[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

39 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

God, the anticipation for the Kane (Apollo) update is killing me

Out of curiosity, will the release version of 1.9 of BDB be released with all the AAP stuff+the Real Apollo-Saturn configs?

As currently planned BDB 1.9 will be Invaders collection of various probes which are currently entering the github master branch. BDB 1.10 will hopefully be the initial Saturn, Apollo and Skylab parts mostly the core historical parts followed by more updates with the alt historical stuff.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:43 AM, pTrevTrevs said:

Man I can’t wait for a proper Pegasus.

This post made by Gang Saturn

I think I volunteered to make Pegasus at some point after I finish my probes? If not me I’m sure someone will do it.

On 7/29/2021 at 2:36 AM, Beccab said:

Those very long solar panels with an integrated micrometeor detector as well as the odd lateral solar panels would be amazing!

A common misconception about Pegasus (at least from my memory) is that those gigantic panels are not solar panels at all, and are solely micrometeorite impact detection panels. Those lateral solar panels are the only solar panels aboard Pegasus. I have toyed with the idea of making a variant of the panels that have solar cells instead of impact detectors (if I’m the one that ends up doing Pegasus) but that mostly depends on how much texture space is available. 

Edited by Invaderchaos

Any chance we could get the inline conical faring used on Agena for Multigroup and some POPPY launches (I assume it would just be like a 0.9375 Strawman faring), and/or a texture variant of the Agena D without the ring at the top? 

thor-slv2a_agena-d__hf-c-2__1.jpg

47 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Any chance we could get the inline conical faring used on Agena for Multigroup and some POPPY launches (I assume it would just be like a 0.9375 Strawman faring), and/or a texture variant of the Agena D without the ring at the top? 

thor-slv2a_agena-d__hf-c-2__1.jpg

From memory, I believe that pic is of one of the later SAMOS spacecraft? But it is a separate fairing  from Strawman and Poppy, as those fairings have a profile of 1.25m and SAMOS’ is 0.9375m. Additionally, I believe with this specific incarnation of SAMOS, much of fairing is actually part of the reentry vehicle and not just a fairing. I did consider doing SAMOS in the past, maybe that will be a future project, although I think that’s pretty unlikely.

12 hours ago, Zorg said:

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-01_16-46-04.png?width=1500&height=844

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-01_16-46-18.png?width=1500&height=844

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-01_22-08-07.png?width=1500&height=844

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-01_22-43-55.png?width=1500&height=844

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-01_23-28-50.png?width=1500&height=844

Um,  I really REALLY hope you didn't take my comment about the WIP pictures as un-textured.... as some sort of challenge to be beaten down....  Where is the delete post from two days ago button?   :D

VERY NICE Zorg!    mouth-watering... edge of my seat nice.

Edited by Pappystein

2 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Will the major ETS parts such as the S-1E/S-1F tankage, Apollo block III - V parts and the AARDV parts be coming in the initial Saturn Update, or in a later version?

Also, would you consider creating actual AARDV block II parts instead of kitbashing them

If I recall correctly, historical Saturn first, then alt history/conceptual stuff

10 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

If I recall correctly, historical Saturn first, then alt history/conceptual stuff

Isn't the Apollo 5 crew pod the same part, but with a different crew capacity and IVA? Would that mean it also goes into the revamp?

3 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Will the major ETS parts such as the S-1E/S-1F tankage, Apollo block III - V parts and the AARDV parts be coming in the initial Saturn Update, or in a later version?

Also, would you consider creating actual AARDV block II parts instead of kitbashing them

16 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

5 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Isn't the Apollo 5 crew pod the same part, but with a different crew capacity and IVA? Would that mean it also goes into the revamp?

I mean, honestly, on some level it depends on what people want. We can release the historical stuff as soon as its ready, and the mod just wouldn't have the alt-history Saturn/Apollo stuff for a release. If people would rather, we can wait until we've gotten full parity with the stuff currently in the mod before making a release.

Right now my biggest priority (some late night modeling of the Early Lunar Shelter aside) is getting the historical lunar stack in game, so @Jso can start dialing it in. Once we're past that I need to get the Saturn 1 done as well, before moving on too much.

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I mean, honestly, on some level it depends on what people want. We can release the historical stuff as soon as its ready, and the mod just wouldn't have the alt-history Saturn/Apollo stuff for a release. If people would rather, we can wait until we've gotten full parity with the stuff currently in the mod before making a release.

Personally, I'd prefer the historical stuff to be launched first.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Right now my biggest priority (some late night modeling of the Early Lunar Shelter aside) is getting the historical lunar stack in game, so @Jso can start dialing it in. Once we're past that I need to get the Saturn 1 done as well, before moving on too much.

So my personal opinion here is that I really don’t mind. It could be a good idea to release the historical stuff first as it gives people stuff to do whilst the rest is being done, however on the flip side, that could slow down the rest because you are working on preparing it for release.

I don’t really have an opinion because either way I have to wait for the ETS parts to do my full recreation of the whole ETS timeline. It really depends on what you and others want

4 hours ago, Jcking said:

Has anybody been able to attach the S-IE and S-IF tanks to other parts radially? The part attach rules say that they should, but they refuse to do so.

I mean. I'm certain I've seen people making Multibody Heavy before. Not sure what could be happening.

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Personally, I'd prefer the historical stuff to be launched first.

48 minutes ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

So my personal opinion here is that I really don’t mind. It could be a good idea to release the historical stuff first as it gives people stuff to do whilst the rest is being done, however on the flip side, that could slow down the rest because you are working on preparing it for release.

I don’t really have an opinion because either way I have to wait for the ETS parts to do my full recreation of the whole ETS timeline. It really depends on what you and others want

I'd also add that this doesn't affect the Github. New stuff will still be going up on there as it's put in game, as always. Broken and unbalance. :) 

Re: ETS stuff, I'd maybe find another project to do in the meantime. I don't see myself being able to get to them for a couple months yet.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Robert Gilruth's Saturn IB-based artificial gravity test, ideated as an intermediate step between the AAP zero g workshop (Skylab) and a large, artificial gravity station requiring between 3 and 5 Saturn V

Spoiler

artificialgravexp.jpg

Liftoff:

Screenshot_5665.png
Screenshot_5681.png
Screenshot_5688.pngScreenshot_5696.png
Screenshot_5744.pngScreenshot_5704.pngScreenshot_5710.png
Screenshot_5719.pngScreenshot_5722.png
Screenshot_5756.png

Extraction of the multipurpose experiment module and opening of the CM bays:

Screenshot_5743.png
Screenshot_5759.png
Screenshot_5761.png

CM receding from the upper stage to extend the tether:

Screenshot_5772.pngScreenshot_5779.pngScreenshot_5785.png

CM starting the rotation:

Screenshot_5788.pngScreenshot_5789.pngScreenshot_5791.png

End of the experiment and reenter:

Screenshot_5792.pngScreenshot_5796.pngScreenshot_5797.pngScreenshot_5800.pngScreenshot_5805.pngScreenshot_5824.pngScreenshot_5813.pngScreenshot_5815.pngScreenshot_5838.png

12 hours ago, Beccab said:

Robert Gilruth's Saturn IB-based artificial gravity test, ideated as an intermediate step between the AAP zero g workshop (Skylab) and a large, artificial gravity station requiring between 3 and 5 Saturn V

Reveal hidden contents

artificialgravexp.jpg

Liftoff:

Woah.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:29 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Re: ETS stuff, I'd maybe find another project to do in the meantime. I don't see myself being able to get to them for a couple months yet.

In my eyes it would probably the best way to upgrade the ETS last, because we have the rescale-patch to keep up the full functionality while the team brings in the new stuff they want in. Same could be for the Apollo Block III-V : could the rescale patch just be adjustet to use the "old" parts for the near future?

Anyways: I look forward to the comming updates of the mod :)  And i wonder what you can bring in until als probable KSP 2 version get´s into making ( That´s absolutely NOT a demand, i am just asking / hoping. And i hope that a version for that game could be made with the models you just build. )

I think the easiest ETS thing to upgrade immediately would be the 5-man Apollo capsule, since apparently it shares the same exterior, you can just re-use the revamped 3-man Apollo capsule and just adjust the mass and price as necessary.

The "Gemini 76" mission. A recreation of the first manned rendezvous in orbit.

dCOmoqd.jpg

TkY40be.jpg

RoleNZ9.jpg

Wally Schirra Kerman and Tom Stafford Kerman flew the last of the battery powered Gemini's to a reasonably proficient rendezvous. They flew in proximity to Gemini 7 for two orbits, with both ships playing the active role on multiple rendezvous evolutions. Gemini 6 then departed the scene for a return to Kerbin.

Edited by DaveyJ576
Changed wording

On 8/3/2021 at 7:53 AM, Beccab said:

Reveal hidden contents

artificialgravexp.jpg

Liftoff:

Are you a wizard?

On 7/27/2021 at 2:13 AM, Invaderchaos said:

Here's a part list off the top of my head. I might be forgetting a part or two. 
Pioneer Probe Core
Pioneer Experiment Bay (the side-pod)
Pioneer Aft Adapter (with small radiators)
Pioneer Dish Antenna
Pioneer Low Gain Antenna
Pioneer RTG
Pioneer Experiment Bay Radiator
Pioneer Stellar Reference Assembly
Pioneer Side Radiator
Pioneer Ultraviolet Photometer
Pioneer Imaging Photopolarimeter
Pioneer Solar Plasma Analyzer
Pioneer Charged Particle Instrument
Pioneer Geiger Tube
Pioneer Cosmic Ray Telescope
Pioneer Asteroid Meteorite Detector
Pioneer Infrared Radiometer 
Pioneer Trapped Radiation Detector
Pioneer Decoupler

Pioneer Orbiter Stuff:
Pioneer Orbiter Propulsion Unit
Pioneer Scan Platform

WE'RE NOT WORTHY WE'RE NOT WORTHY WE'RE NOT WORTHY 

managed to get a lot of key Skylab parts functional. The MDA, fairing, some science experiments and antennas still need to be completed but thats probably starting next week.

screenshot22.png?width=1500&height=844

screenshot23.png?width=1500&height=844

screenshot24.png?width=654&height=843

screenshot25.png?width=1500&height=844

Edited by Zorg

6 minutes ago, Zorg said:

managed to get a lot of key Skylab parts functional. The MDA, fairing, some science experiments and antennas still need to be completed but thats probably starting next week.

screenshot22.png?width=1500&height=844

screenshot23.png?width=1500&height=844

screenshot24.png?width=654&height=843

screenshot25.png?width=1500&height=844

That's incredible! Are they in the github yet? I NEED that robotic truss