[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, Beccab said:

I've been looking for a way to do that for years, thanks! No more oddly angled Saturn V (or bigger) pics

Note that at least in my game, the "enable long distance terrain shadows" option doesn't stick. I have to turn it on every time I play. The numbers stay, but the actual checkbox doesn't stay checked, so it's become a "boot up KSP, enable shadows, play" habit for me.

9 minutes ago, jefferyharrell said:

Note that at least in my game, the "enable long distance terrain shadows" option doesn't stick. I have to turn it on every time I play. The numbers stay, but the actual checkbox doesn't stay checked, so it's become a "boot up KSP, enable shadows, play" habit for me.

Personally I use shadow bias to 0.500 and normal shadow bias to 0.720 as recommended by Blackrack on some thread, but so far havent been able to figure out how to make it stick either.

19 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

just gonna derp in here and say that I'm sure Cobalt will find what is wonky, but it's also affecting the CM - some of the texture options appear to affect only 1/2 of the model.

If you mean the Skylab texture variants, I'm pretty sure that's how they're supposed to look like: only a part of the CM painted, probably the one facing the sun when docked

27 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

some of the texture options appear to affect only 1/2 of the model.

6 minutes ago, space_powder said:

If you mean the Skylab texture variants, I'm pretty sure that's how they're supposed to look like: only a part of the CM painted, probably the one facing the sun when docked

Yes thats right

skylab20CSM2011620SL220processing.png

LIlKZkq.png

http://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/espace_US/skylab/skylab_CSM.htm

If you look carefully you can see the start of the silver on both sides. Until we saw the pictures above we were under the impression it was half white but the white sector is smaller than that; just enough to cover the side facing direct sunlight.

54 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Screenshot_8721.png

This is the perfect ending, I can't picture it any other way haha

Heatshield should be fixed, I'm planning on streaming AARDV dev in an hour or so! Should be able to finish it up and get it in game.

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

This is the perfect ending, I can't picture it any other way haha

Heatshield should be fixed, I'm planning on streaming AARDV dev in an hour or so! Should be able to finish it up and get it in game.

Awesome! Gonna go test them out. Expect my screenshot tax within the hr. 

Are we going to get an all white CSM/Saturn IB for the Skylab/Apollo 4/6 test flights and for the Skylab/ASTP flights.

Also I'd try and knock out the vernier thrusters for the S-ID and Saturn IC.

31 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Personally I use shadow bias to 0.500 and normal shadow bias to 0.720 as recommended by Blackrack on some thread, but so far havent been able to figure out how to make it stick either.

I'll let you in on a little secret: I have no idea what shadow bias means. I just used the numbers @ballisticfox0 recommended, and the result looks good to me.

48 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Are we going to get an all white CSM/Saturn IB for the Skylab/Apollo 4/6 test flights and for the Skylab/ASTP flights.

Also I'd try and knock out the vernier thrusters for the S-ID and Saturn IC.

I've given some thought to SM variants, we might see them. I might pull a trick like with the Mercury variants where I double up the sheets.

Good shout, I realized the other day I had forgotten them. I'll try to get to it sooner than later. I think the canon build for Saturn 1C might be 4 of the 'linear' LR-101s mounted on the bottom, around the edges.

AARDV dev stream starting! Will probably get it in game today, and I want to work on the SLA fairing nose afterwards!

9Vg6053.png

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

did some testing with that, it caused a weird loss in quality when the camera was close to the craft, lowering them to 0.520 and 0.300 works a bit better

27 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've given some thought to SM variants, we might see them. I might pull a trick like with the Mercury variants where I double up the sheets.

Good shout, I realized the other day I had forgotten them. I'll try to get to it sooner than later. I think the canon build for Saturn 1C might be 4 of the 'linear' LR-101s mounted on the bottom, around the edges.

AARDV dev stream starting! Will probably get it in game today, and I want to work on the SLA fairing nose afterwards!

9Vg6053.png

Gotcha on the S-IE I'll adjust them now... Oh and thanks for the adjustment on the S-ID's skirt. Can't wait to see this puppy ingame. In the meantime...

Kylab (Hokulani) 2

exQd0ZQ.png

It is a thing of pure beauty. You guys have really outdone yourselves on this one. 

Oh and...

Spoiler

UMD4Bjk.png

If you remember @e of piwrote that the final Saturn IB flight was Skylab 5 and it flew on a Saturn IB. 

12 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Was the LEM ascent or descent engine used for ETS Block III? I can't find it on the Alternate History forums.

The Ascent engine was used in the Block III/III+/IV. The Decent engine was used for Block V.

As well, the SM was extended for the Block IV/V.

Edited by Daelkyr