[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Rrb7Gvh.png

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.7.0 "огромный" is now available for KSP1.8.1 and 1.10.1!

As always - this is a save breaking update! Please back up your saves before installing!!!

ae1IPCZ.png

New Features:
- Revamped Agena parts including historical Agena A,B,D, ATDA & GATV. Strapon tank Agena and proposed engine upgrades too.
- Agena Adapters for Titan III, Atlas SLV3B and ETS Carrack.
- Keyhole satellites including KH1, KH4, KH4B, KH7 and KH8. Coronoa recovery pod.
- New Centaur D with jettisonable insulation panels and new RL10 engines.
- New Centaur T.
- New Able upper stage and AJ10 engines.
- Completely revamped Thor Delta family. Nearly all variants possible from the earliest Thor through to Delta II and III. Combined LR79 engine with variants for LR79, S3D and RS27. New Castor solid motors.
- New Ablestar, Delta K and Delta P upper stages along with AJ10 and TR201 engines.
- Delta HOSS (Hydrogen Oxygen Second Stage).
- Delta IV including RS68 engine, 5m (3.125m) DCSS and various parts necessary for all variants including Small, Medium, M+ and Heavy.
- New Gemini capsule and modular equipment section. Various service module variants including Lunar Recon and Long Ferry.
- Updated Gemini Ferry and Big Gemini capsule parts.
- New Juno II and IV parts.
- New Mercury capsule.
- New Redstone rocket. Juno I spin table functionality available with Dock Rotate mod.
- New F1B variant for the F1 engine.
- New Vanguard rocket with GE405 engine and Vanguard Able upper stage.
- New Vega upper stage and GE405H engine.
- New spin decouplers in 3.125m, 0.625m, 0.9375m and 1.25m sizes to spin up solid kick motors. (Recommend for use with Persistent Rotation mod).
- Yo-yo despin device which uses KSP physics to slow down spin stabilised stages after kick solid motor burn out.
- Simple Adjustable Fairings (SAF) as a new dependency, allows adjustable and realistic looking fairings.
- Over 30 mostly historically accurate SAF fairings for Thor, Delta, Titan, Atlas, Centaur and many more.
- Many more texture variants including several by InvaderChaos
- Custom BDB contract pack (requires contract configurator) by Morphisor
- Custom Kerbal suits for BDB (Apollo/Skylab era A7L, A7LB and A7LB commander suits) by Benjee10. KSP 1.10+ only.
- New Flags by CineboxAndrew
- New craft files by Friznit for all the new spacecraft and most rocket variants.
- Lots of new science experiment definitions

- New sequential fire feature available with some solid rocket motors (intended for Gemini and Mercury solids). Allows for staggered firing of motors (with optional overlap) within the same staging action. Needs to be enabled and setup in VAB.

HnpVvH8.png

All the probes:

- AIMP/IMP
- Alouette
- Biosat
- Courier, Relay & Telstar
- Explorer 1, 7, 8, 11, S45, S46
- Pioneer 1, 4
- Pioneer P3
- Pioneer 5 (by InvaderChaos)
- Pioneer 6
- Lunar orbiter
- Nimbus (parts for most variants)
- Orbiting Astronomical Observatory (OAO 1,2 & 3)
- Orbiting Frog Otolith
- Orbiting Geophysical Observatory
- Orbiting Solar Observatory
- Ranger block I, II, III, Ranger B, Mariner 2 and Ranger Lander.
- TIROS-1

lSct4L9.jpg

Misc:
- Updated B9PartSwitch
- Updated Module Manager
- Updated Community Resource Pack
- Updated Dmagic Science Animate
- Remove MiniAVC

c2U3AGP.png

Fixes:
- replace legacy shaders on some plume particles

g1xlZyP.png

Deprecated:
these parts are soft deprecated (hidden in the VAB) in this release and will be permanently removed in the near future
- Old Agena parts
- Old Juno II Parts
- Old 'Early Rockets' parts including Thor, Redstone and Juno I
- Old mercury parts
- old Gemini capsule parts
- Old versions of OGO, Explorer 7, Ion engine, pioneer 6, Pioneer P3, Ranger, Sputnik 3 and Venera 1

- Old Vega

fuOot4S.png

Download:
Github or Spacedock

As always - this is a save breaking update! Please back up your saves before installing!!!

Edited by CobaltWolf

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Rrb7Gvh.png

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.7.0 "огромный" is now available for KSP1.8.1 and 1.10.1!

tenor.gif

Edited by Guest
Shortened it for the sake of scrolling.

gonna wait for a few BDB hotfixes, which I'm totally certain will follow, now that the public can access and experience bugs instead of us dev version users, before I make the jump to 1.10.1.

Really nice job guys, the increase in quality is noticeable in both the parts, and should I mention, the doubling of the filesize from bdb 1.6.x to now XD

Just now, Zorg said:

Not yet, I havent had time to get to it. If anyone wants to submit configs that would be much appreciated.

I submited one on GitHub.

Just now, gabo04 said:

I submited one on GitHub.

I dont mean a sample config :P A pull request covering various BDB parts is what would be needed. Otherwise i'll get to it when I have some free time.

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:
- Old versions of OGO, Explorer 7, Ion engine, pioneer 6, Pioneer P3, Ranger, Sputnik 3 and Venera 1

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

i thought that BDB was a part pack dedicated to US rockets,Probes...

Edited by Dat Kerbal Dude

Just now, Zorg said:

I dont mean a sample config :P A pull request for BDB parts is what would be needed. Otherwise i'll get to it when I have some free time.

Well. I don't that stuff because I don't know much about coding and modding. I just found that sample cfg.

16 minutes ago, Dat Kerbal Dude said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

i thought that BDB was a part pack dedicated to US rockets,Probes...

BDB started way back in the day so Cobalt could make some stuff Beale didnt want to make, the specific US space program focus came a little bit later. Those partial Russian probe bits were some of the oldest surviving parts in BDB :)

55 minutes ago, Zorg said:

BDB started way back in the day so Cobalt could make some stuff Beale didnt want to make, the specific US space program focus came a little bit later. Those partial Russian probe bits were some of the oldest surviving parts in BDB :)

And now they are dead