[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

>>2016
>>Senior year of a VFX degree
>>Implying I would spend my free time practicing with software that negligibly improves my job prospects.

:)

uhhhhh sure... someone on Reddit said that all their tanks were missing LFO... stuff is weird. Throw you KSP.log up on Pastebin or Dropbox or something, I'll take a look at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok53p8bjcg6y8xe/KSP.log?dl=0

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

It says you're missing... all your models. Can you try and do a clean install of KSP 1.2 with BDB v1.0.1? I don't have anything like that on my end.

I'll try a fresh BD install, then move on to starting from scratch. I'm a tad lazy and don't want to have to re-download the mods I've got so far unless I have to

I managed to test a full Sarnus V in a 3X solar system with normal 70,000m atmosphere, seems like it lacks just over a thousand m/s delta-v for trans-munar injection. Maybe 6.25m would have been better actually? Or maybe it's because of weird interactions with CryoEngines and B9PartSwitch, I have to investigate further.

Also the J2 engines are much more powerful that what I expected, I get a max of 3.4 Gs on the S-II. Very impressive for upper stage hydrolox.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's indeed conflicting config issues. In 1.2 the exact same craft has almost 1500 m/s more than in my hack-job of a 1.1.3 backport.

Edited by PickledTripod

@PickledTripod in any case, I'm starting to suspect that our efforts to nerf the Sarnus series were a bit too effective. Every part in that series has it's fuel amounts liberally rounded down, the weights liberally rounded up, etc. I think that once the dust settles a bit with everything, there will be another big cleanup pass on those parts, both the art (there are some details that I wanted to put in that got forgotten in the push to get it released) and the balance.

Well I made a MM patch that basically excludes your tanks from fuel switching patches, with the proper tank capacities the delta-v figures look perfect in the editor at least.

Now that I'm looking at it up close I noticed that the S-IVB tank slightly clips into whatever it's attached to, like the Instrument Unit and engine mount. There are also small untextured bits on the exterior of the IU. Other that that Sarnus looks absolutely amazing, you've really outdone yourself.

EDIT: The good news is Sarnus V can indeed launch the Kane/Sina spacecraft on a free-return trajectory with a 3X rescale, with some some spare fuel. Bad news is that the extra fuel is on the S-II rather than the S-IVB, you can easily achieve LKO with the second stage while the third need every drop of it's fuel plus the APS to complete the trans-munar injection if you don't use S-II.

Edited by PickledTripod

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Welcome to the forums! :) Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy the mod!

By the way, what is your avatar? I've been looking at it for a couple minutes trying to figure it out!

I think it's the SLS Block 1B blueprint expanded.

4 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

@CobaltWolf The results of a fresh 1.2 with ONLY BD 1.0.1 was epic failure until I read 

OK Everone! Time to gather around and laugh at the idiot :(

:P

No laughing required, i'm just glad we got it straightened out :) Now, to have fun with assorted rockets! 

Regarding rescales... Nothing new to report, but they are not going unattended. When something is in hand to report, well... i'll report back. General balance is certainly on the radar as well.

(Spreadsheets... spreadsheets everywhere... It's like EVE Online invaded my KSP :confused:)

The word of the day has been "Report", btw.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Was able to take the new screenshots for the manual. Uploaded them to Imgur for your viewing pleasure. Yes, they're dark. I know.

I was just wondering whether you could load the parts back in 1.1.3 to get KVV images since they don't actually need to be functional so any offending modules could be removed with a MM patch, pretty sure nothing changed between 1.1.3 & 1.2 in terms of straight up model loading right?

1 minute ago, _Krieger_ said:

Hi Wolf, do you still provide the base files for the parts upon request, as you said some pages back?

Yup! Whaddaya need, how do you want it?

38 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I was just wondering whether you could load the parts back in 1.1.3 to get KVV images since they don't actually need to be functional so any offending modules could be removed with a MM patch, pretty sure nothing changed between 1.1.3 & 1.2 in terms of straight up model loading right?

they wont load unless I go back and change all the part categories. And that's at best a temporary solution.

2 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Rescales? Just made me realize that tweakscale isn't updated yet :(

We actually forgot to make Tweakscale configs for this update...

25 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

I'd love to have the models/textures of the apollo/saturn v, I could make some renders for you to place on the op and make a realistic texture for everyone.

I've already got some really cool projects for the OP going with other people, but more couldn't hurt. :wink: I am getting ready for classes right now, I'll try and upload them in a bit.

35 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've already got some really cool projects for the OP going with other people, but more couldn't hurt. :wink: I am getting ready for classes right now, I'll try and upload them in a bit.

Cool! I'll PM you my email.

Done, look forward to it 

Edited by _Krieger_