[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

So, couple of questions on development. (these are not derogatory I swear)

1. will 1.11 be released whenever you feel like "that's enough new parts"? Or is there a planned release date?

2. Is there plans for new stuff added, like a list to go through? Or is it on a whim like "That's a cool concept I'll add that"?

Just now, Socowez said:

I'm telling blackrack that you don't have any visual mods on

Ok that I can respect. In my defense, my rig is somewhat old (but reliable). Also TUFX has so many different presets it's kinda scary. Also I already have a bunch of surface bases and I saw Matt Lowne's video on what happened when he enabled collision with parallax on.

4 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Indeed you haven't.   If the people who made decisions had been thinking we may have had something like this for the reusable/return things to earth side of the US Space program.

I for one would like to have seen a continued use of the Saturn series....and a shuttle for things like Hubble or other satellites that would warrant retrieval/repair/upgrades and that is without discussing modular stations...

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Don't think I've posted this here yet, but I can't believe I get to say we're getting another rover in BDB!

shelab+008.jpg

xMeMwl6.png

I'll take two!

12 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

And a new hab as well apparently, looks neat! Also can the new rover be weaponized with M40 recoilless rifles or browning .30-cals?

Guys, don't look at me like that, I saw the other posts, y'all are thinking the same thing!

Recoilless would be the best bet.  And sure, why not if you download the major armory mod....

Now, I just need someone to tell me how soon NASA can't bet Amazon to ship a set of Darts.  It seems they broke their only one....

7 hours ago, Socowez said:

So, couple of questions on development. (these are not derogatory I swear)

1. will 1.11 be released whenever you feel like "that's enough new parts"? Or is there a planned release date?

2. Is there plans for new stuff added, like a list to go through? Or is it on a whim like "That's a cool concept I'll add that"?

Chaotic as our development may seem sometimes we do have a plan. You can keep track of current dev things loosely here. https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues

Most of the main part lists have been ticked off but we're not too far off from the next release as we're wrapping up various miscellaneous items. That said how long it takes can still vary based on devs free time.

PS6yED4.png

84FmqzG.png

L3WhLZQ.png

FJ5BsfK.png

kStq0Sm.png

WdB2zBD.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

MOL Lab Module I is docked with Skylab. 

Lab Module I brings with it new experiments and machines to allow the team of Skylab to do even more experiments. Lab II is under construction and will join when ready, but until then the Habitation module will be launched next, giving our kerbals a dedicated place to sleep, it will also give better accommodations than what the designers of Skylab could provide. 

Edited by GoldForest

3fwDbOS.png

PlQ0npx.png

JoDtfAS.png

jII78UJ.png

oUhqrlB.png

Skylab Habitation module docked. Next up, Shuttle Enterprise will launch new shielding up to the Skylab module to allow for Skylab to be oriented not Sun-ward. (Spoiler alert, I'll just be flying up a new Skylab module and 'pretending' to install the shielding :P )

On a separate note, should Enterprise also fly up a new solar array to replace the left one that broke off during ascent? (Again, will just be a trick of the camera in replacing it.) Or should I leave it off?

Actually, @Zorg @CobaltWolf Would it be possible to get the shielding of the Skylab as actual parts that could be attached via nodes via EVA construction?

Edited by GoldForest

caggKkV.png

4nQj6XM.png

rrrhhnC.png

Enterprise flies up to Skylab and restores both the micro-meteorite shielding and the broken solar panel, allowing Skylab's thermal regulation systems to keep the interior cool. This also allows for the reorientation of Skylab to a more parallel with the ground orientation, which will simplify docking for future visiting spacecraft.

4 hours ago, Pioneer_Steve said:

Poster for the Block II Saturn I's. Overlooked and super underappreciated vehicles.

SA-101_2.png?width=1620&height=911

I think other than the Saturn V, the rest of the family and concepts are underappreciated. I think that could make a documentary miniseries and museum exhibit in it’s own right.

Also I’m alive, the hurricanes haven’t stopped me yet! Haha!

3 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Don't mention the C-8, they don't like it around these parts...

Don’t worry, I saw that conversation. I respect and understand the concerns of all parties involved. I was talking about the Saturn family in general, no specific variant.

Edited by Blufor878

8 hours ago, Pioneer_Steve said:

Poster for the Block II Saturn I's. Overlooked and super underappreciated vehicles.

SA-101_2.png?width=1620&height=911

I have been able to put a Block 1 manned CSM into a 100 km orbit on KSRSS using the Saturn I. The S-IV was on fumes by the time I got there, but I got a nice circular orbit. I really short fueled the SM, leaving just enough to deorbit. It was my attempt to recreate the missions that were canceled when the CSM weight increased. I agree with you, despite the chunky look the Apollo/Saturn I was a good looking rocket. Retro look but still cool. 

HpWcU4y.png

uiSNi88.png

bVSlqzM.png

aQR9cM3.png

FE1XvoR.png

*Notices this is his fifth post of images on a single page*

Oh no, anyway... Lab Module II is docked to Skylab. 

Not entirely sure what to do next with this... any ideas? Connect ISS to Skylab? Just keep adding more modules? Make Skylab into an ISS that doesn't follow the original?

35 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

HpWcU4y.png

uiSNi88.png

bVSlqzM.png

aQR9cM3.png

FE1XvoR.png

*Notices this is his fifth post of images on a single page*

Oh no, anyway... Lab Module II is docked to Skylab. 

Not entirely sure what to do next with this... any ideas? Connect ISS to Skylab? Just keep adding more modules? Make Skylab into an ISS that doesn't follow the original?

Put a ton of RCS thrusters on an S-II wetlab and dock that to it.