[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Does anyone know of any stockalike Altair mods? I think ALCOR was one, but with my computer being as potato-like as it is, I'd rather have a HabTech than a CXAerospace, if you catch my drift (I don't want something that takes up too many resources)

16 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Does anyone know of any stockalike Altair mods? I think ALCOR was one, but with my computer being as potato-like as it is, I'd rather have a HabTech than a CXAerospace, if you catch my drift (I don't want something that takes up too many resources)

SSTU

lem.jpg

On 2/11/2017 at 10:46 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Do you have a tingling sensation whenever we start talking smack? :P

No, I just lurk this thread because content like Drakenex's really awesome recreation of Challenger and Freedom's first assembly mission blows my mind, but I know very little about mods (I played almost pure stock back when I played a lot) and thus have this tendency to lurk unless spoken about. 

30 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

(Awesome video)

As mentioned, this video is super awesome! :)

13 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

havent used SSTU in a while, but there is a folder structure so that you can take out the parts you dont want i think

Yep. There is. But it is also really stupid to do - I don't have any lander tanks anymore.

36 minutes ago, e of pi said:

No, I just lurk this thread because content like Drakenex's really awesome recreation of Challenger and Freedom's first assembly mission blows my mind, but I know very little about mods (I played almost pure stock back when I played a lot) and thus have this tendency to lurk unless spoken about. 

As mentioned, this video is super awesome! :)

Very much appreciated!

18 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Skylab has some serious twr issues off the pad, is it supposed to weigh 200 tons?

Is it just the Skylab S-IVB shell that had most of the weight? 

Screenshots would be helpful. We're pushing another balance fix this evening and I want to get it all fixed.

4 minutes ago, Daelkyr said:

Is it just the Skylab S-IVB shell that had most of the weight? 

Screenshots would be helpful. We're pushing another balance fix this evening and I want to get it all fixed.

with fairing its 12 tons. 11.2 without. with fairing and all 904,000 research kits its 207 tons

28 minutes ago, Kuu Lightwing said:

How to actually use the kits BTW?

The Skylab/MOL labs are a three step process. You need a lab, experiments and ResearchKits. Send up the lab with experiments to perform and ResearchKits to fuel the lab. Then choose to run experiments from the Manage Operations button in the lab. That will take time, power, and ResearchKits and turn them into an science data you can return to Kerbin.

We'll have to get a better explanation in the part descriptions.

2 hours ago, Daelkyr said:

The Skylab/MOL labs are a three step process. You need a lab, experiments and ResearchKits. Send up the lab with experiments to perform and ResearchKits to fuel the lab. Then choose to run experiments from the Manage Operations button in the lab. That will take time, power, and ResearchKits and turn them into an science data you can return to Kerbin.

We'll have to get a better explanation in the part descriptions.

why are there 904.000 ReasearchKits, though?

47 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

why are there 904.000 ReasearchKits, though?

Because the Skylab foreman forgot to divide 80 by 11,300. It's under construction, it takes time to get the numbers right.