[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Is there any possibility of making the Delta-K BDS-0120 - Daleth-K Interstage Decoupler, attach to a new node on the bottom of the Delta-K fairing, instead of to the bottom of the engine? 

Yes/probably. Good idea.

Further, is this rocket being looked at in your CTT/StockTT re-balance?

That project is done. What specific changes did you have in mind? Keep in mind we just hit the highlights, rather than every variation of every engine. That would be RO territory.

Lastly,  Will the RS-27/H-1 family see upgrades applied to them?   Late game the Delta becomes rather anemic due to the lack of thrust from the original-tech RS-27.  The same is true for the MB-3/LR-79 for the Thor.  

Those are based on the RS27C and MB-3-3. I'm not a fan of the upgrade system when applied to engines. The upgraded stats don't show up in the vab pallet and you can't select an earlier model. I would love a ModuleEnginesRF type switcher for stock engines.

Is there a reason the Thor/Fennris alternate between NASA and USAF text/designations?

That's a contributed file. Feel free to submit any proposed changes.

3 minutes ago, Jso said:

That project is done. What specific changes did you have in mind? Keep in mind we just hit the highlights, rather than every variation of every engine. That would be RO territory.

The -118K engine is not associated  with any of the other Delta-K parts.  The range it becomes available is right where Grind time happens in my careers.  I substituted the Delta-P's TR-201 engine (Apollo Lunar module engine) and the whole thing blew up upon staging the interstage (hence the  request for node movements.)   Just looking for simple ways to make the game better.

6 minutes ago, Jso said:

Those are based on the RS27C and MB-3-3. I'm not a fan of the upgrade system when applied to engines. The upgraded stats don't show up in the vab pallet and you can't select an earlier model. I would love a ModuleEnginesRF type switcher for stock engines.

If not upgrade, could we see an RS-27A engine at-least?   I mean it is relatively easy for me to crank out a MM file to do so but I figured given how popular the Delta family were in RL that they would be a preferred Satellite launcher for a long part of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

If not upgrade, could we see an RS-27A engine at-least?   I mean it is relatively easy for me to crank out a MM file to do so but I figured given how popular the Delta family were in RL that they would be a preferred Satellite launcher for a long part of the game. 

What would you change? I don't see a difference between the A and C. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

???   Isn't the core engine the base RS-27 for Delta?     I am launching simple satellite payloads and having issues attaining a stable orbit at 100km with the existing Delta setup with a larger diameter upper stage fairing. 

If the core engine is the RS-27A... well I have to learn to fly better :) or start using Titans for all my satellite launches.

5 hours ago, Pappystein said:

???   Isn't the core engine the base RS-27 for Delta?     I am launching simple satellite payloads and having issues attaining a stable orbit at 100km with the existing Delta setup with a larger diameter upper stage fairing. 

If the core engine is the RS-27A... well I have to learn to fly better :) or start using Titans for all my satellite launches.

I've been compiling some stats. A successful profile to 100 km with the 7320/7920 seems to have the first stage/delta k separation at around 60km. It's capable of orbiting much more than the real payload in 1x but the Delta II can get uncomfortable with the heavier payloads.

On 1/13/2017 at 6:58 AM, Jso said:

I've been compiling some stats. A successful profile to 100 km with the 7320/7920 seems to have the first stage/delta k separation at around 60km. It's capable of orbiting much more than the real payload in 1x but the Delta II can get uncomfortable with the heavier payloads.

Yeah and I just realized I did not have a STAR-37 or PAM on-top of the Delta-K.   Thanks for the heads up!

10 hours ago, Ethridge said:

Fantastic mod! any chance we could get a Raster Prop Monitor version of some of the early Mercury-esque capsules?

Welcome to the forums! To answer your question, BDB's primary Devs don't make IVAs as a rule. (I think) All the IVAs BDB currently has have been done by volunteers or were part of original mods that have since been integrated into BDB.

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

On 1/13/2017 at 3:56 AM, Plecy75 said:

quick question: are there any RPM configs? IVA is pretty much useless without them in my opinion.

On 1/15/2017 at 1:57 PM, Ethridge said:

Fantastic mod! any chance we could get a Raster Prop Monitor version of some of the early Mercury-esque capsules?

15 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Welcome to the forums! To answer your question, BDB's primary Devs don't make IVAs as a rule. (I think) All the IVAs BDB currently has have been done by volunteers or were part of original mods that have since been integrated into BDB.

As Foxx said, none of the full time devs for BDB work on IVAs. The return on time investment is almost non existent. There are volunteers working on IVAs but I'd rather not call them out; they're not under any obligation (at least, not the same way I sort of am) to finish whatever they start working on.

@StarStreak2109 looks awesome!

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

As Foxx said, none of the full time devs for BDB work on IVAs. The return on time investment is almost non existent. There are volunteers working on IVAs but I'd rather not call them out; they're not under any obligation (at least, not the same way I sort of am) to finish whatever they start working on.

@StarStreak2109 looks awesome!

No problem at all, keep up the good work!

20 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Proud to offer our services! :)

Trying to get back into the swing of working on KSP stuff. Going to try and stream tonight, get some work done on trying to clean stuff up for the release. Starting some time between 6 and 7 Eastern time, over on Twitch. Gonna fiddle around with an idea I had, and try to get the Blok V Apollo parts in game.