[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

iz picture time? IZ PICTURE TIME!

I needed a test station to dock with. I also needed to get it to orbit. Titan wasn't doing the trick. Lo, the Titanic Model S2 was born. Payload: ~15 tons. (Pardon the hour of the snapshot, the LH2 was boiling.)

Xc9KLSJ.png 

That is a S2 first stage with four 5 segment SRBs (~75% thrust) to get it in the air. S-IV-A (Stretched) second stage. Final insertion to be done by station OMS.

VtARlBm.png

Station on orbit, with first visitors. (Christened: "MoleHole")

The Rescale configs are moving along nicely, if slowly, if the launcher didn't give it away. (It was barely enough to make a 180x180 orbit ><) 

4 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

@Jso, how did you get the umbilicals working? For me, they're borked beyond belief.

I think this was done after the release. You need to enable crossfeed and fix a typo in the OUTPUT_RESOURCE line for LqdHydrogen. You'll also want to change breakingForce and breakingTorque to 150 to keep it from snapping off right away. Then you can turn on the fuel pumps (right click on the tower on the pad) and your LH won't boil away while you sit.

38 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Why not go back to the old Centaur parts and make smaller tanks so we can make variants of the Centaur?

PS: Nice work on the Centaur-T. Though may I ask, what is the Vega from?

Vega was meant as the stopgap until Centaur, but was replaced with Agena.

@Jall nice screenshots!

@Foxxonius Augustus ugh now I feel bad. Our current Centaur D has matte white on it, since the real one had insulation panels that jettisoned around SECO (IIRC), which the G/G'/T versions were all inside a cargo hold or fairing, and didn't need them. I didn't bother having jettisonable panels for gameplay purposes but now that we have LH2 boiloff... oh god...

@komodo neat little station! Not convinced that it needs all that RCS tho :P

@davidy12 for one, I will stop replying to the next person that asks for those ugly old parts back. Two, these parts are split up in all the same ways as the old Centaur parts. Short 2.5m tank, adapter tank, short 1.875m tank... it also has an avionics block. Speaking of those, since we have a ton of them now... maybe have those capable of autonomous control or whatever the new gameplay mechanic is? That'd help make them useful; for most people I have a feeling they're dead weight.

@DarthVader it's English run through a cyrillic converter. 'Engine', 'Service' (on the panel on the side of the mount), and 'BDB-S-IC' (I think).

Also, apologies if I have missed any posts/questions recently. If they're important please post them again.

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, Cdw2468 said:

What's that second one for? Where is/was it used?

They're parts to make Centaur E/G/G'/T. G and G' were supposed to fly on Shuttle. T is basically G' modified to fly on Titan IV, and E was the ETS designation for G', and flew on Saturn 1C and Saturn Multibody for high energy probe missions.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

They're parts to make Centaur E/G/G'/T. G and G' were supposed to fly on Shuttle. T is basically G' modified to fly on Titan IV, and E was the ETS designation for G', and flew on Saturn 1C and Saturn Multibody for high energy probe missions.

Never knew that, thanks for the mini history lesson! Can't wait to play with them

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

They're parts to make Centaur E/G/G'/T. G and G' were supposed to fly on Shuttle. T is basically G' modified to fly on Titan IV, and E was the ETS designation for G', and would have flown on Saturn 1C and Saturn Multibody for high energy probe missions.

There. Fixed it for you. Time travel! You can never keep it straight in your head.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

32 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Bug report: some of the probe cores (if not all) cannot be right-clicked on in flight, though they still function. Also, the F1' refuse to ignite, and the Redstone fins cause the Redstone to flip out.

The probe cores are a bit weird; I have to zoom in so that I'm almost inside them before they or anything attached to them works. Maybe that will work for you. As for the F1's and Redstone fins... I have no answers. They work fine for me.