[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

20 minutes ago, DJ Reonic said:

I think something is overriding compatibility. The Redstone rocket, for example, had the engine automatically set for Alcohol/LOX, which I believe was done by a config someone made a while back, (however the big Sarnus engines were set to Kerolox, and were not in that set of configs.) When I went to the fuel tank, to set the fuel up, there was no "Show GUI" button. There was, however, a slider thingy with different fuel types (LF/O, LH2/O, MP, etc...) I wonder if it has to do with B9PartSwitch, or Interstellar Fuel Switch, or even Cryo Tanks. I'm going to do a little investigating.

The BDB tanks use B9PartSwitch IIRC

7 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

I think something is overriding compatibility. The Redstone rocket, for example, had the engine automatically set for Alcohol/LOX, which I believe was done by a config someone made a while back, (however the big Sarnus engines were set to Kerolox, and were not in that set of configs.) When I went to the fuel tank, to set the fuel up, there was no "Show GUI" button. There was, however, a slider thingy with different fuel types (LF/O, LH2/O, MP, etc...) I wonder if it has to do with B9PartSwitch, or Interstellar Fuel Switch, or even Cryo Tanks. I'm going to do a little investigating.

I made a real fuels config many many many moons ago but it's so out of date it shouldn't be used. There isn't another one to my knowledge. We need to add some !RealFuels to the B9PartSwitch section to let you use the RealFuels tank switcher.

42 minutes ago, Hay said:

How can I reduce Hydrogen boil off? I tried using radiators but it didn't seem to help.

You can change the rate in settings. There's no active cooling on these tanks, this is 60's/70's technology - it's lightweight thin walled steel. If the tank is in a cargobay or shielded by a fairing the rate will slow down quite a bit. Sort of pretend insulation.

52 minutes ago, Jso said:

I made a real fuels config many many many moons ago but it's so out of date it shouldn't be used. There isn't another one to my knowledge. We need to add some !RealFuels to the B9PartSwitch section to let you use the RealFuels tank switcher.

You can change the rate in settings. There's no active cooling on these tanks, this is 60's/70's technology - it's lightweight thin walled steel. If the tank is in a cargobay or shielded by a fairing the rate will slow down quite a bit. Sort of pretend insulation.

We are gonna have to figure something out (my idea - a deployable system you surface attach in a streamlined mount) to let people store cryogens for extended periods of time. Ares has to happen at some point! :)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We are gonna have to figure something out (my idea - a deployable system you surface attach in a streamlined mount) to let people store cryogens for extended periods of time. Ares has to happen at some point! :)

How about having it be somthing based on the solar panel module, where it is depended on sunlight? I mean, being in the dark wouldn't completely negate boiloff, but that way you can make it so that people can deploy shields, have "insulation," whatever.

How does [ModuleBdbBoiloff] work and how can I use it? Also, what would the easiest way to make additional configurations of a part be? Specifically a fuel tank. I don't want blanket patches, I just want to, one part at a time, be able to right click on the part and select an alternate configuration that switches the part to different resources/mass/etc.

17 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

This theoretical 'tank insulation' could be an upgradeable quality to the tanks... and could be dependent on other forms of heat besides  the sun (like reentry heat, or whatever the hell the thermometer takes its measurements from). but it has to happen. As I have said before, Cryogenics have a range, and there doesn't seem to be a way to increase it - You go out to Jool and can never come home because the fuel resupply cannot reach you in time to give you anything but a metric ass-tonne of oxidiser. And if we cannot get a way to harvest cryogenic fuel. we need a way to store it and increase the range.

Two early xmas presents just popped up on github:

A draft, but fairly complete compatibility config for Snacks!, lightweight as it is. (If there are fellow Snack!-ites, please give it a test if you are so inclined.)

More fun, a compatibility config for Vanguard Technologies: Adds proper ejection seats to Gemini/Leo. (Pull the lever, Kronk!)

Also, I just realized I misspelled compatibility in both commits. **** :P 

Edit to add... Oh, and this little one, which I wasn't going to put in the repo, but in case anyone wanted it... It is a tweakscale adjustment for the small intelligence camera part in @DMagic Orbital Science, adding a 0.938 m size for all of your Agena spying needs.

@PART[dmReconSmall]:AFTER[DMagic]:NEEDS[Scale]
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@scaleFactors = 0.625, 0.938, 1.25, 2.5
		@scaleNames = 0.625m, 0.938m, 1.25m, 2.5m
	}
}

Edited by komodo
Forgot one...

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah, Eucl3d shut down and I never got mine :/ Parents gave me money for them and everything haha

That's a shame. You could probably find someone else to print them though.

8 hours ago, Jall said:

Hey! 7000 more rep and I can be just like Cobalt! :D

You'll get there :wink:

@Hay just saw your edit, that's a neat little station! I'm always glad to see people using those MOS parts, some days I feel the effort was wasted since they wound up being far more time consuming than intended.

EDIT: Was wondering was S-II would look like with SOFI (Spray On Foam Insulation)

94lj34l.png

KUrpkIr.png

MriNhBn.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

You'll get there :wink:

@Hay just saw your edit, that's a neat little station! I'm always glad to see people using those MOS parts, some days I feel the effort was wasted since they wound up being far more time consuming than intended.

EDIT: Was wondering was S-II would look like with SOFI (Spray On Foam Insulation)

You're making me want to throw the Saturns into Blender, make them usable for printing, and hijack the half-million dollar multi-color 3D printer at my dad's work to make rockets.

Edited by legoclone09