[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

42 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

i take it the engines are not supposed to overheat and the rockets unstable

If you need help with something you need to provide a lot more information than an off the cuff sarcastic comment.

Which rockets are unstable? Some screenshots??

Which engine models are specifically overheating? What are the steps to reproduce it? 

Which version of BDB, which version of KSP? etc etc.

Edited by Zorg

19 hours ago, davidlcjr said:

Running Latest update of KSP.

I have several craft using a now depreciated pioneer solar panels and a few research stations using a depreciated DeltaK Short Tank.

Many of the craft are satellites making up the bulk of my Communication network

The Research stations are Space stations that are to be retired when they finish researching all the data they have remaining in their labs.

Was Wondering if there is some way to update the save file to fix the issue or will I need to just back up to the previous version until those vessels are are replaced?

19 hours ago, Doc Shaftoe said:

You'd have to edit the parts for each vessel using those parts in your save. It'd be easier to figure out what the parts are then make a copy of the parts outside of BDB before updating to ensure compatibility. Although I don't think anything's been hard-deprecated (read deleted) in BDB 1.7, only set to hidden in the parts lists. The old part will be deleted from the mod eventually, but that's probably going to happen in the next update.

Best thing would be to decommission and replace any crafts using deprecated parts - we can't provide support for anything that has been deprecated.

I just realize that with RS-68B I can finally make an pretty accurate version this abomination. 80t 100x100 JNSQ maybe a little bit more. Somehow shuttle tank decoupler did't work on this thing

Also from diagram it looks like it use 5 RS-68 but no its 7 I count a petal on its render.

e1YMkgD.jpg

Edited by derega16

Loving the update! Gemini is vastly improved. One tweak needed: upon splashdown the spacecraft floats very high in the water, on the very tip of the heatshield. Can this be adjusted? Also, Mercury floats very low in the water, almost submerged.

One suggestion: is it possible to get the Gemini to go to the two-point suspension once it is on the main chute?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Edited by DaveyJ576
Added Mercury suggestion.

Another cursed shuttle
BB9PjJM.jpg

Yup, this was a thing

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40012.0;

It is surprisingly easy to fly despite have some problem on SRB seperation. It can do 20t to 100x100 JNSQ.

Launch sequence have to modify a little bit. Originally shuttle engines are lit at separation, but as I use a bigger full size EFT titan LDC core don't have TWR past 1 when SRB seperation. So SSME are air-lit shotly before SRB burn out instead. The results payload is greatly increase as a side effect. Upside down scale down SII-SIV adapter work nicely for adapting EFT to LDC and provide separation mortor prevent LDC hitting shuttle

Edited by derega16

32 minutes ago, derega16 said:

Another cursed shuttle
BB9PjJM.jpg

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. :0.0:

Also, wow this is such an incredible update! The revamped early rockets are just so much fun to build and fly and they look absolutely stunning now.

Now I just have to figure out how to sort through all these amazing parts...

2 hours ago, derega16 said:

I just realize that with RS-68B I can finally make an pretty accurate version this abomination. 80t 100x100 JNSQ maybe a little bit more. Somehow shuttle tank decoupler did't work on this thing

Also from diagram it looks like it use 5 RS-68 but no its 7 I count a petal on its render.

e1YMkgD.jpg

Actually the Jupiter III doesn't use RS-68s, it would have used a brand new engine. RS-100s. 50% more performance than the RS-68B.

Still nice to see. Good job.

3 hours ago, derega16 said:

How about 10x RS-68Ks for a guaranteed ~195-200t to 100x25° 2.5x Kerbin?

RR8alYH.png

aM0yezx.png

hmm, shuttle tank decoupler also didn't work on this boi

Edited by flamerboy67664

1 hour ago, flamerboy67664 said:

RR8alYH.png

aM0yezx.png

hmm, shuttle tank decoupler also didn't work on this boi

The Cormorant and SOCK EFT decouplers are weird if they're not used with anything but a shuttle. Use a regular stock decoupler instead.

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, flamerboy67664 said:

RR8alYH.png

Looks like your upper stage is also a bit bigger than mine. I use real scale S-II tank as a base and rescaled that flat 5m from NFLV for 3rd. Also which J-2X do you use?, I use CE with NF Realism it barely have enough TWR to get in to orbit with extremely loft tagetory.

Edited by derega16

2 hours ago, derega16 said:

Well, better than this

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=40012.0;

I tried it, it is impossible to fly

Ahh yes Drop tank shuttle.   Aerodynamics would need a major upgrade (and I am talking about an order of a magnitude above what FAR does) before that could fly easily or well.  Not to mention 3D gimballing, Better control logic, more linear control...etc :D

17 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Ahh yes Drop tank shuttle.   Aerodynamics would need a major upgrade (and I am talking about an order of a magnitude above what FAR does) before that could fly easily or well.  Not to mention 3D gimballing, Better control logic, more linear control...etc :D

Closest I can get is 1 SSME ground lit another 2 air lit but it flip over as soon as LDC burn out. Ground lit all 3 while pretty controlable, it have shorter burn time than LDC and drop tanks are already nearly big as shuttle itself

Edited by derega16

1 hour ago, derega16 said:

Looks like your upper stage is also a bit bigger than mine. I use real scale S-II tank as a base and rescaled that flat 5m from NFLV for 3rd. Also which J-2X do you use?, I use CE with NF Realism it barely have enough TWR to get in to orbit with extremely loft tagetory.

All done with BDB, SOCK, and Photon. Used a S-1C engine mount with more procedural fairings engine mounts to be able to fit the RS-68Ks. I did not use a 3rd stage, after the ET and the RS-68s it was a 5.625m tweakscaled S-IVB and a S-1C Flat bulkhead using LH2/LOX fuels powering 5 HG-3s, as I find fitting either Restock or reDirect J-2X not be able to fit in place.

Also, can anyone create something like a MM patch to make a RS-68K part variant to have ~50% more performance, to simulate for the lack of the RS-100 engine?

Edited by flamerboy67664

5 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

All done with BDB, SOCK, and Photon. Used a S-1C engine mount with more procedural fairings engine mounts to be able to fit the RS-68Ks. I did not use a 3rd stage, after the ET and the RS-68s it was a 5.625m tweakscaled S-IVB and a S-1C Flat bulkhead using LH2/LOX fuels powering 5 HG-3s, as I find fitting either Restock or reDirect J-2X not be able to fit in place.

Well, HG-3 have much more better TWR than J2-X (Ares). Both J2-Xs can fit nicely if using tweak scaled NFLV S-II engine mount with medium-short interstage.

Edited by derega16

16 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Loving the update! Gemini is vastly improved. One tweak needed: upon splashdown the spacecraft floats very high in the water, on the very tip of the heatshield. Can this be adjusted? Also, Mercury floats very low in the water, almost submerged.

One suggestion: is it possible to get the Gemini to go to the two-point suspension once it is on the main chute?

Thanks for all the hard work!

@Jso, can you look and the buoyancy stats for the capsules? I recall you having tuned them so they rested in the "correct" positions (ie Gemini in a horizontal position, Mercury... however the heck Mercury chilled in the water)

RE: Two point suspension. That was originally a goal of this revamp of the Gemini, but I later decided against it for two reasons:

• A proper two-point suspension would require a conformal part that extended down from the parachute, through the RCS, and to the base of the capsule. This meant that I already had to make a "normal" chute since the two-point suspension would only work in the "historical" Gemini configuration. Any other modifications any it wouldn't fit. So it felt like a fairly single-use part.
  • Parachutes in KSP are absolutely notorious for being one of the most temperamental, poorly coded modules in the game (see the "Mercury chute is 20m in the VAB" bug that I couldn't fix despite my best efforts). Even if I did make it, I have low hopes of it actually... working. :P

UymS4E6.png

I have just updated the atlas deltaV charts, they will be available in a few hours in the wiki.

Spoiler

Changelog:

• updated LR-89 mass
  • updated LR-105 mass
  • added support for the new 1.5m conical tank
  • added TWR =0.8 after separation line. The rocket is still flyable, but it might need a lofted trajectory.
  • added TWR = 5 before separation. This is helpful when launching Atlas II.
  • removed the upper stages. Otherwise it would need WAY too many charts and it would just clutter the wiki.
  • Payload mass now includes everything above the rocket (payload, upper stage looking at you Centaur, fairing, decoupler...)

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

UPDATE

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.7.1 "огромный"

FlAe5KM.png

This is a bug fix update which primarily fixes the problem of certain deprecated parts not loading. Our apologies for any broken craft (but we did warn you to backup first!). There is an esoteric KSP "feature" that prevents the loading of folders specifically named "zDeprecated", whodave thunk. Anyway all soft deprecated parts should now load on craft files and ships in flight but will remain hidden in the editor.

We have also moved deprecated parts out of Bluedog_DB/Parts to Bluedog_DB/OldParts. If you made a clean install or have purged your exisiting save of old parts you can safely delete this entire OldParts folder saving a whopping 27 mb of RAM :) . Note that these will be permanently hard deprecated (deleted) in a future update at some point anyway so dont leave these parts attached to your craft long term.

Fixes
- Fix some soft deprecated part models not loading (due to KSP excluding models from folders named zDeprecated)
- Move most soft deprecated parts to new directory Bluedog_DB/OldParts for easier deletion. Users who have purged their craft of old parts can safely delete this folder.
- Fix AJ10-118x name
- Update craft files with SAF fairings

Download

Spacedock https://spacedock.info/mod/442/Bluedog Design Bureau

Github https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/releases/tag/v1.7.1

Edited by Zorg