[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, minepagan said:

Crap, I was making the Minotaur with 32. Time to start over....again....

44 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I'm working on a Minotaur now as well. Maybe if you ask Cobalt Nicely we can just have one here in BDB for you. :wink:

Considering that he's making the capsule and you're making the service module... :wink:

Was able to crank out some goodies for you guys tonight, including some surprises. :) More below the break...

Spoiler

1H28a8w.png^Sarnus INT-21 Hauling 3 full large ore containers and 24 small ore containers to orbit.

heTAZKi.png^Sarnus INT-20 Hauling 3 full large ore containers to orbit.

jib0xNT.png

^New 5.625m fairing base above the decoupler - had to make a new one since the larger parts use a different face count. The 3.75m version is a wider scaled mesh from the other Saturn 1 fairings.

LQWluPM.png^What's this??? I had time to create the SPS versions of both the Sina MEM engines! They have the same mounting hardware (including the extra top node) as the normal SPS.

All this is up on Github now!

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Was able to crank out some goodies for you guys tonight, including some surprises. :) More below the break...

DpeGmcN.png

BTW I'm free child labor for 3D modelling. What do you guys need?

Edited by legoclone09

1 hour ago, skyhawkmlt said:

Is there anyway except Kerbal Joint Reinforcement to keep the Saturn from wiggling all over the place in 1.2?

Yep! Enable advanced tweakables in the main menu settings window, and look for autostruts in the part right click menu (in the VAB)

It isn't necessary strictly to strut everything to everything, but I typically do: LES to root, Payload (if any) to heaviest, tanks below a decoupler to heaviest. Tweak (as the name implies) as necessary/ to taste :)

@CobaltWolf, very neat models! I haven't had a chance to take the fairings out for a spin, but I left you a note on teh githubz to go with the new SPS models. Unfortunately, my current setup is basically useless for taking screenshots at the moment... (Long story...)

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hide contents

LQWluPM.png^What's this??? I had time to create the SPS versions of both the Sina MEM engines! They have the same mounting hardware (including the extra top node) as the normal SPS.

I love you in the most socially acceptable way possible.

4 minutes ago, minepagan said:

I love you in the most socially acceptable way possible.

It was some low-hanging fruit that took me 30 minutes from when I started working on them to when I uploaded everything to Github. I'm seeing what more I can get done before the update is out. Someone pointed out that we don't have a 3.75m decoupler yet either. I'll see if I can sneak that into the update too.

Also, @Jso, @komodo and @IronCretin are still making several updates a day on Github! If you're not sick of it by now, feel free to keep testing!

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

It was some low-hanging fruit that took me 30 minutes from when I started working on them to when I uploaded everything to Github. I'm seeing what more I can get done before the update is out. Someone pointed out that we don't have a 3.75m decoupler yet either. I'll see if I can get that done too.

Well seeing as you just made the Block 3 SPS, how bout the SM? It's just a shortened Block 2 SM with no cargo bays, right?

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

It was some low-hanging fruit that took me 30 minutes from when I started working on them to when I uploaded everything to Github. I'm seeing what more I can get done before the update is out. Someone pointed out that we don't have a 3.75m decoupler yet either. I'll see if I can get that done too.

Do we also have a 3.75m fairing? That'd be useful, as I despise the stock one. They're so ugly... 

And another thing to look at is structural adapters for the new sized, such as 3.75-5.25, or 3.75-2.5(the stock one is ugly) 5.25-0.625 plz I need it for science 

1 minute ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Are shorter CM modules next?

EYES TURNED SKYWARD E[starts making noises similar to a jet engine]

You've been....you've been THREAD NINJA'D!

to the tune of thunderstruck

Edited by minepagan

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

Well seeing as you just made the Block 3 SPS, how bout the SM? It's just a shortened Block 2 SM with no cargo bays, right?

No, it needs a new mesh and textures. I'll see how much I can re-use. It would be nice to get the SM in for the update. Don't hold your breath for the MM. Which would people rather have? What's a more immediate priority for your designs? 3.75m decoupler or short Apollo SM?

@Rory Yammomoto I assume you meant shorter Service Modules, not Command Modules.

59 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Do we also have a 3.75m fairing? That'd be useful, as I despise the stock one. They're so ugly... 

And another thing to look at is structural adapters for the new sized, such as 3.75-5.25, or 3.75-2.5(the stock one is ugly) 5.25-0.625 plz I need it for science 

I added a 3.75m fairing last night along with the 5.625m one. It's just a rescale of the Saturn 1 fairing bases tho; I would have used the new 5.625m fairing base mesh but they have different face counts.

Adapters do really need to happen at some point, but right now most of them would probably need new textures made, instead of being able to map them to existing textures like I have sometimes in the past.

As always I can't stay away from BDB for long; I'm already juiced to get back to work on it. I only have an hour here or there at night to work so I'm trying to get some easy/fast stuff done before the update. I wouldn't say I'm 'starting' on ETS stuff; it's just I figured those SPS variants would be very quick to implement.

EDIT: Also, since @cxg2827 gave me some modified versions of his redone 0.9375m APAS ports to represent CADS from ETS, and they're already all done, I think I'll try and squeeze them in this update too.

Edited by CobaltWolf