[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, Jcking said:

I believe Rogerwang’s Konstellation program mod adds an Ares V mount for the RS68. As for the ReDIRECT mod, all the mounts were made for SSMEs.

5 hours ago, Machinique said:

NFLV has a 6-enginge mount that can be rescaled for Ares V.

All your Ares V needs. 

12 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

I think it'd only need altitude-optimised and inline Castor 4s, add the roll stripes back if you want, and an avionics core.

Oh yes, the inline Castor IV would be a great addition, also for Super Strypi (am i the only one to love that obscure thing?)

nnkyK4U.jpg

aBDRufU.jpg

7VJPoGH.jpg

I3OZfLw.jpg

December 23rd, 1981 - The Power and Science Module for the Starlab ISS launched around 9:00AM without a hitch, using Pad 39A which the core module had launched from days previously. The PSM rendezvoused with the core module and Enterprise the next day around 3:23AM. The crew of the Enterprise was to depart in about an hour so they could make it home for Christmas, but elected to stay to make sure the PSM had docked, was properly hooked up and was in working order. NASA did the numbers and allowed for a two-to-three-hour extension, on the condition that the crew prepare the module for the first official expedition to the station. The crew agreed and got to work, finishing up a good half hour before the three-hour deadline. 

Enterprise detached from the station and proceeded with backing away from Starlab, leaving the station to drift alone until Expedition 1 which would launch two weeks into the new year, and would feature an international crew made up of an American, a Russian, a French, a Japanese and a German. E-1 will also bring up the Airlock Module with it. Due needing room for the airlock, E-1's Block V will launch without a Block IV mission Module. 

Full Album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Found a little issue at Minerva-VLL-30XL, Paxus-MGL 118/CGR120 and Paxus MGL119/SR2 in the latest github:

RvGw7rg.png
Minerva-VLL-30XL: texture switch isn`t working correct: booster white, engine cover black...

Ac6G2QN.png
...and booster black, engine cover white

9MkBb30.png
Paxus-MGL 118/CGR120: texture switch works only for the Booster, not for the engine cover

NaWNPsp.png
Paxus MGL119/SR2: Engine cover is missing altough it is activated.

Edit: more issues. ;)

FwkQwIJ.png
Plume on Minerva-VLL-AIM is always on.

kf7NiRT.png
Plume on Minerva-VLL-30XL is a little bit small I think.

Edited by Cheesecake

19 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

What is it they say about sledgehammers and killing ants?

Use more sledgehammer?

:D

23 hours ago, Jcking said:

There’s a color render of this vehicle that really shows the Gemini influence, but honestly it always looked suspiciously like some depictions of BALLOS (Ballistic Reentry Type Logistics Spacecraft).

yes it is also the artwork for BALLOS :D   The picture I have is actually called BALLOS9.JPG
I do not know if the og source I had got the name wrong or what but I caught the "bigger Apollo" use of the art right away and saw a lower quality of the same drawing in the report I cited.

1 hour ago, Staticalliam7 said:

wen saturn heavy

1 hour ago, Jcking said:

Which “Saturn heavy”? There are many proposals that would be considered “heavy” versions of Saturn.

1 hour ago, Staticalliam7 said:

4 saturn 1st stages strapped onto the core :trollface:

UserView-0.jpg

On 11/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, Pappystein said:

Actually I just re-read the "master" Douglas report on S-IVC.    Aside from the cool linear docking of multiple S-IVCs together they also were to use a Slush fuel meaning fuel densification.  

So when compared to the 16.7m long MS-IVB derivitives (there were three) the S-IVC gives up the structural changes from the MLV program, adds Desnsified Fuel, new LOWER RCS, new nosecone that protected the forward docking port and utilized the old style Saturn V RCS, and inline S-IVC to S-IVC docking... at-least according to NTRS 19690006388

The report is a little thin which is why I didn't read it in-depth before (and I have already work 26 hours this week (2x 13hr days) so my eyes are bleary :D  

I was actually referencing the viability of the Hydrolox engine, not how to make it in KSP.   Even a Kerolox SM would suffer from boiloff of the LOX stage before you got to either destination.    I think the ESM would have ended up with either 2x AJ10 developments or TR-201 derivatives.

Could you point me to the Douglas report on the S-IVC? Or just give me the NTRS number?

QbFbkQT.jpg

Expedition 1 sits on LC-39A, awaiting launch which would happen in a few hours.

(Actual launch will be tomorrow. Don't really have time to launch and docking right now, but I launched it to get it ready and found a total eclipse about to happen, so time warp and took a screen shot.)

Just finished a new science definition for multispectral imagery/scanning. Spent way too much time on it lol. There’s a ton of stuff focused on Earth/Kerbin based remote sensing for weather/environment, but plenty also on planetary exploration. So far the only part that has it is the Skylab multispectral scanner but soon the Pioneer Multispectral imager will have it as well. Includes support for KSRSS planets.

Edited by Invaderchaos

On 11/21/2021 at 4:06 PM, Starhelperdude said:

I test-launched LLV-1, it was prob. the fastest launch of a real concept LV that I ever launched

unknown.png

1st stage TWR ranges from 3.5 to 8

I'm glad that they took Castor 120 instead of SR-118 for Athena 1

something to remember...   Solid rockets are a victim of how the fuel is made (what shape and what materials)  The stage casing is not to blame.   I am sure a much less violent and longer burning arrangement COULD have been made in the SR-118 casing you are using.

*EDITED*  of course treaty wise, the SR-118 is not allowed for civilian launches as making any part of the Peacekeeper that is a direct 1 to 1 copy is illegal since they were eliminated by treaty.   The exception would be if say the SR-118 was used BEFORE the all up MX went into service for something non-military.

20 hours ago, birdog357 said:

Could you point me to the Douglas report on the S-IVC? Or just give me the NTRS number?

On 11/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, Pappystein said:

Actually I just re-read the "master" Douglas report on S-IVC.    Aside from the cool linear docking of multiple S-IVCs together they also were to use a Slush fuel meaning fuel densification.  

So when compared to the 16.7m long MS-IVB derivitives (there were three) the S-IVC gives up the structural changes from the MLV program, adds Desnsified Fuel, new LOWER RCS, new nosecone that protected the forward docking port and utilized the old style Saturn V RCS, and inline S-IVC to S-IVC docking... at-least according to NTRS 19690006388

hope that helps

Edited by Pappystein

6 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Just finished a new science definition for multispectral imagery/scanning. Spent way too much time on it lol. There’s a ton of stuff focused on Earth/Kerbin based remote sensing for weather/environment, but plenty also on planetary exploration. So far the only part that has it is the Skylab multispectral scanner but soon the Pioneer Multispectral imager will have it as well. Includes support for KSRSS planets.

Does it have ScanSat support?

zP5ooqv.jpg

AarEF5J.jpg

hAE0rpb.jpg

n1xrITw.jpg

HT9gjws.jpg

January 12th, 1982 - Expedition 1 started the day with a Solar Eclipse in the morning. A nice sight to behold for the astronauts and ground crew. Loading of the crew took place during the eclipse, but NASA was kind enough to allow the astronauts a few minutes to be able to view the event and take photos with the family. After the eclipse's totality had passed, crew loading resumed. This was the first international team, and the first expedition to the Starlab ISS. Launch was at between 10AM and 11AM and went off without a hitch, safe for the F-1A under performing a slight bit due to an unknown issue, currently under investigation, but otherwise the crew made orbit fine. The crew caught up to Starlab the same day. The crew docked the Airlock Module to Spacelab Power and Science module without issue. Due to the mismatching docking ports, an adapter from IDA to the Apollo Docking Port was required, but will be removed and discarded when E-1 leaves Starlab. 

Starlab's first crew consists of:
Pilot: American Astronaut John W. Young
Commander: French Astronaut Patrick Baudry
Scientist: Russian Cosmonaut Svetlana Savitskaya
Scientist 2: Japanese Astronaut Chiaki Mukai
Engineer: German Cosmonaut Sigmund Jähn

Full Album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Okay, time to address the glaring issue... the spacing... I neglected to test fit the modules together before sending them up, a major mistake on my part. While Apollo isn't colliding physically with Starlab's RCS pack, the bypass for the connection hook is clipping visually. I plan on redoing Starlab and moving some things around, so expect to see some major changes. Story wise, nothing will really change, only the visuals. 

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Okay, time to address the glaring issue... the spacing... I neglected to test fit the modules together before sending them up, a major mistake on my part. While Apollo isn't colliding with physically with Starlab's RCS pack, the bypass for the connection hook is clipping visually. I plan on redoing Starlab and moving some things around, so expect to see some major changes. Story wise, nothing will really change, only the visuals. 

Couldn't a Engineer kerbal just shift it ever so slightly?

3 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

Couldn't a Engineer kerbal just shift it ever so slightly?

Even if an engineer could, I'd still need to redo the station as the ESA module can't fit with the current config.

Edited by GoldForest

14 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Does it have ScanSat support?

Typically science definitions are independent from ScanSat, as scansat applies directly to the part, and are not tied to certain science modules. So I guess that yes, the experiment would be compatible with ScanSat. In terms of the parts themselves, I am unsure if the Skylab Multispectral Scanner or the Pioneer SUAE proposal Multispectral Imager have ScanSat capabilites at the moment. In terms of whether or not they will, the Pioneer Multispectral Imager certainly will, as it should be able to be used for mapping. I am unsure if the Skylab Multispectral Scanner will, I will need to read more into the purpose it was used for and if it was relevant to mapping. However, I am pretty sure it will, but not 100% sure.

Pioneer config work is finished. All experiments, descriptions, etc should be totally finished now. If there are any problems, please let me know. The more  people that test out the parts, the closer we’ll be to a release. These fixes are also merged into the GitHub Apollo branch, so you will be able to test this stuff even if you want to keep the Apollo parts in your game.

Edited by Invaderchaos