[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

30 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

If you're doing LRV and you've conquered your crippling phobia of wheels, can we get MOLEM parts now? 

Calm down there, Cobalt has just decided to work on LRV, let's give him some time to figure out the LRV wheels before we request another rover. We might send him back into the no rover mindset. :D

8 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

YAAAAY!!!

My SurveyoRanger finally retires in favor of actual Surveyor!

(Please tell me you're making Viking after it. Please. Pretty please. Pretty please with cherry on top!!! AFAIK, there is no mods that add a proper Viking, so we kinda NEED it.)

I have no plans to make Viking. Coatl has a Viking in development and so I feel it wouldn’t be the best to “poach” that. I have done enough Coatl probes already lol. Plus Viking is pretty complex and it looks like a pain in the ass.

After Surveyor I don’t have any immediate plans to do any other landers, but if I did it would be Mars Polar Lander/Phoenix/Insight as I already started on those. 

I will say tho some of the Surveyor surface experiments I have planned will add some parts to BDB that use dmagic orbital science surface experiments, which currently aren’t in BDB, so that will hopefully give players more incentive to kitbash probe landers.

3 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

If you're doing LRV and you've conquered your crippling phobia of wheels, can we get MOLEM parts now?

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Calm down there, Cobalt has just decided to work on LRV, let's give him some time to figure out the LRV wheels before we request another rover. We might send him back into the no rover mindset. :D

If all goes well, there's something else I'd like to consider:

AgzLI0h.jpg

Since everyone is in a rover mood I decided to post pictures of a rover for a planned manned mission to Europa I will be doing.

20220612180342_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fu-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZ1LTVkMTU4M2ViLWYwNzItNDNjYS04NjExLWNkZTc3ZDE5YjQ0Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.ajWjSPELhzkMutdLxBhDZUKhP3wtc77rfu_hIGG8Cgo

I need help the higher ups at the space center keeps telling me they got better TV cameras than the old Ranger Camera but I keep using it.

20220612184537_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fs-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZzLTRmNjJmZmJlLTdmYjAtNDE1NS04MzEwLWM5OTk3MWM5MjVmNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.GpxhGsw21MkPECm2fDfHphfitT6Oyu48mUX2DXLemVk

20220612184851_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZwLWQwYzY2ODhmLWU2MDEtNDc4NC05MTllLWM5MzdjNWY2ZGYxMS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MzXpVnZZksuh3mptVp_YiHGrf_aRFho1dlKSS_FwtbY

20220612184937_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fn-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZuLWZjNzM3YjFhLTI1ZDgtNDA5MS1hNGJjLThmYWMwYzZhMDlmNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.HZXNI5wNwfWwzuVu_HfbwP99sG73Wrdu_KbIjehrgVM

Now just gotta restock the Bradbury and hope an Apollo Lander can work on Europa. But I gotta wait until the weekend to play some more.

Edited by Pudgemountain

Just now, Pudgemountain said:

Since everyone is in a rover mood I decided to post pictures of a rover for a planned manned mission to Europa I will be doing.

20220612180342_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fu-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZ1LTVkMTU4M2ViLWYwNzItNDNjYS04NjExLWNkZTc3ZDE5YjQ0Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.ajWjSPELhzkMutdLxBhDZUKhP3wtc77rfu_hIGG8Cgo

I need help the higher ups at the space center keeps telling me they got better TV cameras than the old Ranger Camera but I keep using it.

20220612184537_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fs-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZzLTRmNjJmZmJlLTdmYjAtNDE1NS04MzEwLWM5OTk3MWM5MjVmNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.GpxhGsw21MkPECm2fDfHphfitT6Oyu48mUX2DXLemVk

20220612184851_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fp-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZwLWQwYzY2ODhmLWU2MDEtNDc4NC05MTllLWM5MzdjNWY2ZGYxMS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.MzXpVnZZksuh3mptVp_YiHGrf_aRFho1dlKSS_FwtbY

20220612184937_1_by_pudgemountain_df790fn-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjc5MGZuLWZjNzM3YjFhLTI1ZDgtNDA5MS1hNGJjLThmYWMwYzZhMDlmNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.HZXNI5wNwfWwzuVu_HfbwP99sG73Wrdu_KbIjehrgVM

Now just gotta restock the Bradbury and hope an Apollo Lander can work on Europa. But I gotta wait until the weekend to play some more.

why do i smell a buffalo? 

Just now, Pudgemountain said:

But in all seriousness I hope this rover drives better than the attempt I tried on Ceres almost a month ago.

On that note - in my testing on stream Saturday, the LRV was actually remarkably stable, at least on the Mun. Pretty hard to flip, decent enough traction, etc. We'll include recommended settings for the tweakables (traction control, braking force, etc) in the build guide.

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

On that note - in my testing on stream Saturday, the LRV was actually remarkably stable, at least on the Mun. Pretty hard to flip, decent enough traction, etc. We'll include recommended settings for the tweakables (traction control, braking force, etc) in the build guide.

True but I was referring to the Buffalo rover I made lol.

But in seriousness I can't wait for the LRV it will be really useful for future missions that don't have an atmosphere.

Edited by Pudgemountain

3 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

True but I was referring to the Buffalo rover I made lol.

But in seriousness I can't wait for the LRV it will be really useful for future missions that don't have an atmosphere.

Yeah I realized that after I started typing, then just went back and made some edits cus I still wanted to say the thing about the LRV lol

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah I realized that after I started typing, then just went back and made some edits cus I still wanted to say the thing about the LRV lol

You're good and keep up the great work and that goes for everyone working on this mod.

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

hey colbat i just wanted to say after a few mins ago witnessing someone getting very toxic to a different mod dev, just wanted to let you know that your appreciated by me, thanks for offering this mod to the community for 0 financial incentive. its incredibly kind of you to do. (you put so much into this)

Are the Prometheus/Titan SRB decouplers known to be fragile? SRBs frequently tear off the decouplers at launch in my current playthrough. I don't recall that issue in a much older BDB playthrough although that was with a different set of mods.

The radial decoupler and SRB cfg's both contain "breakingForce = 112 breakingTorque = 112". If I want to increase that, should I edit both files, or can I just edit the one radial decoupler?

FYI, here are the things I've already considered:

• Struts: This lessens the problem but it's a pain to manually spam struts. Some of my Titan-inspire rockets need 3 or more sets of struts to keep the boosters from flying off immediately after launch.
  • Rigid attachment: Doesn't seem to make much difference. I've tried it on the boosters, decouplers, and tanks.
  • Alt-f12 unbreakable joints: Lessens the problem but it's awkward to remember to keep turning this feature on and off.
  • Autostrut: Not available in this playthrough. I'm using the Skyhawk Science System tree and it doesn't unlock autostrut regarldes of the advanced tweakables setting. Other users confirm the autostrut issue.
  • KJR: This isn't in my current modest. When I started this save KJR was incompatible with KSP 1.12.3. KJR has since been updated but I'm reluctant to add it because I'm already getting mysterious undiagnosed Unity crashes (I've gotten the Unity crashes mostly tamed and they are very rare now, but the root cause is unknown so I'm hesitant to make any mod changes).

12 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

Are the Prometheus/Titan SRB decouplers known to be fragile? SRBs frequently tear off the decouplers at launch in my current playthrough. I don't recall that issue in a much older BDB playthrough although that was with a different set of mods.

The radial decoupler and SRB cfg's both contain "breakingForce = 112 breakingTorque = 112". If I want to increase that, should I edit both files, or can I just edit the one radial decoupler?

FYI, here are the things I've already considered:

• Struts: This lessens the problem but it's a pain to manually spam struts. Some of my Titan-inspire rockets need 3 or more sets of struts to keep the boosters from flying off immediately after launch.
  • Rigid attachment: Doesn't seem to make much difference. I've tried it on the boosters, decouplers, and tanks.
  • Alt-f12 unbreakable joints: Lessens the problem but it's awkward to remember to keep turning this feature on and off.
  • Autostrut: Not available in this playthrough. I'm using the Skyhawk Science System tree and it doesn't unlock autostrut regarldes of the advanced tweakables setting. Other users confirm the autostrut issue.
  • KJR: This isn't in my current modest. When I started this save KJR was incompatible with KSP 1.12.3. KJR has since been updated but I'm reluctant to add it because I'm already getting mysterious undiagnosed Unity crashes (I've gotten the Unity crashes mostly tamed and they are very rare now, but the root cause is unknown so I'm hesitant to make any mod changes).

Do you have FAR installed? And do you have the SRB recovery chutes on the SRBs?

But I don't have issues with them normally, but I have KJR installed.

Edited by Rodger