipate much here)
  4. ISS style components would be fun, but given the complexity of the ISS itself, I can see this as having the potential to take a lot of work to implement.
  5. MMU & Micro docking port (Yes, we can move around in space with our EVA packs, but I was thinking more of an MMU with a small amount of inventory space (perhaps double what a Kerbal could carry).

That's all I've got for now....feel free to shoot me down, I freakin' love your mod either way :)
Edited by pheenix99

Just now, pheenix99 said:

I'm a bit of a NASA freak who coincidentally works works about 10 miles from the launch complex @ Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, so I'd naturally love to see some form of other "classic" NASA projects implemented such as:

1. Skylab (Though I can see how that can be mostly done with existing components)
  2. Tweaking of the science lab's default storage capacity (since we can edit the cfg ourselves I wouldn't anticipate much here)
  3. ISS style components would be fun, but given the complexity of the ISS itself, I can see this as having the potential to take a lot of work to implement.
  4. MMU & Micro docking port (Yes, we can move around in space with our EVA packs, but I was thinking more of an MMU with a small amount of inventory space (perhaps double what a Kerbal could carry).

That's all I've got for now....feel free to shoot me down, I freakin' love your mod either way :)

1. Skylab, along with Eyes Turned Skyward's Spacelab, is planned. Since it isn't going to be done 'soon', you might want to check out the awesome (and reconfigurable!) Skylab being made by @Angel-125 for his MOLE mod.

2. I don't think I ever had a chance to test the MOS lab in game. Anyone else have thoughts on it?

3. As cool as doing ISS or even Freedom parts would be, they are already made - and being converted to the same artstyle - in @cxg2827's excellent CX Aerospace.  Alternatively, perhaps check out @benjee10's HabTech.

4. MMU and a little docking port for it have been made by @Pak for his Cormorant Aeronology mod. If you don't care for shuttle stuff, you'll have to ask him how to prune the rest of it out of the mod.

Isn't that exciting? At least half the stuff you wanted is already done! :)

23 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

1. Skylab, along with Eyes Turned Skyward's Spacelab, is planned. Since it isn't going to be done 'soon', you might want to check out the awesome (and reconfigurable!) Skylab being made by @Angel-125 for his MOLE mod.

2. I don't think I ever had a chance to test the MOS lab in game. Anyone else have thoughts on it?

3. As cool as doing ISS or even Freedom parts would be, they are already made - and being converted to the same artstyle - in @cxg2827's excellent CX Aerospace.  Alternatively, perhaps check out @benjee10's HabTech.

4. MMU and a little docking port for it have been made by @Pak for his Cormorant Aeronology mod. If you don't care for shuttle stuff, you'll have to ask him how to prune the rest of it out of the mod.

Isn't that exciting? At least half the stuff you wanted is already done! :)

I'm using the MOS lab now, and with 2x 1-star scienttists and near max data, the science per day is atrocious (.03 maybe). I just edited the config to up the storage capacity, but won't be able to test it until I get home (yay dropbox).

Edited by pheenix99

2 minutes ago, Kurld said:

What about it don't you like? I'm interested in any way I can improve it.

It is stark white. @Jso thinks that the texture isn't loading? I think it just has to have more detail added to it - which I can take care of. At some point. When I'm not furiously texturing S-IVB.

4 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

I'm using the MOS lab now, and with 2x 1-star scienttists and near max data, the science per day is atrocious (.03 maybe). I just edited the config to up the storage capacity, but won't be able to test it until I get home (yay dropbox).

Well it's supposed to be less than the normal one - especially because it's the same # of scientists. If you have some better means of balancing it to be ~50% the power of the stock MPL, let me know.

46 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well it's supposed to be less than the normal one - especially because it's the same # of scientists. If you have some better means of balancing it to be ~50% the power of the stock MPL, let me know.

What is the reasoning behind making it lower power? I like most of the other parts, and your MPL obviously matches in the sense of textures, so I tend to view it more of an aesthetic match that should perform virtually the same. 

Not questioning your judgement, that's just my personal preference.

10 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

What is the reasoning behind making it lower power? I like most of the other parts, and your MPL obviously matches in the sense of textures, so I tend to view it more of an aesthetic match that should perform virtually the same. 

Not questioning your judgement, that's just my personal preference.

Because it is 8.3 cubic meters (1.875m diameter, 3m length) compared to 17.6 cubic meters (2.5m diameter, 3.6m long) for the stock lab. You're barely cramming two guys into the MOS, let alone the equipment. It's a far less efficient layout - but it is more to enable certain early game experiments I have planned that require a lab module.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Because it is 8.3 cubic meters (1.875m diameter, 3m length) compared to 17.6 cubic meters (2.5m diameter, 3.6m long) for the stock lab. You're barely cramming two guys into the MOS, let alone the equipment. It's a far less efficient layout - but it is more to enable certain early game experiments I have planned that require a lab module.

I suppose that the size of the module has increased relevance when one considers the fact that it's in the Gemini folder.....not exactly the pinnacle of miniaturized computing :wink:

3 hours ago, Kurld said:

What about it don't you like? I'm interested in any way I can improve it.

I dont speak for anyone else but me, but I dont like that it exists. I like it when the LES is just the tower and the little nosecone.

1 minute ago, Avalon304 said:

I dont speak for anyone else but me, but I dont like that it exists. I like it when the LES is just the tower and the little nosecone.

That's cool, you're not the only one. The PEBKAC LES mod I made has a version like that.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes, but the stock lab also has seats for 6 kerbals....:-)