[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

46 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I know you are working on other stuff, But I have an Idea for a part. You know that docking adapter they used on the apollo-soyuz mission? it would be cool to make one of those so we could do an Apollo-Soyuz mission of our own with BDB and Tantares 

I know the parts for making that were a part of Tantares at some point, idk if the have be deprecated though.

20 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I know you are working on other stuff, But I have an Idea for a part. You know that docking adapter they used on the apollo-soyuz mission? it would be cool to make one of those so we could do an Apollo-Soyuz mission of our own with BDB and Tantares 

I will add that Cobaltwolf has stated previously that he has ZERO intention of making such a part (at that time.)   Cobalt is not much into single use parts unless they are VERY important...   The Docking adaptor is a single use component that can be readily constructed with existing parts in game.

21 hours ago, [email protected] said:

21 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I know the parts for making that were a part of Tantares at some point, idk if the have be deprecated though.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

I will add that Cobaltwolf has stated previously that he has ZERO intention of making such a part (at that time.)   Cobalt is not much into single use parts unless they are VERY important...   The Docking adaptor is a single use component that can be readily constructed with existing parts in game.

5 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

@Bealeis committed to do that part

I always said @Beale should do it because my roadmap is longer :P Though I suppose it did launch with the Apollo...

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Cobalt is not much into single use parts unless they are VERY important...

>>Literally just made Burner 2

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I always said @Beale should do it because my roadmap is longer :P Though I suppose it did launch with the Apollo...

>>Literally just made Burner 2

Right... Burner 2 is  Not a Single use part and is quite re-configurable (different SRMs and via a decoupler FURTHER SRMs on the other side if needed.   I can launch an entire myriad of satellites with it :)  It is literally one of the best ways to have control over your kick-stage motor without using up valuable propellant from the Satellite proper.

With ASTP I can... dock with a ship that uses a different docking port type.    There is a SECOND use for the ASTP docking tube....    Adapting a node on Skylab for Soyuz or adapting a node on Mir/Salyut for Apollo on already launched stations....   But as much as I don't like some of the artwork on quite a few of the Stock parts.....   there ARE parts  (Structural tube + tweakscale) that would allow this with a minimum of fuss.  

But as always, you are the one who decides what you do, or do not make, good sir!  I was just re-iterating something you have stated several times previously both in the forums as well as on your Twitch stream.

Hey everyone! So, we started using @JadeOfMaar's awesome new plumes. Right now, the parts are being converted to the plumes using a few blanket MM patches. We need to know what plumes need individualized adjustments to look right. Keep an eye out for parts with more that 5 thrusters on a single part - they're susceptible to bugs that leave one plume scaled wildly different than the others. I've opened a GitHub issue to contain relevant conversation, so please leave your feedback there :)

2 hours ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

Hmm, i get contracts for some **OBSOLETE** dioscuri rockets that i cannot find for the life of me, and a google search brought me to a BDB related thread so i was wondering if its a BDB thing and how i could ensure i dont get that issue anymore?

Hmm, I don't think we've ever run into that. @Jso do you know anything about how the contracts work? If I remember it's that ModuleTestSubject in a lot of part configs. Perhaps another step would be to include a MM patch that removes that module from **OBSOLETE** parts?

I know that Squad deprecated the old parts like the Mk1-2 in stock, maybe check how they did it to make sure we're not missing something.

6 hours ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

Hmm, i get contracts for some **OBSOLETE** dioscuri rockets that i cannot find for the life of me, and a google search brought me to a BDB related thread so i was wondering if its a BDB thing and how i could ensure i dont get that issue anymore?

As a slightly more direct answer the **obselete** parts are hidden in the main editor filters, I have filter extensions and I think if I click my BDB tab they show up at the top of the list if you really want to find them

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey everyone! So, we started using @JadeOfMaar's awesome new plumes. Right now, the parts are being converted to the plumes using a few blanket MM patches. We need to know what plumes need individualized adjustments to look right. Keep an eye out for parts with more that 5 thrusters on a single part - they're susceptible to bugs that leave one plume scaled wildly different than the others. I've opened a GitHub issue to contain relevant conversation, so please leave your feedback there :)

So are the plumes going to be used for the Gemini SMs?    I ask because the Gemini RCS looks pretty good in my most recent download (2 or 3 days ago) but the SM is the old HUGE 2 Dimensional plume.

The mod looks really nice and from my first playing around with it Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan are pretty nice. While playing around with them I encountered some errors/bugs: None of the main Engines have animations and sounds. I currently run KSP 1.4.5.2243 and tried the mod version 1.4.2 via CKAN as well as the 1.4.4 Version from git. Has anyone experienced something similar?

37 minutes ago, Schetefan said:

The mod looks really nice and from my first playing around with it Mercury-Atlas and Gemini-Titan are pretty nice. While playing around with them I encountered some errors/bugs: None of the main Engines have animations and sounds. I currently run KSP 1.4.5.2243 and tried the mod version 1.4.2 via CKAN as well as the 1.4.4 Version from git. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Did you install all dependencies like ModuleManager? Look at page one which mods are needed.

1 hour ago, Schetefan said:

None of the main Engines have animations and sounds.

Assuming SmokeScreen is installed but RealPlume is not:

a. Search your ksp.log for "FOR[RealPlume]" and try to identify the mod related to that line. That's the source of your problem. The fix is to change every instance of FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] to read NEEDS[RealPlume,SmokeScreen] (in the configs, not the log).

b. Post a link you your ksp.log and we can help you with that.

c. Delete the GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatability/RealPlume folder and make the problem go away. You'll have to do this every time you update.

If the above doesn't help we need a log.

1 hour ago, Jso said:

Assuming SmokeScreen is installed but RealPlume is not:

a. Search your ksp.log for "FOR[RealPlume]" and try to identify the mod related to that line. That's the source of your problem. The fix is to change every instance of FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen] to read NEEDS[RealPlume,SmokeScreen] (in the configs, not the log).

b. Post a link you your ksp.log and we can help you with that.

c. Delete the GameData/Bluedog_DB/Compatability/RealPlume folder and make the problem go away. You'll have to do this every time you update.

If the above doesn't help we need a log.

Wait why haven't we just implemented this fix in a? (or have we?)

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wait why haven't we just implemented this fix in a? (or have we?)

Nothing to fix. The missing effects are a symptom. The problem lies elsewhere. I assume anyway. Without a log I'm guessing.

So... Another part that I'm pretty sure is way more exciting for me than it is for all of you. But... Right now there isn't/wasn't a lot of lego possibility for the Scout. At least, only the first stage would ever be 0.9375m since we didn't have a good 0.9375m second stage. I found an old study that looked into how to upgrade the Scout family. Based on that, I cobbled together a new engine using bits from the Scout's texture sheet. It needs a bit more work (though a beta is on the Github now!) but here it is - a 2/3 length Algol with RCS for second stage use. In the study it also talked about converting both first and second stages to gimballing nozzles but I don't have texture space to do that, so RCS like the current inline Castor will have to suffice - yes, part of why I created this part is I knew I could do it without additional texture space usage. Hopefully it gives you a little more choice for making your ultra light launch vehicle families. :)

unknown.png

TKMNugb.png

Well, this cropped up during loading earlier today. I am using the latest version as of, oh, 12 hours ago?

UYYWC7i.png

I kinda ran out of time to finish loading the game and had to kill it via task manager, so I'm running the load again to get the log for you. 

Edited by MaverickSawyer

37 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

so I'm running the load again to get the log for you.

ModuleManager.ConfigCache too. Or just a snippet showing one of those parts would suffice.

The patches in Compatability/WildBlueIndustries trigger those resources.

28 minutes ago, Jso said:

ModuleManager.ConfigCache too. Or just a snippet showing one of those parts would suffice.

The patches in Compatability/WildBlueIndustries trigger those resources.

Welp, after more than an hour, it appears that I've managed to overload my computer and crashed KSP. Too much awesomeness installed, I suspect, and therefore time to prune back my install. :/

But, there is a log that I've looked through and found this showing up for the affected parts:

[ERR 22:24:56.646] [ERROR] [Part bluedog.Agena.ResupplyContainer] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'cargoSwitch'] Duplicate subtype names detected: System.String[]

That's just a typical one of the errors being thrown.

10 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Too much awesomeness installed

Did you maybe do something stupid when you updated, like put Gamedata inside Gamedata, or Bluedog_DB inside Bluedog_DB. Something that would leave you with two copies of BDB. Really need a full log to do more than guess.