[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Random question, and I apologize if this has already been answered. 

I flew a quick mission to the Mun the other day. I landed the LEM and began a quick EVA. When I tried to get my Kerbal back into the LEM I had a lot of trouble. I was given the option to hit [F] to grab the ladder which worked, but then was unable to climb up. I ended up having to enable the jet pack and basically jump up to reach the hatch. Then I had trouble activating the to board. It took me 7 minutes to get back inside. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? I'll try to make a video or post pictures if needed.

Thanks!!!!

Again absolutely love this MOD, one of the very best I have come across.

Kurt

Edited by Kdc86

I have a problem with this mod in combinations with the Real fuels and Real fuels stockalike mod. It seems that the following Sarnus Cryogenic tanks are not listing the resource of the RF mod and I can't access the RF UI from the right click menu of the listed tanks.

Sarnus-SII-47500;

Sarnus-SIVB-11300;

Sarnus-SIV-3200;

Sarnus-SIVC-24960.

Is there a way to make these tanks use the resources provided by RF?

Edited by Pointblank66

48 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

I have a problem with this mod in combinations with the Real fuels and Real fuels stockalike mod. It seems that the following Sarnus Cryogenic tanks are not listing the resource of the RF mod and I can't access the RF UI from the right click menu of the listed tanks.

Sarnus-SII-47500;

Sarnus-SIVB-11300;

Sarnus-SIV-3200;

Sarnus-SIVC-24960.

Is there a way to make these tanks use the resources provided by RF?

I believe going into your Bluedog_DB/compatibility folder and deleting the B9PartSwitch folder will fox it. Let me know if that works?

On 20-1-2018 at 6:16 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I believe going into your Bluedog_DB/compatibility folder and deleting the B9PartSwitch folder will fox it. Let me know if that works?

I did what you suggested but no results, I there is no UI that I can use to change the fuel load. I also noticed there is no Real fuels folder in Bluedog_DB/compatibility. 

On 1/20/2018 at 10:54 AM, Rift_Ryder said:

Hey. Having problems separation the CSM from the LEM while in orbit. Also the LEM won't separate from the fairing base when decoupled. If anybody has advice I'd really appreciate it. Cheers.

Gonna need more info. :wink:

23 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

Somebody should probably update the BDB roadmap doc

Ach, sorry. Some time ago @TimothyC made me a cleaner roadmap which is available here. It should be updated. If there are questions about anything I can provide some reading material but this roadmap still covers... probably damn near a year of content.

13 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

I did what you suggested but no results, I there is no UI that I can use to change the fuel load. I also noticed there is no Real fuels folder in Bluedog_DB/compatibility. 

Alright, that was just a guess I'm afraid. I've been talking to @Jso (co author who does compatibility and balancing) about this. Broadly speaking, providing RO / Real Fuels support is somewhat outside of our area of responsibilities due to the accuracy/rigor required by those mods. As such pretty much any realism mod compatibility would fall under the purview of the authors/communities for those mods. Looking at RealFuels Stockalike's forum thread, they do not list BDB compatibility. :(

On 1/20/2018 at 9:51 AM, Kdc86 said:

Random question, and I apologize if this has already been answered. 

I flew a quick mission to the Mun the other day. I landed the LEM and began a quick EVA. When I tried to get my Kerbal back into the LEM I had a lot of trouble. I was given the option to hit [F] to grab the ladder which worked, but then was unable to climb up. I ended up having to enable the jet pack and basically jump up to reach the hatch. Then I had trouble activating the to board. It took me 7 minutes to get back inside. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? I'll try to make a video or post pictures if needed.

Negative. Colliders for ladders and hatches are pretty much just never something I have been able to figure out, being human and thus not possessing the dark magic which allows SQUAD to somehow make them work consistently.

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alright, that was just a guess I'm afraid. I've been talking to @Jso (co author who does compatibility and balancing) about this. Broadly speaking, providing RO / Real Fuels support is somewhat outside of our area of responsibilities due to the accuracy/rigor required by those mods. As such pretty much any realism mod compatibility would fall under the purview of the authors/communities for those mods. Looking at RealFuels Stockalike's forum thread, they do not list BDB compatibility. :(

That is unfortunate. I have been look looking at al the parts tho but I noticed that a lot of BDB tank parts actually allow me to switch to different fuel types. The only tanks that do not allow this are all the Inon tanks(the Inon Engine Mounting Plate part does allow it frankly enough) and the all the sarnus cryogenic tank parts. The sarnus liquid fuel tanks are fine, they are allowed to switch fuel types.

Not sure what causes the unlisted tanks to change fuel if there is no compatibility according to RealFuels Stockalike.

For now I am using the KW tanks as an alternative tho they do not look the part for the sarnus rockets compared to the intended sarnus tanks :wink:

Edited by Pointblank66

1 hour ago, Pointblank66 said:

That is unfortunate. I have been look looking at al the parts tho but I noticed that a lot of BDB tank parts actually allow me to switch to different fuel types. The only tanks that do not allow this are all the Inon tanks(the Inon Engine Mounting Plate part does allow it frankly enough) and the all the sarnus cryogenic tank parts. The sarnus liquid fuel tanks are fine, they are allowed to switch fuel types.

Not sure what causes the unlisted tanks to change fuel if there is no compatibility according to RealFuels Stockalike.

For now I am using the KW tanks as an alternative tho they do not look the part for the sarnus rockets compared to the intended sarnus tanks :wink:

The mounting plate is significantly older for the Centaur/Inon.  The Centaur Tanks are new as of a version or so ago.   Any compatibility files that are in BDB are likely for the older tanks and have not been updated to the latest build.   I am GUESSING here but back in the day, all the Sarnus/Saturn tanks were LFO only.... (Actually this was before I was actively flying BDB so I should even guess at that except I have been in most of the CFGs and they list a LFO fuel loadout in // comments. )  So again we are likely dealing with Before and After update changes breaking the compatibility file.

Hey sorry about that. So from what I understand the sarnus fairing base is supposed to decouple from the lem without the need for a stack separator or a decoupler. currently it isn't(if I'm being a dult with that please correct me). Also I cant figure out how to get the CSM to decouple from the LEM in orbit while still in the fairing. I've tried stack separators but the keep exploding and my CSM is still stuck to my LEM 

13 minutes ago, Rift_Ryder said:

Hey sorry about that. So from what I understand the sarnus fairing base is supposed to decouple from the lem without the need for a stack separator or a decoupler. currently it isn't(if I'm being a dult with that please correct me). Also I cant figure out how to get the CSM to decouple from the LEM in orbit while still in the fairing. I've tried stack separators but the keep exploding and my CSM is still stuck to my LEM 

The LEM has to be detached manually via the right click menu after you've done the TLI burn and completed transposition and docking. Staging is only intended to open the panels and release the Apollo CSM. The CSM should be attached to the SLA via the hidden node at the top of it's service engine / the base of the nozzle.

Okay so I've got the Lem/ Fairing base part figured out. how do I separate the Lem and CSM during construction so that the Lem isn't perma attached to the CSM (sorry for being such a bother). Edit: I figured it out. lol put a viklun stack seperator in between the CSM and the LEM. Thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Edited by Rift_Ryder

3 hours ago, Rift_Ryder said:

Okay so I've got the Lem/ Fairing base part figured out. how do I separate the Lem and CSM during construction so that the Lem isn't perma attached to the CSM (sorry for being such a bother). Edit: I figured it out. lol put a viklun stack seperator in between the CSM and the LEM. Thanks for taking the time to help me out :)

No... the LEM and CSM should not be connected to each other at launch, and if you're talking about after they have docked, just right click the docking ports and decouple them.

ahh3LjO.png

12 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

There are some RealFuels files in the Extras folder that should fix your issues. Nobody on the team here uses RealFuels so it would probably be best if someone from that community took over maintaining those. The reason you're having trouble with the cryo tanks is RF stockalike doesn't know what to do with our non-stock Lh2/Ox tanks.

6 hours ago, Rift_Ryder said:

Build your CSM and attach the fairing base to it. Then open the fairing base and build the LEM bottom up inside. It's only 4 parts and goes together pretty easy. There should be daylight between the top of the LEM and the CSM engine bell.

Hi, is it possible that you can make an install that just contain the parts for your first picture? The Hokulani Orbital Workshop picture?
I just having a hard time filtering out all the parts I don't need as there is way to many for my need. :)

10 hours ago, Rift_Ryder said:

Do you by chance have the recoupler mod installed? I was having a similar problem and had to tell recoupler to ignore what it thought was a connection 

4 hours ago, MrDontCare said:

Hi, is it possible that you can make an install that just contain the parts for your first picture? The Hokulani Orbital Workshop picture?
I just having a hard time filtering out all the parts I don't need as there is way to many for my need. :)

Sure thing! :) go into Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Parts/ and delete all the folders except Apollo and Skylab. Leave the Saturn folder alone as well if you want to have the launchers.

13 minutes ago, slaintemaith said:

I know you've been bombarded lately it seems, but where/how does one scale up SSRSS?  

I used Sigma Dimensions, I can't remember the specifics past it being 2.5x. I feel I recall needing some extra compatibility files, I think for graphics mods. Can't remember - it was the better part of 4 months ago now.

Edited by CobaltWolf