[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

fun fact: The BDB LEM incorporates features of the LEM Taxi, since I decided there was no point in making separate parts for it. Particularly the rust colored spherical tanks on the back of the descent stage.

It also works nicely as a LEM shelter.

whkaw1w.png?1

25 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

one kit, MANY uses!

speaking of which, reminder that the LEM is still due to have some of the parts be available separately. Right now I am only planning to have the legs, and the two non-animating antennas.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

speaking of which, reminder that the LEM is still due to have some of the parts be available separately. Right now I am only planning to have the legs, and the two non-animating antennas.

I actually quite like the legs being integrated on the D.M. It was kind of a pain to have to put 3 legs on individually because the fourth one has to have a ladder on it. maybe a separate version with no legs instead?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

17 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I actually quite like the legs being integrated on the D.M. It was kind of a pain to have to put 3 legs on individually because the fourth one has to have a ladder on it. maybe a separate version with no legs instead?

The legs are going to stay integrated. I'm not sure what you mean by 3 legs individually? I don't know if I'll provide a separate fuel tank with no legs - I'd actually have to do some texturing work to separate it as a result of the textures being made for integrated legs.

16 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

My body is ready (but the manual isn't) 22b2c-gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Edit, by the way

You impressed me.

That's actually not too far from the number of downloads for the mod in that timeframe :wink:

2 hours ago, Sulaiman said:

You totally should add the Orion Space Craft :D

Probably not. :)

To quote the OP:

Awesome! I love having people interested in the mod's development. First, check the roadmap to make sure I haven't already planned on making it. If it's on there, it will get done - eventually. Some day. Hopefully. If not, feel free to ask on the thread. Preferably with pictures, or something. Fair warning - I don't have much of an interest in modern rockets, so don't expect to see things like a Falcon 9 or some such in this mod. I also don't plan on covering anything Soviet - Tantares already does a fine job of representing those in a stockalike style. Right now I'm also sort of swamped, with content planned for upwards of the next year! However, if you have something relevant to what I'm currently working on (ie you can't have X rocket without Y part for it) please speak up - I like to be complete!

Edited by CobaltWolf

I'm having an odd issue and I'm not even sure where to begin troubleshooting. I installed a handful of mods yesterday, to include Blue Dog and lost the ability to do some stock science (observe mystery goo and crew reports for example). I could right click on a crew capsule, but Crew Report was missing. Otherwise, things were fine and I loved what Blue Dog added to the game. 

I decided to re-download KSP and re-install my mods (a few at a time, backing up the GameData folder along the way) and got everything back up and running and the "no stock science" issue was gone. The only issue I've seen so far is that when I use a Blue Dog part with an engine, the part functions, but the exhaust visuals have vanished. From what I can tell, my install remains 100% playable, just annoying with some of the engine visuals missing.

I don't know where to look to begin trying to figure out what would cause visuals that were present in one install to disappear after a re-install. I'm far from suggesting that the Blue Dog mod is responsible for it, just that it's the only mod I have that is affected. I want to rule out something I did, or didn't do before I start suggesting that OP's mod might be responsible.

9 minutes ago, FlyMeToTheMinmus said:

I believe for the legs they are referring to the FASA LEM, which required you to place three regular legs without symmetry as the ladder leg was a distinct part

ah, I see. The goal of our LEM, since the parts are so single-use, is to make it as simple to put together as possible, and reduce the part count to reduce the physics lag of a Saturn V stack. So I think, building a standard LEM, it comes out to five parts: The two stages, the two engines, and the docking port.

1 hour ago, pheenix99 said:

I'm having an odd issue and I'm not even sure where to begin troubleshooting. I installed a handful of mods yesterday, to include Blue Dog and lost the ability to do some stock science (observe mystery goo and crew reports for example). I could right click on a crew capsule, but Crew Report was missing. Otherwise, things were fine and I loved what Blue Dog added to the game. 

I decided to re-download KSP and re-install my mods (a few at a time, backing up the GameData folder along the way) and got everything back up and running and the "no stock science" issue was gone. The only issue I've seen so far is that when I use a Blue Dog part with an engine, the part functions, but the exhaust visuals have vanished. From what I can tell, my install remains 100% playable, just annoying with some of the engine visuals missing.

I don't know where to look to begin trying to figure out what would cause visuals that were present in one install to disappear after a re-install. I'm far from suggesting that the Blue Dog mod is responsible for it, just that it's the only mod I have that is affected. I want to rule out something I did, or didn't do before I start suggesting that OP's mod might be responsible.

What? Still? I thought we had fixed that! @Jso @VenomousRequiem

Either install RealPlume (well worth it in my opinion) or delete the RealPlume folder in your Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility. For some reason, the configs activate sometimes without actually having RealPlume installed, breaking the effects.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Either install RealPlume (well worth it in my opinion) or delete the RealPlume folder in your Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility. For some reason, the configs activate sometimes without actually having RealPlume installed, breaking the effects.

I'll try and install .11 instead of .11.1 and then move onto RealPlume experimentation (never used it before) and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll post log files. 

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

This is nearly always caused by some -other- mod that has improper RealPlumes patches setup using a FOR block.

If any mod uses a :FOR[RealPlumes] block on their RP patch, it'll trigger every-other real-plumes patch to run (as a FOR block tells ModuleManager that the mod in the FOR block is installed; hence it thinks RealPlumes is installed and runs all NEEDS[RealPlumes] patches erroneously). 

The proper way to setup those patches is with a :NEEDS[RealPlumes]:BEFORE[RealPlumes]  (not that I need to tell you that... but feel free to tell others :) ) (there are other ways to do them as well, but I found that this method works well).

Edit:  I should add that people are doing this because that is how the RealPlumes Wiki tells them to setup their patches.  Which is plain wrong and only works if RealPlumes is a hard dependency/shipped with the mod.  Someone probably needs to file an issue ticket and/or update the RealPlumes wiki with that information.

Edited by Shadowmage

1 hour ago, Shadowmage said:

This is nearly always caused by some -other- mod that has improper RealPlumes patches setup using a FOR block.

If any mod uses a :FOR[RealPlumes] block on their RP patch, it'll trigger every-other real-plumes patch to run (as a FOR block tells ModuleManager that the mod in the FOR block is installed; hence it thinks RealPlumes is installed and runs all NEEDS[RealPlumes] patches erroneously). 

The proper way to setup those patches is with a :NEEDS[RealPlumes]:BEFORE[RealPlumes]  (not that I need to tell you that... but feel free to tell others :) ) (there are other ways to do them as well, but I found that this method works well).

Edit:  I should add that people are doing this because that is how the RealPlumes Wiki tells them to setup their patches.  Which is plain wrong and only works if RealPlumes is a hard dependency/shipped with the mod.  Someone probably needs to file an issue ticket and/or update the RealPlumes wiki with that information.

Is there a particular file that I can search for that might contain this block so I can remove the mod? Or perhaps installing RP would fix the issue?

I don't know much about mods beyond installing, so this might be a silly question.

2 minutes ago, pheenix99 said:

Is there a particular file that I can search for that might contain this block so I can remove the mod? Or perhaps installing RP would fix the issue?

I don't know much about mods beyond installing, so this might be a silly question.

at work so I'll quote my earlier reply :)

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Either install RealPlume (well worth it in my opinion) or delete the RealPlume folder in your Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility.

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

ah, I see. The goal of our LEM, since the parts are so single-use, is to make it as simple to put together as possible, and reduce the part count to reduce the physics lag of a Saturn V stack. So I think, building a standard LEM, it comes out to five parts: The two stages, the two engines, and the docking port.

that would be good, thanks.

5 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Is there a particular file that I can search for that might contain this block so I can remove the mod?

Search for FOR[RealPlumes] in the ksp.log. If you do identify the mod it would be nice to let the author know so they can fix the issue.