[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Little "issue" with the big Agena tank (RMA-240):

in a 9:11 fuel/oxidizer rate, 240 fuel should be paired to 293.3333......(periodic) oxidizer, not 269.
It could be better to change its designation to a more rounded value: 243/297 as a "RMA-243" or 225/275 as "RMA-225"

3 minutes ago, Araym said:

Little "issue" with the big Agena tank (RMA-240):

in a 9:11 fuel/oxidizer rate, 240 fuel should be paired to 293.3333......(periodic) oxidizer, not 269.
It could be better to change its designation to a more rounded value: 243/297 as a "RMA-243" or 225/275 as "RMA-225"

... darnit. Alright, I updated, hopefully before too many folks download it. Thanks for the heads up.

23 hours ago, BMot360 said:

Bug report for the RMA-D-30

The RMA-D-30 consists of 2 nozzles. When firing the engine, one nozzle thrusts backwards, i.e. the correct direction, the other nozzle thrusts forwards (at least the animation does) and my craft enters a wild spin due to the opposing directions of thrust.

Hey Cobalt, just thought I'd let you know that this problem is no longer happening with the 0.08a release. Loving the Agena, it's great! Beats my stock/Tantares Agena I was using with your Atlas parts.

On a side-note - and seen as though you mentioned a while ago about your interest in "older rockets" - I thought you (and everyone else), might like Breaking the Chains of Gravity: The Story of Spaceflight Before NASA written by Amy Shira Teitel.

40 minutes ago, BMot360 said:

Awesome. Which docking port are you using on the Agena?

The Agena has the .625m Russian style drouge docking port from Tantares, clipped slightly into an upside down ATV forward adapter.

WOAH, I used an ATV (Automated Transfer Vehicle) part on the ATV (Agena Target Vehicle)!

It's 3:30 in the morning someone tell me to go to sleep...

9 hours ago, 123nick said:

i dont  think the hermes/mercury ripoff thing or whatever science part , the goo part, doesent have RT support yet. also, love these parts :)

That's hurtful, and I'll look into it. I know I wrote an RT config but it might now work 100% yet.

6 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

The Agena has the .625m Russian style drouge docking port from Tantares, clipped slightly into an upside down ATV forward adapter.

WOAH, I used an ATV (Automated Transfer Vehicle) part on the ATV (Agena Target Vehicle)!

It's 3:30 in the morning someone tell me to go to sleep...

Go to bed.

7 minutes ago, 123nick said:

Hurtful? how?

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't translate well online. I was referring to:

the hermes/mercury ripoff thing or whatever science part

Anyways, Titan engine texturing is progressing well. The Titan II engine will form the basis of the others, which mostly will have bits added or removed from them, such as the copper shrouds on the Titan IV engines, or the fairing on the Titan 1.

e7e7D3K.png

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

Anyways, Titan engine texturing is progressing well. The Titan II engine will form the basis of the others, which mostly will have bits added or removed from them, such as the copper shrouds on the Titan IV engines, or the fairing on the Titan 1.

e7e7D3K.png

heh, sorry. maybe im just bitter over the billions of mods recreating mercury/gemini/soyuz/ whatever else exist historically relevant. but thats just me :) 

edit: nice engine, looks cool. maybe you can have something like the cryogenic engine mod, which has mesh switch for the structural engine mount.

Edited by 123nick

4 minutes ago, 123nick said:

heh, sorry. maybe im just bitter over the billions of mods recreating mercury/gemini/soyuz/ whatever else exist historically relevant. but thats just me :) 

edit: nice engine, looks cool. maybe you can have something like the cryogenic engine mod, which has mesh switch for the structural engine mount.

I may not have bothered with Mercury, but PassingLurker offered his Bloeting Corp mod up for adoption and I couldn't say no. :P

I don't want to add more dependencies to the mod. At any rate, the different engines will have slightly different stats, so it would be easier to just have them be different engines.

On a slightly related note, we need ideas for the name of the Titan series, as well as names for the 3 variants of LR-87 first stage, and the two (three?) variants of the second stage. On a more general note, if anyone has anything Titan-launcher related that you want us to make sure is included, please speak up. Things like specific looking fuel tanks, or whatever.

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

olEWCra.png

And on that note, the LR-91 model is progressing nicely as well!

OAIr9CX.png

And on the topic of Titan part suggestions, don't suggest the giant SRBs; I've already got you guys covered! *cough*Davidy*cough*

heh, funny. arent tank-butts when the diameter of the tank angles downward to the diameter of the mounting plate of the rocket engine? or am i thinking of something else?

Hey, do you think the scimitar and dome antennas might be a bit unbalanced? they seem light, and the dome antenna has like, 60mm range, for a antenna, which when compared to LLLs 50Mm range for its 0.5 ton communications tower, just seems a wee bit.... much for something that light. and they both dont seem to deploy/extend in any visible, animated way, apparently.

47 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

e7e7D3K.png

This is very pretty!
Great pipe madness!

In KSP, tankbutts are when the bottom of the tank (the rim, in this case 1.875m) and the bottom dome of the tank are included in the model of the engine. Some people don't like it, seeing as in theory it limits the utility of the engines. In BDB, some of the engines (such as the Alpha and Viking) don't have them, while others (the Odin and Redstone) do. Come to think of it, the majority of the BDB engines don't have them. Some people prefer them though, usually just because, well, that's how stock does it. I am planning on making the Titan engines include them, but if people really want them I can easily do some light remodeling with out adding to the textures.

13 minutes ago, 123nick said:

Hey, do you think the scimitar and dome antennas might be a bit unbalanced? they seem light, and the dome antenna has like, 60mm range, for a antenna, which when compared to LLLs 50Mm range for its 0.5 ton communications tower, just seems a wee bit.... much for something that light. and they both dont seem to deploy/extend in any visible, animated way, apparently.

I openly admit to putting, well, absolutely no effort into balancing the parts. :P I basically rely on people saying something if something is out of whack. Neither are meant to deploy, the dome antenna is a small dish with a lightweight plastic cover, and the the scimatar antenna is a somewhat rare design that was only used, as far as I can tell, on the Apollo spacecraft. It's worth pointing out that both act as dishes and not omni antennas. Perhaps @Foxxonius Augustus could offer some input on the RT balancing, considering that's more or less his thing.