[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

C9RUdmp.png

nNHutJW.png

q23WhQi.png

yuj012g.png

EiClepS.png

r8S2eld.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Night time launch due to needing the angle to escape the Kerbolar System. Saturn All Stages S-I through S-V was a success. Pioneer 10 is well on its way out of the solar system, leaving Kerbin at a around 14,000 m/s (Relative). It's leaving the Kerbolar System at around 28,000 m/s. 

Also, anyone know the major differences between Centaur and S-V? I know there was minor changes, but I don't know any of them.

Edited by GoldForest

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

LM Shelter is not on the GitHub... soooon

8dGhLNS.png

Looking very nice. However, I do have a question: in the image I quoted, it looks like there's a pretty large gap between the base of the airlock and the place where the hatch would normally be on the standard lunar module. Is this intended, or just something that's been overlooked/not modelled yet?

3 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Looking very nice. However, I do have a question: in the image I quoted, it looks like there's a pretty large gap between the base of the airlock and the place where the hatch would normally be on the standard lunar module. Is this intended, or just something that's been overlooked/not modelled yet?

That's just the way it looks, I think the angle isn't helping. The tube from the LM pressure vessel and the airlock is much narrower than the airlock itself.

xBEEfxw.png

11 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That's just the way it looks, I think the angle isn't helping. The tube from the LM pressure vessel and the airlock is much narrower than the airlock itself.

xBEEfxw.png

Is the docking hatch replaced by the inflatable module permanently or is that a modification after landing and taken down before take off? 

If permanent, I'm guessing this would launch by itself and the Astronauts would meet it on the Moon?

12 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

screenshot655.pngscreenshot656.png
screenshot659.png
screenshot660.png
screenshot672.png
screenshot677.png

Centaur 2/3 is now up on github!

I don't think you uploaded the white version of the tank or the SAF version of the new fairing. There is a "SOFI" B9PS module on the tank, but the only option is orange.

EDIT: The RL10B2 doesn't fit on the single engine mounting plate, the nozzle extension clips into the tanks slightly.

Edited by Entr8899

49 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Is the docking hatch replaced by the inflatable module permanently or is that a modification after landing and taken down before take off? 

If permanent, I'm guessing this would launch by itself and the Astronauts would meet it on the Moon?

The inflatable module is part of the docking port thermal cover and would be inflated by the arriving crew, but don’t pay too much attention to that as it was one of the alternate configurations for the shelter and not part of the recommended configuration.

Edited by Jcking

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

16 minutes ago, Jcking said:

The inflatable module is part of the docking port thermal cover and would be inflated by the arriving crew, but don’t pay too much attention to that as it was one of the alternate configurations for the shelter and not part of the recommended configuration.

I didn't even notice that was in the image, yeah I'm not including the coat closet there.

With that said, the LM Shelter would always land by itself uncrewed in any scenario. The crew would arrive via LM Taxi. And yes, that means the LM Shelter probably has a CSM with it that has to find a mission after they let the Shelter begin it's descent alone.

Alternatively, I'd be open to making some parts to let an Apollo tug be used instead, launched like this:

apolass.gif

48 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

EDIT: The RL10B2 doesn't fit on the single engine mounting plate, the nozzle extension clips into the tanks slightly.

I think you're just going to have to live with that and not look too closely :P

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

The B2 was only used on Delta III and IV so I wouldn't lose sleep over that. 

34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

And yes, that means the LM Shelter probably has a CSM with it that has to find a mission after they let the Shelter begin it's descent alone.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Jcking

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I didn't even notice that was in the image, yeah I'm not including the coat closet there.

With that said, the LM Shelter would always land by itself uncrewed in any scenario. The crew would arrive via LM Taxi. And yes, that means the LM Shelter probably has a CSM with it that has to find a mission after they let the Shelter begin it's descent alone.

Alternatively, I'd be open to making some parts to let an Apollo tug be used instead, launched like this:

apolass.gif

I think you're just going to have to live with that and not look too closely :P

The coat closet could be used to store life support materials in game, like oxygen or something. 

2 minutes ago, Jcking said:

Capture.PNG

Huh, so it does have the docking port, but it does also land alone, as the Astronauts leave the shelter before detach. 

Edited by GoldForest

I don't think you uploaded the white version of the tank or the SAF version of the new fairing. There is a "SOFI" B9PS module on the tank, but the only option is orange.

Yes, I appear to have forgotten to set up the SAF fairing. Not sure why the switch isn’t working, I’ll look into that. As for RL10B2, 90% sure that was only used for DCSS.

14 minutes ago, Zorg said:

The B2 was only used on Delta III and IV so I wouldn't lose sleep over that.

7 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

As for RL10B2, 90% sure that was only used for DCSS.

Woah, some serious Mandela effect is happening. Happened to me yesterday too, with the Skylab radio blackout incident. Could've sworn it was for a whole day, and that it was intentional.

Woah, some serious Mandela effect is happening. Happened to me yesterday too, with the Skylab radio blackout incident. Could've sworn it was for a whole day, and that it was intentional.

Oh that's a pretty common myth so that's understandable

So... there are still some gremlins with the LM IVA, the RotateInternal module seems to fix it but I had it revert to backwards orientation on crew transfer. Switching vessels or saving/loading fixes it again. It could be the Reviva mod interfering though, will check without it.

3 hours ago, AdrianDogmeat said:

@Pappystein I recall you posting on github asking for a new LR87 config (Specifically AJ-11A for Titan IV), are you still interested in it or?

I have the data on them all.  I have a PR up for my Hypergolic patches for BTA to be in BTA Extras.  In it I edited Zorg's AJ9 Patch adding a AJ9K variant and creating a "new mod" so as to provide controllable exclusions for my Hypergolic patches.  

I didn't want to update the main list of engines more than that until the PR is accepted into the Extras folder (or refused.)  But I have all the data ready to dump with another PR latter.

@Zorg, regarding the drag issues with the SLA would it be possible to solve it by making the panels part of a fairing via simple adjustable fairings and just have it staged with the decoupler?

Edited by 1124max
Clarification