[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

iwF0nwz.png

0PRKCbq.png

OlChKEV.png

nHkdKsc.png

wAYNkWq.png

PuETUhJ.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Saturn INT-1645U launches Skylab 6 crew to the improved Skylab. After the launch of INT-1645, a Saturn MB M02 launched a Block IIB Aardvark along with a PMA adapter. The PMA Adapter is for ESA's Man-Tended Free Flyer space station modules that will be using the larger CADS docking port rather than the APAS-75. The Columbus MTFF will be launched aboard either a Saturn Jarvis, Saturn MB M02 or a Saturn INT-17. ESA has not yet made a decision. 

After a few days on the station and the unloading of the Aardvark, SL-6 crew set on an EVA to move the solar panels off the ATM to make room for the radiators on board the 25KW Power Module. The crew attached the solar panels to the main body of Skylab, NASA not sure if they should be discarded to burn up or repurposed. 

---------

So, some of you are probably wondering what the heck is Saturn INT-1645. Well, it's Saturn INT-16, with XXX after the 6. The first X denotes how many Titan UA/SRMU SRBs it will use. The second X denotes the type of UA/.SRMU SRB it will use. The third X is to denote which SRB will be used, U for UA and S for SRMU So:
INT - INTermediate
16 - Model Number
4 - 4 SRBS
5U - of the UA1205 variant

Word of warning, INT-16 has HIGH acceleration! If you're using a mod that adds G-force death... might want to limit the thrust. Seriously. I had a 2+ TWR at launch! I didn't see what the G meter got up to, but I don't know if I want to know. 

22 minutes ago, DaOPCreeper said:

is there a petal fairing in the updated version, im not seeing one

also the one tapered tank, i don't see an updated one of that either (found it, the different texture threw me off)

There are three types of petal fairings. 

5 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

IT'S HAPPENING

pls tell me there's a window seat tho

Yes. Keep in mind that this is just the shell with no props (including seats) yet.

edit: Those snacks cabinets are props actually, they were in the scene but will be done as props for the final version.

Edited by Zorg

This is still quite WIP. A few experiment props still need to be made (bike, LBNP etc) and lots of prop placement. Also keep in mind the layout (esp the lower deck) is slightly simplified due to the scale of kerbals and frankly my sanity.

12 hours ago, GoldForest said:

iwF0nwz.png

0PRKCbq.png

OlChKEV.png

nHkdKsc.png

wAYNkWq.png

PuETUhJ.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Saturn INT-1645U launches Skylab 6 crew to the improved Skylab. After the launch of INT-1645, a Saturn MB M02 launched a Block IIB Aardvark along with a PMA adapter. The PMA Adapter is for ESA's Man-Tended Free Flyer space station modules that will be using the larger CADS docking port rather than the APAS-75. The Columbus MTFF will be launched aboard either a Saturn Jarvis, Saturn MB M02 or a Saturn INT-17. ESA has not yet made a decision. 

After a few days on the station and the unloading of the Aardvark, SL-6 crew set on an EVA to move the solar panels off the ATM to make room for the radiators on board the 25KW Power Module. The crew attached the solar panels to the main body of Skylab, NASA not sure if they should be discarded to burn up or repurposed. 

---------

So, some of you are probably wondering what the heck is Saturn INT-1645. Well, it's Saturn INT-16, with XXX after the 6. The first X denotes how many Titan UA/SRMU SRBs it will use. The second X denotes the type of UA/.SRMU SRB it will use. The third X is to denote which SRB will be used, U for UA and S for SRMU So:
INT - INTermediate
16 - Model Number
4 - 4 SRBS
5U - of the UA1205 variant

Word of warning, INT-16 has HIGH acceleration! If you're using a mod that adds G-force death... might want to limit the thrust. Seriously. I had a 2+ TWR at launch! I didn't see what the G meter got up to, but I don't know if I want to know. 

Two things on the INT-16  

1)  How the HECK did you build your S-I stage?  

2) All SRMs can be thrust profiled to perform differential.   This is done by Shape, Baffle Size and thickness and fuel composition.    I read in (I believe) a MOL document where they talked about using less aluminum powder in the SRM solid fuel slurry to reduce impulse and provide for a longer burn.    We can do this in a limited fashion in KSP by adjusting the Thrust limiter down.   But it dose not stop peak thrust change... just lowers the maximum number you can reach.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Two things on the INT-16  

1)  How the HECK did you build your S-I stage?  

2) All SRMs can be thrust profiled to perform differential.   This is done by Shape, Baffle Size and thickness and fuel composition.    I read in (I believe) a MOL document where they talked about using less aluminum powder in the SRM solid fuel slurry to reduce impulse and provide for a longer burn.    We can do this in a limited fashion in KSP by adjusting the Thrust limiter down.   But it dose not stop peak thrust change... just lowers the maximum number you can reach.

S-IVB mount set to S-II mode, then offset the boosters to get them squared. Added struts for stability. 

So I hate to admit this.  But I have lost some things.     If any of you know the page/url to any of the old Historical Articles I have written on things like Titan etc, could you please share them.  I am trying to upload all my documents to my very rough (just starting out and not real professional yet) Wiki that is in the link below.  

The Goal is to have a pretty solid archive for modders to have some history.  Maybe a few drawings and inspiration for their craft.  

Thanks in Advance! (if you have copied documents and can share them back please PM me!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++EDITED BELOW++++++++++++++++++++++

While they are not up on the GitHub, I have now recovered the entire swath of Titan Documents, the J-2 Engine Documents and all my Saturn Documents that I have published.    Over the next few days I will re-edit them, update them (several documents predate Zorg's discoveries about the HG-3 rocket engine for example.) and then add them to my Github and Wiki.   Currently I am only uploading PDFs of the documents.  Latter I will work to make a fully readable on Github wiki

Edited by Pappystein