[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, akron said:

Very cool. Do you have a larger scale solar system mod installed? Titan III is kinda overkill for a small Mun probe otherwise.

I don't actually, but its always been a neat rocket to me and I needed a quick launcher. It was such overkill though..:wink:

Imgur is probably going to be the easiest way. Just create an account there and upload your pictures to it. Then use the "Direct Link" button to get its URL and put it in the forum's "Insert other media" area. I'll explain in more detail if you need me to.

Just now, Jall said:

Imgur is probably going to be the easiest way. Just create an account there and upload your pictures to it. Then use the "Direct Link" button to get its URL and put it in the forum's "Insert other media" area. I'll explain in more detail if you need me to.

I know how to do that, I wasn't sure how you could post it where I didn't have to use Imgur

42 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

So here's the Block V engine mount, pretty much done... eRJZa5i.png

Also, if anyone has super super pretty screenshots... that OP is overdue for an overhaul. :wink:

I'll upload some of mine...once Imgur starts working again....

9 minutes ago, Hay said:

Saturn C-2:

http://m.imgur.com/a/01dpL

My Saturn C-2 MLV (C-2 w/out S-IV and with 4 Titan strap-ons):

http://m.imgur.com/a/4qEjx

This one can launch the Apollo spacecraft along with the lander to low Minmus orbit.

Is that... is that an S-1E tank for the S-II stage? Yipes! Can't believe you had the TWR for it.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Is that... is that an S-1E tank for the S-II stage? Yipes! Can't believe you had the TWR for it.

For some reason I could switch it to use liquid hydrogen, so it wasn't that heavy. I used the S-IE tank because it had almost the perfect length for the S-II

Just now, Hay said:

For some reason I could switch it to use liquid hydrogen, so it wasn't that heavy. I used the S-IE tank because it had almost the perfect length for the S-II

Well yeah, that's as designed. :) I'm just surprised that the S-I could lift it still. Last I heard it had TWR and dV issues.

Pretty!
unknown.png

Right after stage separation

unknown.png

Orbital insertion

unknown.png

Munar injection burn

unknown.png

Almost in Mun SOI

unknown.png

Munar orbital insertion

unknown.png

LEM undocked from CSM

unknown.png

LEM descent burn

unknown.png

LEM landed on the Mun

unknown.png

One small step for a Kerbal, one giant leap for Kerbalkind

unknown.png

Flag down with Jeb and Bill next to it

unknown.png

Back in the LEM, awaiting liftoff

unknown.png

Liftoff!

unknown.png

Rendevous

unknown.png

Docked

unknown.png

Gooddbye Mun!

unknown.png

Hello Kerbin!

unknown.png

Re-entry!

unknown.png

Fiery re-entry

unknown.png

Pararchutes deployed

unknown.png

Almost at the surface

unknown.png

Landed back on Kerbin!

unknown.png

Edited by legoclone09

16 hours ago, minepagan said:

Yes, those are from the dev version of BDB. They are availible on the Github, however are not compatible with pre-1.2 builds of KSP. However, if you are in a carrer or science save I would not recommend updating, as there have also been some tech tree rebalances which may affect your save. I mean, you *could* try updating, but deleting the "TechTreeRebalance" folder from in the zip.

Thanks! Actually, my "Alternate Apollo" is a sandbox save, and I currently don't have any career or science saves.

EDIT: Issue already. When I open the SLA petals, the whole thing explodes.

Edited by BNSF1995

2 hours ago, BNSF1995 said:

Thanks! Actually, my "Alternate Apollo" is a sandbox save, and I currently don't have any career or science saves.

EDIT: Issue already. When I open the SLA petals, the whole thing explodes.

pics of your craft? It shouldn't do that. (Crazy, I know!)

EDIT: Thanks for all the screenshots everyone!

Edited by CobaltWolf

I did some investigation, and it actually happens when I try decoupling the LM from the SLA. The issue only seems to affect the version for the Saturn IB, and I have no idea why.

It may be because the decoupler force is too much, or the landing legs of the LEM clip through the bottom of the SLA, and bad collision detection is causing the legs to collide with the SLA.

I'll try experimenting further with the LM and SLA.

EDIT: I can now confirm it's caused by the contact sensor probes on the Descent Stage colliding with the SLA.

Edited by BNSF1995

1 hour ago, Hay said:

So I decided to update BDB but now all the BDB fuel tanks are empty! Mono tanks still work though.

Did you make sure to install B9 Partswitch? It is included in the download for a reason...

Also make sure you have Community Resource Pack (also included)

3 hours ago, minepagan said:

Did you make sure to install B9 Partswitch? It is included in the download for a reason...

Also make sure you have Community Resource Pack (also included)

I have both of them installed. The ones that came included with BDB.