[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

15 hours ago, Mudwig said:

*Snip*

Out of curiosity, I re-calculated all of this double-barrel Delta IV stuff with the 'actual' stats - according to B14643.de - and it's actually a lot worse than my haphazard guesstimates. I was way off.

LEO - ~32.7 tons = +14% over Delta IV Heavy.

GTO - ~15.4 = Only about 9% more.

The upper stage is still a massive bottleneck, even on the actual Delta IV Heavy. It just doesn't do enough of the work.

unknown.png

this thing is so cursed that It literally broke ksp

I was about to launch it but instead of the launchpad appearing, it redirected me to the space center screen

when I got back into the VAB, I couldn't click anything, this is where I took the picture, pictured above

I have no idea why this happened, with this save (JNSQ + BDB + basically all other BDB-like mods + extra stuff) it never happened before, if I had to guess it could be the new cool saturn heavy seperation motors, because this was the first craft where I used them, but that's only an assumption and not a fact

I'm going to test if the sep. motor is the issue or not

26 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

unknown.png

this thing is so cursed that It literally broke ksp

I was about to launch it but instead of the launchpad appearing, it redirected me to the space center screen

when I got back into the VAB, I couldn't click anything, this is where I took the picture, pictured above

I have no idea why this happened, with this save (JNSQ + BDB + basically all other BDB-like mods + extra stuff) it never happened before, if I had to guess it could be the new cool saturn heavy seperation motors, because this was the first craft where I used them, but that's only an assumption and not a fact

I'm going to test if the sep. motor is the issue or not

It happened quite often to me. It seems to happen if you remove symmetry on only the decouplers and not everything attached to the decouplers, so try rebuilding it but remove symmetry on all the separation motors, nose cones, SRBs and decouplers.

1/2 Saturn I block II (SA5) fairing. IRL this was a Jupiter nose cone and mass simulator but a fairing in that style is probably more useful. On github now as subtype on the generic 2.5m fairing base.

17 hours ago, Saltshaker said:

While everyone's on the subject of Saturn fairings, could we get a SAF switch to 2 cylindrical sections for the S4B base? The current Skylab (3-seg) and Short (1-seg) options don't allow something in-between.

At a glance this seems doable, will check on it.

1 minute ago, Starhelperdude said:

*puts on glasses* you see, this isn't actually based on TKS but on *forgets what it was based on* *removes glasses*

Dearest friend *puts on glasses* you see, you must have a complete thought to use glasses (due to the International Intelligence Act of 1984 [Chapter 4, Section 8b]). You can be prosecuted to up to 4 years of having your glasses privileges taken away. *removes glasses*

On 1/17/2022 at 12:57 AM, SpaceFace545 said:

The module manager stuff looks ok to me tbh. Did you manage to fix it? Strongly suspect b9ps not working somehow as mentioned the other day.

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

The module manager stuff looks ok to me tbh. Did you manage to fix it? Strongly suspect b9ps not working somehow as mentioned the other day.

Yeah I ended up figuring it out. I overhauled module manager and B9. As well as tweakscale. I think a few mods just got corrupted but all is fine now.

19 hours ago, Zorg said:

1/2 Saturn I block II (SA5) fairing. IRL this was a Jupiter nose cone and mass simulator but a fairing in that style is probably more useful. On github now as subtype on the generic 2.5m fairing base.

At a glance this seems doable, will check on it.

Nice! The absence of this fairing/nosecone was a minor nitpicky thing, but I am glad you corrected it. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Vexmae said:

Hi, i'm currently making MAS IVA configs for BDB and i would like to get the source 3D model of the mercury capsule, if it's possible, who do i need to ask for them ? 

We only do exteriors, any IVAs were taken from long abandoned mods, unfortunately. I don't have any of the assets.

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

I'm begging you, please can you add node attachment to the Apollo Block 5 solar panels and CDA33 and CDA55 antennas?

To the parts themselves or the engine mount?

On 12/14/2021 at 8:52 AM, dave1904 said:

why do you specifically say 431? Is there a difference between the Atlas V centaur 3 engines? I always assumed they were 100% the same. I am aware 4 is fairing 3 are srbs and 1 is how many rl10s

Sorry for the delay in replying.  I was quoting the names of the ship files, so they know exactly which ones are giving errors.

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

We only do exteriors, any IVAs were taken from long abandoned mods, unfortunately. I don't have any of the assets.

Oh i'm sorry i was talking about the exterior model, making a model of the IVA don't bother me, i just need the exterior one so i can align the windows, the models ..