[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure what you mean about the load supports - are you referring to the ones used in the Atlas V 5xx? In which case, no, unless @Zorg wants to add them to the SAF PLF model.

We could do, but might be better to do it like the new insulation panels so they can be staged just after the fairing separates.

18 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

Can confirm.

My only issue is getting the MV-4 "Zufar" Film Camera to work.

But, that probably has more to do with a chair-keyboard interface problem. :cool:

Can anyone clue me in on how the MV-4 "Zufar" Film Camera supposed to work. 

It should just work like every other Kerbalism experiment, it has a patch. bd_camera becomes a 1.5 hour experiment. Zufar, Cassevid and Eastkan cameras should have this experiment as well and if you have Coatl the Mk4 camera should have it as well. Could probably poke the devs to change it into a sample based experiment with the higher tier cameras having more sample capacity. 

The current Kerbalism science patches are missing the following things from BDB1.7 (not like they should be supported yet, BDB 1.7 is in dev)

- Dealing with Geiger Counters - while all the probe cores do get access to Kerbalisms unmanned experiments and thus their geiger counter only the deprecated Explorer 1 probe is patched specifically with the Kerbalism Geiger Counter

- Hard Drives - All the new probe cores need their own Hard Drive defs especially later probes.

- Lab patches are outdated

- The following experiments are undefined aka use stock science: 

bd_weather,  bd_bioexp,  bd_ionelec,  bd_mapping,  bd_gamma,  bd_IRradiometer,  bd_microwaveSpec, bd_Photometer,  bd_radarAltimeter, bd_solarWind, bd_solarWind, bd_TVcamera(Is there a BDB part that uses this?), bd_UVScope and bd_XrayImging. 

I have a Kerbalism config for BDB 1.7 if you want it but needs some serious balancing to balance out EC rates especially - Science values are balanced against the value of similar experiments in other support configs and the Xray/UV Telescopes are balanced against Kerbalisms stock IR Telescope. 

It also has weather support for 100 years - I quite like the idea of a bunch of Tiros Satellites generating a minuscule amount of science every day. 

Edited by Bellabong

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

A small note on the tank, but I don't know how a D-1T is going to be built. I haven't looked into it or spoken with @Jso to determine whether the insulation can merely be switched off - perhaps they can chime in. Otherwise that will need to be a separate part

The insulation can be toggled off in the VAB for the D-1T. That wasn't working before but it should be ok now.

1 hour ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

I would definitely love to see some bases, those from For All Mankind and maybe some that were planned IRL?

6 hours ago, derega16 said:

Honestly for lander, I want Apollo Direct or Gemini Direct than James town or extended LEM

6 hours ago, Machinique said:

I think that bases/landers based off the LEM and the Apollo Applications Project would come before Jamestown.

Well apollo stuff is still very far away , so in the mean time let' s enjoy cobalt' s lovely work on the centaur revamp

54 minutes ago, golkaidakhaana said:

Well apollo stuff is still very far away , so in the mean time let' s enjoy cobalt' s lovely work on the centaur revamp

You may know what you want, but to get what you need, better see that you keep what you have.

On 8/3/2020 at 1:49 AM, Zorg said:

No to both. Unfortunately the mod authors only have the time and motivation to maintain patches for the mods we ourselves use. Everything else comes from our user community. We would always appreciate pull requests to update or add those configs. We've had a couple of declarations of intent from people to write those but so far we haven't had a pull request for either.

I wouldn't mind cracking a shot at making it compatible with RemoteTech I've just never done it before. I'm assuming its configuration based which should probably be easier than other coding related things.

Is there a discord or something alike to help with any issues I may run into?

5 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

I just dl'd an old craft file and can't load it because of missing parts.

What replaces these parts:

bluedog_Titan1_15mDecoupler

bluedog_LR7_mod2

These are old Titan parts that were deprecated in 1.6. They are still present, but hidden (only in 1.6, they are deleted in 1.7). You can try to load your craft in sandbox mode and replace them with the new ones.

11 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

I just dl'd an old craft file and can't load it because of missing parts.

What replaces these parts:

bluedog_Titan1_15mDecoupler

bluedog_LR7_mod2

These parts were completely removed in BDB v1.6.3. They have been obsolete for a long time a year and their textures replaced with "rusty" crushed textures since BDB 1.6.0.

If you need Titan craft files please check the ones included in the download or here: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/master/Craft Files 

They are the relevant ones for the titan parts in the current official release.

My suggestions for future releases:

Probes:

Mariner 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10

Pioneer 10, 11, 12, 13

Voyager 1, 2

Galileo

Cassini

Rockets:

Delta IV (with compatible fairing for 1.10.0 plz)

Also plz fix fairings for the rest.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:59 AM, Danny88 said:

They are made to work in 1.10.1, unfortunately they do not work in 1.10.0 or 1.9.X

Well sh-

I will make new parts then

11 minutes ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

My suggestions for future releases:

Probes:

Mariner 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 --> for Mariner up to Mariner 7 you can use BDB

Pioneer 10, 11, 12, 13 --> for Pioneer 10 + 11 use Probes Plus by @akron

Voyager 1, 2 --> use Probes Plus by @akron

Galileo --> there is a Galileo in US-Probes by @raidernick

Cassini --> use Probes Plus by @akron

Rockets:

Delta IV (with compatible fairing for 1.10.0 plz) -->    Cobaltwolf said it often enough: no DeltaIV. But it is easy to build one with BDB, Cryogenic engines and reDirect (and sometimes TweakScale). There is no need for extra parts.

Also plz fix fairings for the rest.

Well sh-

I will make new parts then