[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Testing out new MOL stuff, had a lot of fun trying to build a cool looking camera thing inside the cargo bay which is still is very handy part!

What are you using for the camera? Couldn't quite make it out. Or is it cLaSsiFieD ? :P 

Got a successful launch of the USRM-based EELV today:
screenshot40.png

The rocket worked really nicely, though the payload was much too light (and wasn't going to a high orbit, being an interplanetary probe), so the Centaur ended up being used for corrections only.

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

What are you using for the camera? Couldn't quite make it out. Or is it cLaSsiFieD ? :P 

For your eyes only agent Zorg.

Spoiler

It’s the skylab attachement point rotated at 180• . The gray cylinder is now back and a sort of tube is out, this is the « camera » trick ;) 

Edited by DiscoSlelge

17 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Testing out new MOL stuff, had a lot of fun trying to build a cool looking camera thing inside the cargo bay which is still is very handy part!

Those are simply incredible! Makes me want to finish the cargo bay part. :)

I too was building stations last night... Unfortunately I crashed litterally in the flight of my Gemini Cargo transport testing the new rear docking port...   The Gemini capsule DID however survive the crash (luck I I have no clue how it ended up crashed on the ground with no nose, no parachute no RCS and no heatshield... I was literally asleep at the keyboard.

But anyway here are my pics:

First my version of the Saturn Wet Workshop.... Using the Saturn S-III stage(1960) ERrr sorry the S-IVC engine mount and tank as a booster stage....  

RG7qRmi.jpg

MOL 1.875m Docking ports between the wetlab proper and the S-IVC booster.  And a Probe on the end of the Skylab Docking system allows:

f6peEjL.jpg

2U0T0nY.jpg

VIjMCa9.jpg

And 1) yes I did re-install Integrated Phoenix Industries Mod parts for that Big G SM.   And YES you can see why I HATE the colider on the APAS docking ports.   You have to plan in advance and can't be wrong.

Oh and I didn't get a good shot of it but Right below the Wetlab on the vertical portion is a Agena/Gemini low profile docking port....  I took the Airlock module and spun it (with a tweakscaled battery underneath it to fit in the cargo module.   And I surface attached the Low profile Docking port to the Airlock back... Sure I don't have Access to the Airlock but it was a convinent part to do this with.   You can see the Unpressurized cargo module is open below the Skylab in the last shot.

@CobaltWolf Thanks for fixing the MOL RCS as quickly as you did.  The Vertical component you see was my test to verify functionality.....

ERR oops I DID get a couple good shots of the LP Agena Docking port + Airlock/battery in the cargo bay:

IwiH2bB.jpg

iMIgPX7.jpg

Edited by Pappystein
added closeup of Agena LP Docking port on station

46 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

what do you mean no affect on gameplay this error literally incapacitates b9partswitch

No B9PS switchers work when you try to use them in the VAB or SPH?

Edited by DeltaDizzy

36 minutes ago, TheKSPBeginner said:

what do you mean no affect on gameplay this error literally incapacitates b9partswitch

Since no one else is having any issues with B9PS and BDB except the warning from the old Titan parts...   A warning  that does not effect game play.....

Download the latest B9PartSwitch from https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch/releases/tag/v2.10.0

Delete your old B9PartSwitch folder first.   Copy the contents of the B9PS zip into your gamedata folder.

If the issue still persists and you have the latest of everything else BDB includes (Community REsource kit being the other big one)   Then the issue is likely a different mod.  As I stated a lot of us are running BDB just fine in 1.7.3 with no issue other than the warning.

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Progress on proper MOL cargo bay after @DiscoSlelge's pictures gave me inspiration.

It will default to be open on each end with toggleable endcaps on top and bottom of each. So it can be stacked and split as needed.

Awesome ! I’m glad to see this cargo bay with a fresh haircut and harmonized with the new mol look. 

Now we have a lot of space inside for ... space tourism :D 

Edited by DiscoSlelge

6 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Awesome ! I’m glad to see this cargo bay with a fresh haircut and harmonized with the new mol look. 

Now we have a lot of space inside for ... space tourism :D 

Yeah it'll be nice. :) I am going out of town from tomorrow to Tuesday so no stream this weekend. I also have D&D tonight... but I'll see if I can sneak time to try to finish this and the stuff from earlier this week so people have at least a couple more new things to play with while I'm gone? :) 

friznit: hey CobaltWolf, what's the use case for the Konan 3.75m adapter in BDB Dev?
CobaltWolf: I just get poodleed at a lot for not including enough adapters
friznit: I'll post an epic Saturn Konan Centaur rocket on the forum just for you
CobaltWolf: lol, pls

Saturn II INT-19 LDC-2 Centaur GT IUS

DQUUjVU.png

eOoE1HY.png

44FRq40.png

cAodhGg.png

2 hours ago, Friznit said:

Juno V-A would have used a Saturn 1 first stage with a whole Titan 1 ICBM.  Bonkers.  I found a picture so had to make one.

BBT56wA.png

Actually as you can tell....  None of the Saturn parts are in common.  Just the concept of how to build the Saturn parts is intact in this early design.  The J-I stage (for lack of a better term) would have been about 20% shorter (to be able to lift the Heavier Titan I/Titan II (depending on date of conversation)

None the less a nice bit of KSP building and Camera work.    The Real Question....  How did your version fly and what kind of payload did you loft?

20 hours ago, Pappystein said:

err  Pathfinder 2.0 FTW!

Enjoy your weekend man.   If you get time for more parts cool..   If not.... well Cool as well! 

I unfortunately did not have time to get stuff in game. My head just wasn't in it and then the pre-session "trying to remember what our plan was" started early. I did get some modeling work done on the new docking systems, since I could sneak bits and pieces of that in while still paying attention to the other characters and the GM. I'm going to bring my laptop on the trip, if I have an hour here or there I'll try and get stuff prepped and I should be able to get a lot of stuff in game next week. :)

4sJjYta.png
MSVRoij.png
GsvQOhQ.png
MfTNCZJ.png

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I unfortunately did not have time to get stuff in game. My head just wasn't in it and then the pre-session "trying to remember what our plan was" started early. I did get some modeling work done on the new docking systems, since I could sneak bits and pieces of that in while still paying attention to the other characters and the GM. I'm going to bring my laptop on the trip, if I have an hour here or there I'll try and get stuff prepped and I should be able to get a lot of stuff in game next week. :)

MSVRoij.png
GsvQOhQ.png

Pshaw.   I Understand the "I don't remember what we were doing next."   As the GM I have either A) the most fun with it or B) the most frustration with that aspect.  

A few points on this set of models:     And I know some of these questions are FAR future so feel free not to answer any you don't want to.

• I assume this is what you were going for with the original MOL docking ports?
  • Is that a LOCK that will be animated across the ring in the lower picture?  
  • Is there a plan to evolve this docking port to "later" standards?   IE would it be future proof for station building or will a "replacement" come along?  
  • Is there a thought to integrating this with a future Skylab/SpaceLab part (IE making parts for Spacelab/Skylab that can use this part)
  • Will this system be directionally unlocked (can I join the correct pair of gendered ports at any angle in relation to each other?)
  • I know the photos are semi-early in the dev cycle.   Might I suggest using the admittedly poor metal reflection on the Ring it self and the part of the grasper claw that would commonly contact the ring ((the base of the fork at and below the ring INSIDE the grasper.)   Cuz no paint is going to last in those areas.  It is a small enough area that the reflection system wouldn't be too ugly and it would allow you to maybe have fun with painting the ring (Painted with places where the paint has been rubbed off by the forks?   IDK just an idea
  • Last comment:   I like the over all look of the models.  I can't wait to see how you paint em up and I can't wait to build YET ANOTHER MOL station in orbit :P.
  •  

Edited by Pappystein
cleaned up grammar issue

On 8/30/2019 at 6:47 AM, Friznit said:

Juno V-A would have used a Saturn 1 first stage with a whole Titan 1 ICBM.  Bonkers.  I found a picture so had to make one.
~awesome pic snip~

I love it! I actually pitched Juno-V ages ago to help get the juices flowing for the original Saturn dev and it was the first thing I built when the Saturn parts first came out. The new Titan parts make it look even better!

This was the mock up I made even before the LR-87s had bottom nodes. (And before we had proper Saturn parts ;) )

l65TZSE.png

(Plz forgive old parts Cobalt)

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus