[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

56 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

I messed up the config while updating the names/tags, however I believe I fixed this a few days ago. Do you have the latest dev version? If so, then I might’ve missed something, but I’m pretty sure it should be good now.

EDIT: It was still messed up as of the time of this post. Apologies. However, it should NOW be fixed.

It works now, thanks!

Welcome to the Nice page everyone! 

*Legally obligated Nice comment*

Edited by GoldForest

57 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

but I’m pretty sure it should be good now.

I realize you weren't replying to me, but the logs I posted were from a synch last night. Tried again with today's changes - still not working correctly for me, same log contents ... Hmmm, unsure of what to try next.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers

7 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I realize you weren't replying to me, but the logs I posted were from a synch last night. Tried again with today's changes - still not working correctly for me, same log contents ... Hmmm, unsure of what to try next.

there were a few commits today, including a mostly cosmetic format change followed shortly by a commit that added the missing MaxAmount to the electricity resource node. Were you synced to that one? Because I tested and the core loaded for me after that. 

2 hours ago, Zorg said:

there were a few commits today, including a mostly cosmetic format change followed shortly by a commit that added the missing MaxAmount to the electricity resource node. Were you synced to that one? Because I tested and the core loaded for me after that. 

Yep it's back to showing up now and no more PartLoader errors.  Honestly, these types of temporary nits and hiccups are insignificant compared to being able to see stuff in development. All y'all's work is very much appreciated - even if no one ever makes the MRO :P 

"We are live at the Bicentennial celebrations at Kennedy Space Center, where NASA is preparing a special exhibit of the new Space Shuttle orbiter Enterprise. Revolutionary, reusable, and state-of-the-art, this new winged wonder is set to render conventional rocketry obsolete by the year 1980 and-- wait, what's this?"

"It's... it's... BY GOD IT'S SATURN V WITH A STEEL CHAIR!!"

J56BQPX.png

rpBvApu.png

6oRFi3e.png

JgA5WmL.png

aBLQDpH.png

tW2mJeh.png

July 1, 1976, 14:03 EDT. The Revenge of AAP Incident...

Edited by pTrevTrevs

NERVA XE (bleed cycle) and NERVA full flow (final flight engine for reusable nuclear shuttle etc) are now on the BDB development github. Along with NERVA II already uploaded

Full line up including the Timberwinds on the left and the big NERVA II already in game. And yes thats a surprise aerospike variant of the full flow NERVA. It was considered for length reduction (not alt compensation) but was discarded for poor performance and usual cooling issues.

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

NERVA XE (bleed cycle) and NERVA full flow (final flight engine for reusable nuclear shuttle etc) are now on the BDB development github. Along with NERVA II already uploaded

Full line up including the Timberwinds on the left and the big NERVA II already in game. And yes thats a surprise aerospike variant of the full flow NERVA. It was considered for length reduction (not alt compensation) but was discarded for poor performance and usual cooling issues.

Now an Ares(Voyage) Mars landing can be done.

7 hours ago, Shlyopa said:

Where can i see bdb part modelling process from scratch?

Cobalt occasionally streams his work on parts for BDB in various states of completion that have various levels of work on them. He’ll link the stream in this topic when he is streaming.

Don’t think I’ve posted any updates on my end (at least on the forums) in a while, so here’s some pictures of stuff I’ve been working on lately:

FWOXl24UIAArTUS?format=jpg&name=medium

FWOXmIkUEAApfb6?format=jpg&name=medium

FWOXmWBVEAEEPmA?format=png&name=900x900

FWOXmp2UAAAGx6v?format=png&name=900x900

FWbVZ-CXkAAp8Xr?format=jpg&name=medium
FWbVZ-TWIAEuEw6?format=jpg&name=900x900

FWbVZ9_WYAEti9t?format=jpg&name=largeeverything here is still pretty WIP and without spec and normals, but I’m starting to get back in the swing of things 

7 hours ago, Zorg said:

For all your meme-related, Kerbal needs
Much happ, very excite

7 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

@Zorgthose engines look amazing! Is a Timber Wind 250 is planned as well?

Not really. As mentioned a page or two ago, the current Timberwind  models are sort of a remix of various contemporary designs and I'm not particularly motivated to try to come up with something from scratch. If on the other hand you find a reasonably detailed drawing/schematic/picture of a Timberwind 250 from a reliable source we can talk :) 

I am working on 1 more post NERVA but Project Rover related engine though... this uses a reactor derived from the Pewee design from Project Rover and was meant for the shuttle payload bay hence the odd sideways folding nozzle. There was room to the size but length was at a premium. Its going to be a bit shorter than the Timberwind 45 model but less performant obviously. Stowed it fits in a 2.5m profile.

Edited by Zorg

45 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Nuclear/NEP hybrid mars mission. Nerva II sure had some interesting missions proposed for it!

Hide contents

unknown.pngunknown.png

eHeY8G5.pngzZLLGyr.pngTqJqadC.pngLiz9HXe.pngRlzKDJi.png

I don't know if nuclear electric propulsion will make an appearance in BDB at some point, but man, I love it

Nice use of the ATM Truss. 

53 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

@Zorg Any plans for the Flying Elephant? AKA Dumbo NTR Prototype and Advanced Dumbo

7195925 (osti.gov)

19920001882.pdf (nasa.gov)

No. Note that I'm not doing project rover test articles either. Rather I made NERVA engines which were fully fleshed out flight engine designs based on Rover reactors. Dumbo never progressed beyond a reactor design.

Edited by Zorg