[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

17 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Michel goes with Angelo. Zhengmin R goes with Zhenmimg E. In general, R = retro and connects to the decoupler, E = equipment and connects below the retro.

Did I seriously name them "michel" and "angelo"?

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

New Titan update?!

This would need a fair amount of work:

- New 1.5m camera module

- New adapter for RVs (two variants, for 2 and 3 RVs)

- Custom interstage (basically an upside-down, scaled-down SLA adapter with two petals)

- Algol-III (or can existing Algol be used?)

Also, I'm pretty sure this "Titan-IIIBS" would use a IIIC heatshield on its LR-87.

6 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

- New 1.5m camera module

- Custom interstage (basically an upside-down, scaled-down SLA adapter with two petals)

Also, I'm pretty sure this "Titan-IIIBS" would use a IIIC heatshield on its LR-87.

Maybe one day. I do wanna make some Agena stuff in the near-ish future (wide Agena, MIDAS, the KH8 solar panel, SERT 2 solar panel, etc.) but I don’t know if I’d tackle this then

On 7/25/2022 at 3:23 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Did I seriously name them "michel" and "angelo"?

Okay.... Next issue....   Did I miss the memo or did I just not fill out the daily TPS reports?  (Don't touch my red swingline stapler).

I can't seem to get my Kerbal to transfer to ANY of the Airlocks from the LMSS-ORS module.   I've got 2 Scientists stuck because I can't get them out of the LMSS-ORS.

Wua3P19.jpg 

Bc7q6cq.jpg 

Danger Will Kerbalson... Danger - You're butt is Lost in Space if I can't get a can opener up there.  I docked the 2 LMSS-ORS together with the docking LMSS Fork and Ring... and Opened the hatches.

Edited by Xtra

3 hours ago, Xtra said:

Okay.... Next issue....   Did I miss the memo or did I just not fill out the daily TPS reports?  (Don't touch my red swingline stapler).

I can't seem to get my Kerbal to transfer to ANY of the Airlocks from the LMSS-ORS module.   I've got 2 Scientists stuck because I can't get them out of the LMSS-ORS.

Wua3P19.jpg 

Bc7q6cq.jpg 

Danger Will Kerbalson... Danger - You're butt is Lost in Space if I can't get a can opener up there.  I docked the 2 LMSS-ORS together with the docking LMSS Fork and Ring... and Opened the hatches.

That sounds like you are using Connected Living space.  Or a similar mod that restricts travel through parts that a Kerbal (or Human since these are great replicas) shouldn't be able to get through.

By Default without such mods I can get around all the Station parts (I have built some doozie stations.    HOWEVER/CAVEAT   I have not used them in the last Dev Cycle and a half.

Honestly,  Even without the KH-10G, a 1.5-0.9375 cone that has an interface node for an inter-stage would be grand for Agena... a 1.875-1.5m Agena containing inter-stage would be duck soup on top of that.   From there it would be easy to transition to a KH-10G or whatever down the line.

11 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

- New 1.5m camera module

I was just kidding mostly. Furthermore, I'm sure that there's a lot of stuff that Cobalt and the team didn't add or didn't get to, due to complexity or unable to do it with their modding process at the time. With their new modding processes that they're currently using, some off the table parts might become on the table parts. I'm sure Titan will get revisited, maybe not any time soon, but sometime later. There's always room for improvement. 

15 hours ago, Pappystein said:

That sounds like you are using Connected Living space.  Or a similar mod that restricts travel through parts that a Kerbal (or Human since these are great replicas) shouldn't be able to get through.

By Default without such mods I can get around all the Station parts (I have built some doozie stations.    HOWEVER/CAVEAT   I have not used them in the last Dev Cycle and a half.

I must be reading Connected living space wrong because I thought it would connect spaces not prevent them.  If a living space (the lab) has an Airlock connected to it... then it should allow the transfer, but it appears that CLS (if you're right) is treating the wall of the LMSS Lab as impenetrable because it didn't exist in the original design.  I'll try it without the CLS mod to see if it makes the difference.   LIVES are at Risk here!!! LMAO

2 hours ago, Xtra said:

I must be reading Connected living space wrong because I thought it would connect spaces not prevent them.  If a living space (the lab) has an Airlock connected to it... then it should allow the transfer, but it appears that CLS (if you're right) is treating the wall of the LMSS Lab as impenetrable because it didn't exist in the original design.  I'll try it without the CLS mod to see if it makes the difference.   LIVES are at Risk here!!! LMAO

There should be an option in CLS on the right-click menu of a docking port that says "open hatch." For some surface-attached parts you have to enable passability while building the craft in the VAB, also with options in the right-click menu.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:32 PM, Xtra said:

Ill have you know I own the collectors edition, complete with magnets, flair, pen, TPS notepad (with fish guts), mouse pad, and, of course... a red swingline stapler.

LRV enjoyers - the dev branch now has my latest tweaks, including the KJR:Next patch, and a small reaction wheel in the base. The reaction wheel makes it much more stable, particularly with the MechJeb rover autopilot's "stability" setting, but I recommend rebinding your driving controls to the arrow keys or something, so you don't activate the reaction wheel when driving ("SAS only" mode doesn't work with MJ's autopilot).

Edited by Rodger

3 minutes ago, Rodger said:

LRV enjoyers - the dev branch now has my latest tweaks, including the KJR:N patch, and a small reaction wheel in the base. The reaction wheel makes it much more stable, particularly with the MechJeb rover autopilot's "stability" setting, but I recommend rebinding your driving controls to the arrow keys or something, so you don't activate the reaction wheel when driving ("SAS only" mode doesn't work with MJ's autopilot).

KJR: N? You mean KJR NEXT?