[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

I think if you see seams that are just black lines, it looks strange, like here:

http://i.imgur.com/vReOT7D.png

Red is bad seams, green is good seams. ( I made a mistake, the second fuel tank from the left should have two red rectangles, and one green oval on the top.)

For the black edges that you have on the radial edges, instead of highlighting them with black, highlight them with a lighter gradient. It's a high accent, rather than a low accent. It makes it look more like a real edge, than a fold, or a crease, or an outline. Defined stripes are good, but you shouldn't outline your faces and polygons. It draws attention to the unwrap, rather than the pretty accents and stripes.

I'm new to this too. It's a learning experience, and you're currently better at it than I. I can't do it myself easily, but I know what looks good I think. :P

You're right. I made most of the UV edges have the black panel edges so I didn't have to worry as much about seams. :P

lhHerO5.png

Better?

Uhhh try now? Or I can upload to mediafire or something.

EDIT: So, a note on update schedule. My goal is to have Atlas + Centaur released by November 10th, after which the mod probably going to go on hiatus for, uh, reasons. Until some time in December.

EDIT2: Can anyone confirm if the science is fixed when the mod's folders are replaced with these folders?

Nope, still can't access the files...if you can host them somewhere else I will test them.

No luck with the Sci Def's...sorry.

I'll go through each line of the code and check it...but it will have to be glaringly obvious for me to spot it. :blush:

It's so odd because they work on my end. I can't figure out why identical files wouldn't work somewhere else. Do you have any other mods installed?

I think its linked to the 'DMagic Orbital Science Mod'...the full mod and not the plugin bundled with your mod. I removed it and everything started working again.

Having Zero knowledge of how the Sci Defs work...is it possible that the Sci Def file in your plugin are conflicting with the Sci Def file in DMagic as they have the same filename?

What would happen if you renamed yours to BD_Sci Def's or some other variant?

Edit 1: Scratch that suggestion...didn't work:(

Edited by Kalidor

I think its linked to the 'DMagic Orbital Science Mod'...the full mod and not the plugin bundled with your mod. I removed it and everything started working again.

Having Zero knowledge of how the Sci Defs work...is it possible that the Sci Def file in your plugin are conflicting with the Sci Def file in DMagic as they have the same filename?

What would happen if you renamed yours to BD_Sci Def's or some other variant?

Edit 1: Scratch that suggestion...didn't work:(

Replace the sciencedefs.cfg file in the resources folder with this one. Because I use DMagic's experiment cfg, it tries to write it twice. Which apparently is no bueno. Same would happen with FASA I guess. I'll look into it.

No joy, but at least you know where to look now.

Haven't had much luck attaching the Centre Centaur engine either...the only way I can get it to work is to attach the left/right engine first OR attach an engine to the fairing node first which lets me attach it with no issues

Wow. Much better. Looking good. Basically, less visible seams, and light edge shading, not dark.

Good stuff. :)

Alright thanks for the help! :D

No joy, but at least you know where to look now.

Haven't had much luck attaching the Centre Centaur engine either...the only way I can get it to work is to attach the left/right engine first OR attach an engine to the fairing node first which lets me attach it with no issues

I'll have to ask DMagic about that one then. Thanks for looking into it.

Yeah the center node is annoying. I think it's because the RL-10 is too close in height and it just says 'I can't connect to this bottom node so OBVIOUSLY I can't connect to anything else.'

Neat parts, they fit well with AIES. I got rid of the Atlas V parts, as I already had the launchers pack, but they look neat.

Thank you! AIES was one of my favorite mods when I started playing - I don't run it anymore (too many part mods!) but that really is a compliment. As for the Atlas V, I'll have to see if I can get you to put it back once I get around to redoing / finishing it. :)

In other news: I have a working fix for the science! Unfortunately I have class now and am waiting for some PMs to see if there are better ways to fix it than I have done. But, once I do update, it will include this:

usKtC9y.png

zWmMdkM.png

(that's a tweakscaled baby skipper on a 1.5m tweakscaled launcher)

The refresh on the radial engine is done! (and it only took two hours...)

Re: Atlas / Centaur - still shooting for a release within the next two weeks. For... uh, reasons.

Could you maybe make other launch towers?

MAybe the ones used with the atlas V (I dont know what they look like actually) but that would be awsome

I haven't planned on doing anything related to launch towers / clamps. It's definitely something that could be looked at in the future. :)