[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

36 minutes ago, Zorg said:

As a general rule things in folder dont affect the others. In this case though it looks like there is an exception. One of the variants of the Thor engine boattail uses assets in the Delta folder. You should restore the Delta folder to make sure the parts work correctly. Unlike the solar panel error, this will cause a functional problem on that part.

Since you're not interested in the Delta folder, I suggest you restore it, delete the DCSS and Paint folders inside, and delete the files starting with Bluedog_DeltaIV ( ;.; ). The specific necessary files are bluedog_Delta_Boattail.mu and files starting with Bluedog_delta2_Engines_*

actualy im mostly intrested in the Gemini program because i love that capsule and dont realy care about the rest of the mod (no ofence its an amazing mod but my pc takes a big while to load and i think apollo and saturnV is a bit overdone) is there a way for me to only keep the Gemini program with the lander the corona satelites the space station and the respective rokets without messing evrything up?

realy sory to be ignoring your parts/peaces of art(:() I imagine how long it takes to make them

edit: also i want to keep the atlas is a very cool rocket and i love that half-stage:D

Edited by noobkerblkat

31 minutes ago, noobkerblkat said:

actualy im mostly intrested in the Gemini program because i love that capsule and dont realy care about the rest of the mod (no ofence its an amazing mod but my pc takes a big while to load and i think apollo and saturnV is a bit overdone) is there a way for me to only keep the Gemini program with the lander the corona satelites the space station and the respective rokets without messing evrything up?

realy sory to be ignoring your parts/peaces of art(:() I imagine how long it takes to make them

What you've done is probably fine. The situation with the Thor bottail is an exception really, most of the time deleting folders works without problems. This was an unusual case where the assets for the Delta 2 bottail got combined into the Thor boattail due to how things were organised previously. 

For a Gemini, Corona and MOL program you need Agena, Thor, Gemini, Titan, MOL, Atlas (for GATV), Delta (the specific files I mentioned earlier). We also recommend keeping Generic and and SAF_fairings (if you are doing anything other than a basic MOL and need nice fairings for extra modules, otherwise you could get rid of it too)

There might be some parts not relevant to you in the Titan folder but theres too much asset sharing to start deleting things within a folder. 

Oh and you should definitely get rid of Bluedog_DB/OldParts

Edited by Zorg

Hiya. I'm getting lots of B9 startup errors on a new install. I'm trying to get KSRSS working, which means 1.8.1 and specific versions of kopernicus/eve/scatterer.

Once I had KSRSS working, I dropped in the BDB 1.7.1 release, and the B9 startup errors are where I'm stuck now. Is the BDB github version of B9 still compatible with 1.8?

Log here just in case:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jI5C0am2flzfxgrpaehQDTSRQyyS878/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

What you've done is probably fine. The situation with the Thor bottail is an exception really, most of the time deleting folders works without problems. This was an unusual case where the assets for the Delta 2 bottail got combined into the Thor boattail due to how things were organised previously. 

For a Gemini, Corona and MOL program you need Agena, Thor, Gemini, Titan, MOL, Atlas (for GATV), Delta (the specific files I mentioned earlier). We also recommend keeping Generic and and SAF_fairings (if you are doing anything other than a basic MOL and need nice fairings for extra modules, otherwise you could get rid of it too)

There might be some parts not relevant to you in the Titan folder but theres too much asset sharing to start deleting things within a folder. 

Oh and you should definitely get rid of Bluedog_DB/OldParts

i alredy got rid of the old pats folder

and there is no problem with the titan i realy love that thing so if there is a weard part that dosent belong to the Gemini program i can just use it for somethig else

thanks for the suport  its an awsome mod

you are amazing:cool:

4 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hiya. I'm getting lots of B9 startup errors on a new install. I'm trying to get KSRSS working, which means 1.8.1 and specific versions of kopernicus/eve/scatterer.

Once I had KSRSS working, I dropped in the BDB 1.7.1 release, and the B9 startup errors are where I'm stuck now. Is the BDB github version of B9 still compatible with 1.8?

Log here just in case:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jI5C0am2flzfxgrpaehQDTSRQyyS878/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for any help!

If the errors you're getting are these specific ones, they are mostly harmless (alternate subtypes of solar panels will get default output instead of lower). We are working on a fix; its already fixed for the most recent Kop, but we need a more general solution to deal with kerbalism etc which should also fix older Kop.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/977

Edited by Zorg

1 hour ago, Invaderchaos said:

Transit 2A and SOLRAD are now up on the github!
tGRmoaI.png
6eOR58j.png
lcjVudR.png
s6tSiLd.png
MnDmxHX.png

Do the DEV's of BDB even realize that all these recent updates have mad radernicks mods on US spacecraft utterly obsolete.

And do YOU reader's of this comment realize that you've been duped and that's ACTUALLY OK!

...Why did i make this comment.

Hi, I am about to update Realism Overhaul for me.

The following: I have the "Daleth-3-1700 Liquid Fuel Tank" of the Delta III twice. once one that is supported by RO, but which has the simple or old design.

and the second one that is not supported by RO, with the new design that I want.

I would like to know how I can get this exchanged.

hope that it is understandable.

8 minutes ago, msp307 said:

Hi, I am about to update Realism Overhaul for me.

The following: I have the "Daleth-3-1700 Liquid Fuel Tank" of the Delta III twice. once one that is supported by RO, but which has the simple or old design.

and the second one that is not supported by RO, with the new design that I want.

I would like to know how I can get this exchanged.

hope that it is understandable.

It should be noted that like most mods with RO support the configs are written and maintained with the Realism Overhaul mod, not BDB itself. The authors of BDB are not involved in this. 

BDB is a very large mod so the main developers of RO don’t have the time to write configs for it either. All BDB configs have been submitted by other users who use both BDB and RO

the simple answer is the best way to get it is to learn to write an RO config and submit it to the RO mod yourself. Otherwise wait for some other BDB and RO user to do that. 

1 hour ago, Zorg said:

It should be noted that like most mods with RO support the configs are written and maintained with the Realism Overhaul mod, not BDB itself. The authors of BDB are not involved in this. 

BDB is a very large mod so the main developers of RO don’t have the time to write configs for it either. All BDB configs have been submitted by other users who use both BDB and RO

the simple answer is the best way to get it is to learn to write an RO config and submit it to the RO mod yourself. Otherwise wait for some other BDB and RO user to do that. 

Well, then I'll ask the question differently.

where can I find the 2nd new design in the BDB folder?

8 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Transit 2A and SOLRAD are now up on the github!

Perfect timing!  I'm just about to launch Transit 3 in my save!

Okay, not a "request", but a question - has there been any discussion of adding at least some form of MIDAS and/or SAMOS to the collection?  More than anything, I'm interested in the solar panels because none of what I've found currently available really fits well as a stand-in for those that also fits flawlessly under the Thor-Agena or Atlas-Agena interstage skirt.  I believe the later KH-8s also used the same or similar solar panels but I'm not sure if they're in the pack because when I searched I didn't see anything specifically calling out KH-8 and solar panel.

2 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Okay, not a "request", but a question - has there been any discussion of adding at least some form of MIDAS and/or SAMOS to the collection?  More than anything, I'm interested in the solar panels because none of what I've found currently available really fits well as a stand-in for those that also fits flawlessly under the Thor-Agena or Atlas-Agena interstage skirt.  I believe the later KH-8s also used the same or similar solar panels but I'm not sure if they're in the pack because when I searched I didn't see anything specifically calling out KH-8 and solar panel.

SAMOS is planned as well as the KH-8 solar panels, I'm not sure about MIDAS though.

6 hours ago, msp307 said:

Well, then I'll ask the question differently.

where can I find the 2nd new design in the BDB folder?

The cfg is Bluedog_DB/Parts/Thor/bluedog_DeltaIII_AdapterTank.cfg

2 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Perfect timing!  I'm just about to launch Transit 3 in my save!

Im not sure exactly what or when at this time but there will be Agena solar panels at some point. 

1 hour ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Jupiter MRBM and Titan II I can make things that look real up, but idk what to use as a nosecone with Atlas and Thor...

IIRC Mk 4 RV was included in BDB 1.6 (or was it BDB 1.5?). No idea why it was dropped. You can try to download the old versions from Github and look for it.

Mk 2 RV can be made from 0.625m heatshield, inverted 0.625m fairing, flat 0.625m probe and 0.625m nosecone. Or should it be 0.9375m? I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, flamerboy67664 said:

Guys, would like to know what you use as Reentry Vehicles (that look realistic?) when using BDB rockets for less peaceful purposes. Jupiter MRBM and Titan II I can make things that look real up, but idk what to use as a nosecone with Atlas and Thor...

I've used the Procedural Fairings mod for this. Works quite well.

2v3o0bhv4ve31.png

frBui9S.png

Edited by Zorg

I'm still tweaking on this but as always I love to get opinions from those here who know better, but in the most recent version of the mod, I've started having issues with instability of the Juno II going through MaxQ.  I do use FAR and a 2.5x rescale, so I'm sure it's an interaction with FAR and the mod that is causing the problem, but what happens is that as I get to about 95% of MaxQ I start getting a sudden Alpha change that isn't being commanded and then the control inputs are too slow to properly damp it resulting in a harmonic deviation that quickly breaks the launcher at the Stage interface between the Juno tank and the Juno Command section (the tapered part).  I've tried using all 3 MechJeb launch algorithms and GravityTurn and while I can get it to not happen with a very steep launch, that results in a massive overshoot of the initial periapsis and thus early staging and loss of Dv and inability to get orbital insertion because neither guidance will go up through MaxQ then make an aggressive pitch over (which is what it would need to do) and I'm not good enough manually to make it work anywhere close to reliably either.

Any ideas (other than removing FAR)?  I don't want to really imbalance anything and I'm hesitant to change the gimbal rates if I can avoid it.  I did try auto-strut and manual struts to make the joint more rigid, but this didn't help.  I'm more interested in adjustments to either my launch profile or ideas where this sudden Alpha shift is coming from (this happens to *all* Juno II configurations and payload setups through Explorer 8, so I'm pretty sure it's something with the base Juno II, not a probe).

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, CAPFlyer said:

I'm still tweaking on this but as always I love to get opinions from those here who know better, but in the most recent version of the mod, I've started having issues with instability of the Juno II going through MaxQ.  I do use FAR and a 2.5x rescale, so I'm sure it's an interaction with FAR and the mod that is causing the problem, but what happens is that as I get to about 95% of MaxQ I start getting a sudden Alpha change that isn't being commanded and then the control inputs are too slow to properly damp it resulting in a harmonic deviation that quickly breaks the launcher at the Stage interface between the Juno tank and the Juno Command section (the tapered part).  I've tried using all 3 MechJeb launch algorithms and GravityTurn and while I can get it to not happen with a very steep launch, that results in a massive overshoot of the initial periapsis and thus early staging and loss of Dv and inability to get orbital insertion because neither guidance will go up through MaxQ then make an aggressive pitch over (which is what it would need to do) and I'm not good enough manually to make it work anywhere close to reliably either.

Any ideas (other than removing FAR)?  I don't want to really imbalance anything and I'm hesitant to change the gimbal rates if I can avoid it.  I did try auto-strut and manual struts to make the joint more rigid, but this didn't help.  I'm more interested in adjustments to either my launch profile or ideas where this sudden Alpha shift is coming from (this happens to *all* Juno II configurations and payload setups through Explorer 8, so I'm pretty sure it's something with the base Juno II, not a probe).

Thanks!

Try engaging the Limit AoA setting in MechJeb ascent guidance, upon first entering MaxQ. Set the value low - between 0.0 and 0.1 - and maintain AoA until you are well out of MaxQ. But before disengaging it, go to the Ascent Path Editor window and adjust the slider to closely match your rocket’s active path, to avoid a dramatic pitch-down as MechJeb tries to resume course. I use Classic Ascent Guidance.

Edited by lemon cup

32 minutes ago, lemon cup said:

Try engaging the Limit AoA setting in MechJeb ascent guidance, upon first entering MaxQ. Set the value low - between 0.0 and 0.1 - and maintain AoA until you are well out of MaxQ. But before disengaging it, go to the Ascent Path Editor window and adjust the slider to closely match your rocket’s active path, to avoid a dramatic pitch-down as MechJeb tries to resume course. I use Classic Ascent Guidance.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try that as well here shortly and see if that changes anything.

To kinda help as well, here is a link to a series of images of what happens -

https://imgur.com/a/MO7fUGS

Changing the Alpha limit doesn't really help.  It seems like about the time I pass 25000pa Q there is a sudden alpha and pitch command change.  MaxQ is about 28000 - 30000pa.  I'm not finding a way with MechJeb to see what its commanding or why this change.  Again, any help will be appreciated.