[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

screenshot2518.png
Apollo soyuz test project doppler antenna experiment now on github

Did the ASTP spacecraft carry the S-band antenna? I know Apollo 7 and Skylab spacecraft didn’t.

6 hours ago, Pioneer_Steve said:

LM-1 - The First LM.

FCvsGV6XoAIceCA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FCvsX31XMAIzupQ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The windows aren’t boarded up; absolutely immersion-breaking.

Seriously though, if texture variants for the LEM ever become a thing, I hope we’ll see a “boilerplate” variant modeled after LM-1 with plates over the windows and such.

14 hours ago, Jcking said:

Oh I forgot, there is still the old mercury capsule in the files. Make sure that you replace the internal line for bluedog_Mercury_Capsule, and not bluedog_mercuryPod.

Okay, it worked now, but I kept the props folder for FASA and some of the internal props for the Apollo capsule are missing.

5 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Did the ASTP spacecraft carry the S-band antenna?

Yes, it did, because it was communicating through the ATS-6 satellite in GEO.

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

@CobaltWolf I may have found an error in the B9partswitch for the S-I engine mount. Are the Saturn IB and Saturn I Block II mounts supposed to be the same or different?  Because they are currently the same. 

The Block II should have extra fairings and exhaust dumps. If it doesn't then I broke it without realizing.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

The Block II should have extra fairings and exhaust dumps. If it doesn't then I broke it without realizing.

Block II has the fairings and exhaust dumps like it's supposed to, but so does the S1B engine mount.

Edited by Jcking

9 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Did the ASTP spacecraft carry the S-band antenna? I know Apollo 7 and Skylab spacecraft didn’t.

Now that you mention it probably not. 

13 hours ago, davidy12 said:

May not be an exact docking module, but still looks great.

There is a possibility that there will be more parts for Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in the future :sticktongue:

In other news: service module variants! I have all the textures completed but the reason they are not released yet is because I am going to figure out if there is a way to combine two variants per texture sheet since the service module texture is a massive 2K sheet. So far there are four variants:

Fictional white Apollo:
screenshot6.png

Apollo 7:
screenshot9.png
screenshot8.png

Skylab Apollo:
screenshot10.png
screenshot12.png

The last variant (which is not directly seen here) is the ASTP Apollo. It is very similar to the Skylab variant. The CM is the default bare metal and the service module is the same as Skylab's except the SIM bay cover has no paint on it, unlike Skylab's. Not sure when these will get in game but probably in the near future. In the mean time, I made small modifications/fixes to the current SM texture. A few errors have been fixed and the DDS compression on the SM might appear to be less severe/noticable.

Edited by Invaderchaos

46 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

There is a possibility that there will be more parts for Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in the future :sticktongue:

In other news: service module variants! I have all the textures completed but the reason they are not released yet is because I am going to figure out if there is a way to combine two variants per texture sheet since the service module texture is a massive 2K sheet. So far there are four variants:

Fictional white Apollo:
screenshot6.png

Uhhhh... Ever heard of Apollo 6. It's SM was white.

2 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Fictional white Apollo:
screenshot6.png

Apollo 7:
screenshot9.png
screenshot8.png

Skylab Apollo:
screenshot10.png
screenshot12.png

The last variant (which is not directly seen here) is the ASTP Apollo. It is very similar to the Skylab variant. The CM is the default bare metal and the service module is the same as Skylab's except the SIM bay cover has no paint on it, unlike Skylab's. Not sure when these will get in game but probably in the near future. In the mean time, I made small modifications/fixes to the current SM texture. A few errors have been fixed and the DDS compression on the SM might appear to be less severe/noticable.

Could we get toasted variants of the Skylab service modules as well?

2 hours ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Speaking of fictional Apollos, could there be a gold one? :wink:

I remember saying ''I'm the first to consider gold apollo!'' a while ago and I'm now 100% sure that I'm wrong and that somebody once concieved it