[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I forgot to post the final dev picture of the E-1... here is the finished engine!

And for those who have not installed the latest Master copy both it and the Inline LR-101 for roll control work AMAZING.     have flown both a Saturn IB with 4 of these in lieu of the H-1s and a Titan with one of these (in a tweakscaled Saturn IE Engine mount) on a Gemini Titan II (don't forget 2 inline LR-101s.)     AWESOME!

3 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Installed latest version from Github, AARDV payload bay not showing up. files in the folder, but no part. This is only on the 1.4.1 version, 1.3.1 it does show up

The mod is not updated for 1.4.1.

4 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Installed latest version from Github, AARDV payload bay not showing up. files in the folder, but no part. This is only on the 1.4.1 version, 1.3.1 it does show up

59 minutes ago, Kablob said:

The mod is not updated for 1.4.1.

As far as we know everything is more or less working fine. At least, nothing game breaking.

5 hours ago, Cdodders said:

You know the drill. Let's see GameData and maybe a log. Are you using anything from Extras?

From 1.4.1 (no expansion):

x5McnJX.png

On my game, the parts all work fine, but the IVAs are blank (The Kane IVA appears to clip with the capsule's top windows)- is this normal, and the Apollo SM engine has a odd emissive

Edited by Barzon Kerman

1 hour ago, Barzon Kerman said:

On my game, the parts all work fine, but the IVAs are blank (The Kane IVA appears to clip with the capsule's top windows)- is this normal, and the Apollo SM engine has a odd emissive

IVAs are pretty time intensive for how much they are used (most people occasionally look at them for eye candy and that's about it), and so most of the parts don't have IVAs, and some of the ones that do are taken from other mods such as the Apollo IVA. I wish we had some dedicated IVA creators but most people seem to back out once they realize what kind of time investment it will be. One of the only parts with a real IVA is the LEM, which was recently made @bcink .

Similarly, I don't really fiddle with the stock FX for engines since we natively support RealPlume and encourage it. It used to be that we would have a lot of community contributors that were able to help with all the config stuff and keep things like our compatibility files updated, but that help seems to have dried up. :(

3 hours ago, Cdodders said:

Tried and no Joy

Well then what does your ksp.log say? The one in the root directory. Ctrl+F and look for AARDV till you find the error message.

1 hour ago, Modding Maniac said:

im begging you please update this for 1.4.1

It works fine. I even marked it as tentatively compatible on Spacedock for the CKAN people, since we haven't identified any (game breaking!) bugs.

I love the MOL (and the general Gemini) stuff. I've not yet bothered updating all my missions to Apollo. The Gemini stuff is a lot cheaper and does most everything. The Gemini program was really interesting and could have become so much more than a steppingstone to Apollo.

45 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

Cobalt is doing one better than Squad!

To be fair, that got a fair bit easier recently.

3 hours ago, captainradish said:

I love the MOL (and the general Gemini) stuff. I've not yet bothered updating all my missions to Apollo. The Gemini stuff is a lot cheaper and does most everything. The Gemini program was really interesting and could have become so much more than a steppingstone to Apollo.

Well Apollo could have been so much more than a few quick tips to the moon as well.  But when people gut your budget, there's only so much you can do.

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

IVAs are pretty time intensive for how much they are used (most people occasionally look at them for eye candy and that's about it), and so most of the parts don't have IVAs, and some of the ones that do are taken from other mods such as the Apollo IVA. I wish we had some dedicated IVA creators but most people seem to back out once they realize what kind of time investment it will be. One of the only parts with a real IVA is the LEM, which was recently made @bcink .

Similarly, I don't really fiddle with the stock FX for engines since we natively support RealPlume and encourage it. It used to be that we would have a lot of community contributors that were able to help with all the config stuff and keep things like our compatibility files updated, but that help seems to have dried up. :(

Well then what does your ksp.log say? The one in the root directory. Ctrl+F and look for AARDV till you find the error message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/asb5mnbwj07juum/output_log.txt?dl=0

Says it needs Connected Living Spaces

42 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No it doesn't. We need the ksp.log that lives right next to the game exe.

Installed Connected Living Spaces. It appeared.

51 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No it doesn't. We need the ksp.log that lives right next to the game exe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91eu5b7d6w2e148/KSP.log?dl=0

2 hours ago, Dutchbook said:

Cobaltwolf,

Could you please be so kind to upload your own DBD Craft Files? The KerbalX hangar in the opening post hasn't been updated in over a year. and is missing a large amount of stuff.

Thanks in advance!

The craft files aren't actually Cobalt's, they were created and maintained by @minepagan, so you'd have to take that up with him. Although yes, the craft files do seem to need an upgrade.

2 hours ago, Dutchbook said:

Could you please be so kind to upload your own DBD Craft Files? The KerbalX hangar in the opening post hasn't been updated in over a year. and is missing a large amount of stuff.

10 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

The craft files aren't actually Cobalt's, they were created and maintained by @minepagan, so you'd have to take that up with him. Although yes, the craft files do seem to need an upgrade.

I've mentioned it in passing, but the level of support BDB has had from previous contributors has waned a bit. I know that @DiscoSlelge and @minepagan are both pretty busy with school, for instance. Me and @Jso have been talking about moving the manual to the wiki on the BDB Github. I don't see why we shouldn't make an effort to start maintaining the craft files. Any requests to start with?

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've mentioned it in passing, but the level of support BDB has had from previous contributors has waned a bit. I know that @DiscoSlelge and @minepagan are both pretty busy with school, for instance. Me and @Jso have been talking about moving the manual to the wiki on the BDB Github. I don't see why we shouldn't make an effort to start maintaining the craft files. Any requests to start with?

If we look at the opening post and the bullet point list of what the BDB contains, it would make most sense to start from the top to the bottom.

By the way, as for the other subject: I’ve noticed the placeholder science descriptions that are currently there for a couple of experiments and I’d be happy to contribute there. For example, I can use the Apollo ALSEP data for a couple of the Mün observations.
Where can I find a list of stuff that needs to be done?