[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

It also needs some texture and model work done. Nothing involving Saturn V should even really be released yet. :P

Sorry. I will patiently wait.

PS: aprés deux heures, I cannot wait. WHO had the idea to put BUGFIXES with the BETA MODELS?

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

4 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

I could not resist.

0WS3Ga1.png

This is my Sarnus 1C, made with what I assume are 'balanced' parts. TWR of 5.40, and 6 kilometres per second DV.

*Perfectionism warning*

in ETS didn't the S1C have a tank that looked more like a stretched SIVB?

2 hours ago, minepagan said:

*Perfectionism warning*

in ETS didn't the S1C have a tank that looked more like a stretched SIVB?

yeah the S-IF (iirc that's the Saturn 1C first stage designation) is a monolithic tank. The first stage looks nothing like that (Sorry Rory!) it'll probably be out soonish after the 1.0 release, along with the other Apollo variants. I don't have immediate labs for doing the multibody, other than the extension for the upper stage to make it a S-IVC

Edited by CobaltWolf

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

yeah the S-IF (iirc that's the Saturn 1C first stage designation) is a monolithic tank. The first stage looks nice like that (Sorry Rory!) it'll probably be out soonish after the 1.0 release, along with the other Apollo variants. I don't have immediate labs for doing the multibody, other than the extension for the upper stage to make it a S-IVC

Could you just resize a Jumbo tank, in the interim?

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

yeah the S-IF (iirc that's the Saturn 1C first stage designation) is a monolithic tank. The first stage looks nice like that (Sorry Rory!) it'll probably be out soonish after the 1.0 release, along with the other Apollo variants. I don't have immediate labs for doing the multibody, other than the extension for the upper stage to make it a S-IVC

It cannot go all the way to orbit either, but it will do.

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

Could you just resize a Jumbo tank, in the interim?

I did not want to make the Saturn Multibody.

Plus that is WAAY too heavy. heavier even then the composite tank of the SI.

If i wanted to use the F-1 from SSTU (which I did not) I would use a scaled Rockomax, or even SSTU's own tanks. But I do not want to. I wanted to make it out of BDB parts.

Perhaps a larger rocket is necessary; attempting to make one out of two SIVB tanks.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

@CobaltWolf: Nice work, just installed the APS on my Sarnus Vs and IBs. Though because of my EXTREME OCD, I can't stand seeing untextured parts on the J-2, SIVB, and IU (The most complete parts). 

Still, THIS is what I was waiting to see from BDB since you finished the Atlas rockets back in early 2016.

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

It cannot go all the way to orbit either, but it will do.

I did not want to make the Saturn Multibody.

Plus that is WAAY too heavy. heavier even then the composite tank of the SI.

If i wanted to use the F-1 from SSTU (which I did not) I would use a scaled Rockomax, or even SSTU's own tanks. But I do not want to. I wanted to make it out of BDB parts.

Perhaps a larger rocket is necessary; attempting to make one out of two SIVB tanks.

Well, as we all know Saturn 1C is a sounding rocket. Also, my phone autocorrected something in my last post - I mean to say Saturn 1C looks NOTHING like the first stage you showed. ^.^ Stacking two S-IVB tanks might work...

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Nice work, just installed the APS on my Sarnus Vs and IBs. Though because of my EXTREME OCD, I can't stand seeing untextured parts on the J-2, SIVB, and IU (The most complete parts). 

Still, THIS is what I was waiting to see from BDB since you finished the Atlas rockets back in early 2016.

Well maybe it'd be better for your OCD if you weren't trying to play with parts that I pretty much just uploaded so Jso could test? :P

And actually, the Atlas parts were done the first week of November 2015. I know, because I rushed to finish them before Fallout 4 came out :wink: Early 2016 was Titan and Delta II mostly.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Well maybe it'd be better for your OCD if you weren't trying to play with parts that I pretty much just uploaded so Jso could test? :P

And actually, the Atlas parts were done the first week of November 2015. I know, because I rushed to finish them before Fallout 4 came out :wink: Early 2016 was Titan and Delta II mostly.

Oh I forgot. 

Can't wait to see this thing finished by the end of the month.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Me too. The good news is, all the bugs should be squashed and the balance locked in by the time I finish the art assets for Saturn and go back to polish the Apollo / LEM.

Great to hear

On the LEM, there is one part of my OCD that is getting to me. On apollo 5 there were no legs. :(

So I'm using the SXT descent stage for my Kerballo 5 model. 

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Just curious Cobalt, for the S-IVB, where you planning on including the pedal adaptor fairings or will they be blown clear like the modifications made after Apollo 7?

IIRC it'll be a lot like the one from KWRocketry, so like the first picture. 

@CobaltWolf Is it possible to do like the one from FASA anymore without FAR? If we include a cargobay module will it properly shield it? I like the one where the four bits are blown clean off like mentioned above. I don't think @Jso cares as long as it'll weigh 15 tons. :P

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

yeah the S-IF (iirc that's the Saturn 1C first stage designation) is a monolithic tank. The first stage looks nothing like that (Sorry Rory!) it'll probably be out soonish after the 1.0 release, along with the other Apollo variants. I don't have immediate labs for doing the multibody, other than the extension for the upper stage to make it a S-IVC

What do you mean by 1.0 release? Please tell em squad isn't updating this game again?!?! 

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, Avalon304 said:

Probably not that long.

The recent devnotes make it sound like it's about 3-4 weeks away.

I for one am very happy about this. The wheels should be usable again, we're looking at good performance improvements and it shouldn't be as mod-breaking as 1.1 was. The only thing I'm not too excited for is the antenna system, but from what I understand it can be entirely disabled if I want to go back to RemoteTech instead.