[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, TruthfulGnome said:

Modified Centaur on a Titan IIIE - August 8th, 1988. 
220200_20220102183755_1.png
220200_20220102184931_1.png

Rendezvous

Deorbit

Reentry of LMSS after 21 years and 336 days of sitting dead in orbit

220200_20220102190348_1.png220200_20220102190419_1.png

Thank you for keeping space Clean... Course it would have been better if we could recycle that old station after the fact :D

So with @EStreetRockets new SSME engines in Beta Test and available via github on his Dev branch...  I thought I would combine dev Branches...

Behold the Saturn II LCH4/LH2 based on the INT-19  (Agols subbed for the M55)

Lhc3bqC.jpg

Yes took advantage of the Milkstool for the Saturn V tower.  

Spoiler

pjDSx4Z.jpg

Intentional damage so you can see the Sweet Sweet LCH4 SSME engines!

Y6nzhBk.jpg

Basically standard SSMEs from the Shuttle for the S-IVC stage :D

J8Epmub.jpg

In short it was a fun flight.... until my wrist guard popped up and hit the space bar... I didn't get to land on the Mun (a second rocket would have had to retrieve them this was a one way mission to the Mun!)

Thanks to the BDB team,   @AlphaMensae and EstreetRockets for making this launch a fun success... even if my wrist guard broke the flight!

Edited by Pappystein

6 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So with @EStreetRockets new SSME engines in Beta Test and available via github on his Dev branch...  I thought I would combine dev Branches...

Behold the Saturn II LCH4/LH2 based on the INT-19  (Agols subbed for the M55)

Lhc3bqC.jpg

Yes took advantage of the Milkstool for the Saturn V tower.  

Hide contents

pjDSx4Z.jpg

Intentional damage so you can see the Sweet Sweet LCH4 SSME engines!

Y6nzhBk.jpg

Basically standard SSMEs from the Shuttle for the S-IVC stage :D

J8Epmub.jpg

In short it was a fun flight.... until my wrist guard popped up and hit the space bar... I didn't get to land on the Mun (a second rocket would have had to retrieve them this was a one way mission to the Mun!)

Thanks to the BDB team,   @AlphaMensae and EstreetRockets for making this launch a fun success... even if my wrist guard broke the flight!

are there some IRL concepts that use some of the more obscure amazing SSME variants that Estreet provides with his mod? like with the LRBE and SSME-35/150?

10 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

are there some IRL concepts that use some of the more obscure amazing SSME variants that Estreet provides with his mod? like with the LRBE and SSME-35/150?

A vac-optimized SSME was to be the upper stage of Ares 1, but it was scrapped in favor of J-2X (that doesn't have much relation at all to J-2 of Saturn fame, as you should know).

IIRC the issue had to do with the inability for SSME to relight for orbital insertion.

I recall it also being used as an engine for the First Lunar Outpost concept, and it probably was envisioned for Ares 5 upper stage at some point.

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

The 50/150 was a proposed modification for SSTOs featured in an AIAA paper that I don’t have access to, but here’s the link to the paper: https://arc.aiaa.org/doi/abs/10.2514/6.1978-976

13 hours ago, ILLOMIURGE said:

OAO telescopes, as I said. UV and X-ray experiments, to be precise. Everything else is absolutely fine.

I understand which experiment isn`t working. But please specify your problem. What happens if you start the experiment? Are you in the right height? Which KSP version? Which BDB-version (Release or Dev-branch)? Screenshots? Logs? Please read the linked post "How to get support".

6 hours ago, BezKartuza said:

What does "пробе" mean? What it is?! Maybe you wanted to say "проба"?

6 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

It means Trial

5 hours ago, nothingSpecial said:

Trial would  exactly be "проба" tho, "пробе" is more like "[to] the trial" or, with a mandatory preposition, "[about] the trial"

It's also "Probe" spelled in Russian letters, which the update was all about, probes.

Edited by GoldForest