[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I just noticed something strange with the Sarnus-HE2J-550 "Dnoces" liquid engine in the 1.2 version of the mod. Basically it uses liquid hydrogen instead of the stock liquid fuel despite that resource not existing within the game nor within this mod, unless I'm missing something. This causes the right-click menu to display NaN and basically breaks the UI for any rockets that uses that specific engine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling various mods to see if that fixes the problem, but it seems to be sepcific to this mod.

Also, some of the Sarnus fuel tanks (the SII-47K for example) only contains oxidiser despite being called "liquid fuel tank". Is this intentional?

Edit: Never mind, I'm just a moron... as Sgt.Shutesie stated, I hadn't installed the community resource pack, I didn't know it was a requirement. :)

Edited by Oddsock

49 minutes ago, Oddsock said:

I just noticed something strange with the Sarnus-HE2J-550 "Dnoces" liquid engine in the 1.2 version of the mod. Basically it uses liquid hydrogen instead of the stock liquid fuel despite that resource not existing within the game nor within this mod, unless I'm missing something. This causes the right-click menu to display NaN and basically breaks the UI for any rockets that uses that specific engine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling various mods to see if that fixes the problem, but it seems to be sepcific to this mod.

Also, some of the Sarnus fuel tanks (the SII-47K for example) only contains oxidiser despite being called "liquid fuel tank". Is this intentional?

You need community resource pack, so you either didn't install it, or @CobaltWolf will have to look into getting the proper version provided in the download. Or its some other third thing.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

A handful of UVs are flipped incorrectly.

Literally unplayable.

Oh god what were you building... better not be putting some disgusting judeo-bolshevik spacecraft on top of my rockets :P

1 hour ago, Oddsock said:

Edit: Never mind, I'm just a moron... as Sgt.Shutesie stated, I hadn't installed the community resource pack, I didn't know it was a requirement. :)

No problem, welcome to the forums!

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

are there plans to do the Advanced Crew Vehicle form ETS?

Nyet.

The Power of Hype!

http://www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Shuttle-skylab-diagram-small.jpg

By the way I think this is the McDonnell-Douglas 1978 version of the Power Expansion Package. I think it's super cool and will be digging through NTRS to find you more source material *cough* *cough* *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*. Tagging @TimothyC as his NTRS Fu is stronger than mine.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

I can't right-click on the fuel tanks to get more information when hovering the mouse over them on the part menu in the VAB. When I place the fuel tanks, right-clicking does nothing. When I try to launch a rocket with said fuel tanks, they're apparently empty. What's going on?

1 hour ago, NoXion said:

I can't right-click on the fuel tanks to get more information when hovering the mouse over them on the part menu in the VAB. When I place the fuel tanks, right-clicking does nothing. When I try to launch a rocket with said fuel tanks, they're apparently empty. What's going on?

Check to make sure you're running all the correct versions of your mods. You have B9partSwitch installed, but not working. It triggers our MM configs for it, which remove all the fuel and such but doesn't properly add it back in. You can go into Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/ and delete the B9partSwitch stuff and everything will fix itself.

@Foxxonius Augustus >>letting a Shuttle dock with my glorious Apollo era parts.

Also, I've prepared a list of all the IVAs that I know of right now, including ones that can't be done yet. If you're interested in working on IVAs, start there. Those of you working on IVAs (@Daelkyr @TaintedLion) it would probably be good to connect and discuss there :)

Just now, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Can't see the pic. Also, the J-2S upgrade is less efficient than the regular J-2. 

Also, the S-IVB IU has less EC than the S-IV (from Saturn I)

It's a video. :wink: The Saturn stuff is in flux right now, we are reevaluating some of our balance since the division of the dV among the stages was incorrect. I'll edit the IU.

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Foxxonius Augustus >>letting a Shuttle dock with my glorious Apollo era parts.

18 minutes ago, Cdw2468 said:

Shuttle > SLS (s*** launch system)

The shuttle is incidental. The Super Cool Power Module is whats important. If you cant ignore it just pretend it's one of @Pak's shuttles... (Shameless plug for Cormorant Aeronology the only truly great stockalike shuttle mod.)

10 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

@CobaltWolf I have a question about the MDA. If we are going to need to use the docking mechanic for the ATM does that mean the MDA will have three designated spots for docking ports?

Yes, which gets us the Spacelab style MDA for free. :)

2adT2vi.png

EDIT: Reminder that the Service Module is still the placeholder one; it needs to get a bespoke texture. And the whole thing needs some serious normal + specular maps before it looks up to snuff.

Edited by CobaltWolf

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes, which gets us the Spacelab style MDA for free. :)

EDIT: Reminder that the Service Module is still the placeholder one; it needs to get a bespoke texture. And the whole thing needs some serious normal + specular maps before it looks up to snuff.

Wow! Awesome! Can't wait for it!

33 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

I know this sounds really lame for asking this but, does anyone want to explain what Eyes Turned Skyward is?

Also the S-IE engine mount description says to "mount two 'Finch' verniers'" but the 'Finch' is the inline version of the 'Crow'.

I have to redo the all the Atlas engines, and the new Finch will be able to gimbal. It would go straight on the bottom rather than on the edges.

and ETS is an alternate history 'timeline' (basically prose, I guess) where NASA decides to use Apollo derived hardware rather than spend a decade (and all their money) developing the shuttle. The various Apollo variants, along with the Saturns and some other stuff are going to be covered in BDB. There's your starting point, click on Chapters to start reading or Media to look at pretty pictures.

http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php?id=timelines:eyes_turned_skyward

@CobaltWolf, since we have the upgrade system and mesh switching on the way, would you consider making low boil-off versions of the S-II & S-IVB tanks? You could balance them the same way Cryogenic Engines does. That, or severley reduce their boil-off rates.

The main reason I'm asking is that certain people (such as me), may want to replicate the Ares mission from Stephen Baxter's Voyage. That would be kind of hard to do, especially in a 3x rescaled system, if all of you LH2 boils off before you get to Duna.

14 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

@CobaltWolf, since we have the upgrade system and mesh switching on the way, would you consider making low boil-off versions of the S-II & S-IVB tanks? You could balance them the same way Cryogenic Engines does. That, or severley reduce their boil-off rates.

The main reason I'm asking is that certain people (such as me), may want to replicate the Ares mission from Stephen Baxter's Voyage. That would be kind of hard to do, especially in a 3x rescaled system, if all of you LH2 boils off before you get to Duna.

You realize their are options already ingame under Bluedog Design Bureau in the game setup options, you can disable it or turn it way way down......

8 minutes ago, Railgunner2160 said:

You realize their are options already ingame under Bluedog Design Bureau in the game setup options, you can disable it or turn it way way down......

All i saw was a button to toggle it, not reduce it :huh:. Since I like using boiloff to balance cryo engines, I turn it on.